Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How do you make web sites?
Top Forums Web Development How do you make web sites? Post 302369075 by TonyLawrence on Friday 6th of November 2009 11:23:21 AM
Old 11-06-2009
For a new user, I suggest WordPress.com » Get a Free Blog Here

I'm not personally a fan of Wordpress, but a large number of folks use it so it's easy to find help if you need it. By using Wordpress.com, if you later decided to transfer to your own hosted Wordpresss site (to get more features and control than the Wordpress.com hosting offers), it's easy to transfer the site.

For those that care - I don't like Wordpress exactly because of what makes others rave about it - the PHP templating system. But it's a very easy place to start and for small sites that mostly want to stay away from technical details while still being able to customize, Wordpress is a good choice.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do i make a web page

hey uhh this is my first post and i was wondering how do i make a web page for like a small business or something anything will help thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neil Peart
3 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Use UNIX to track web sites viewed?

I'm on OSX 10.4. I was wondering if you can use UNIX terminal to track what web sites have been viewed on this Mac... Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tracymanusa
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Make a Web page

I'm 13 years of age and I am into computers. I am trying to learn how to make a webpage. I could use the help and I would greatly appriciate it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lydia98
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Web sites

Hi, I can't view web portal in my intranet from linux RHE, and neither to web application. My network configuration /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/fcfg-eth0 is ok, what is happen?, can you help me please. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xochitl
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Your Favorite Tech Support Web Sites and Why?

Where do you go to participate in technical discussions besides UNIX.COM and why? Personally, I do not really participate in other forums and discussion boards, but I do ask questions from time to time on Stack sites. The problem I have with Stack is that my questions are never answered on any... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
30 Replies
libcurl(3)						      libcurl easy interface							libcurl(3)

NAME
libcurl-easy - easy interface overview DESCRIPTION
When using libcurl's "easy" interface you init your session and get a handle (often referred to as an "easy handle"), which you use as input to the easy interface functions you use. Use curl_easy_init(3) to get the handle. You continue by setting all the options you want in the upcoming transfer, the most important among them is the URL itself (you can't transfer anything without a specified URL as you may have figured out yourself). You might want to set some callbacks as well that will be called from the library when data is available etc. curl_easy_setopt(3) is used for all this. When all is setup, you tell libcurl to perform the transfer using curl_easy_perform(3). It will then do the entire operation and won't return until it is done (successfully or not). After the transfer has been made, you can set new options and make another transfer, or if you're done, cleanup the session by calling curl_easy_cleanup(3). If you want persistent connections, you don't cleanup immediately, but instead run ahead and perform other transfers using the same easy handle. libcurl 7.10.7 12 Aug 2003 libcurl(3)