Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Error while installing zone in opensolaris Post 302368941 by jlliagre on Friday 6th of November 2009 04:41:28 AM
Old 11-06-2009
The error is simply you didn't create a ZFS dataset for the zone.

try
Code:
zfs create zones/test

assuming you have a zone pool.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Problems installing OpenSolaris on _X86 platform

Hey Guys. I am trying to install OpenSolaris 5.11 on _X86 platform in a BladeCenter H chasis of IBM. Afetr Booting with the CDROM the install process send a PROBES FOR DEVICES NODES messages and goes to the follow state..... Please see the attach. If someone have installed... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aggadtech08
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Installing OpenSolaris on Sun v120

I have come into my possesion a v120 server at work that was decommisioned from another project. I don't have the Solaris Installation CD nor do I have root or any user credentials on this server. My goal was to install OpenSolaris on this server and use it as a playground for learning UNIX... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stringzz
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Postprocess issue installing Solaris 9 Branded Zone

Hello, I am attempting to install a newly configured Solaris 9 zone using the flash archive image provided on the sun website. Each time I run the install I get a failure during the Postprocess: Creating mount points. Following is the log: Log File: /var/tmp/s9-zone.install.25457.log... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brialt1
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Mounting OpenSolaris Zone FS in Global Zone

Hi, We have had a hard drive failure on one of our sandbox OpenSolaris system. We had 2 solaris zones configured at /tank/zones/teamcity and /tank/zones/jira for respective products. The zpool (tank) was mirrored (2 drives). I'd like to mount the non-faulty drive in the global zone and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sophie.cowell
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Installing Solaris inside zone using automated installer

Hi guys, I was wondering if Solaris 11 can be installed in zone using automated installer as I can with vmvare or virtualbox. To be precise, first I want to create a zone which will create empty box. After that, I want to install Solaris using automated installer because I have a bunch of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
2 Replies
zcons(7D)							      Devices								 zcons(7D)

NAME
zcons - Zone console device driver DESCRIPTION
The zcons character driver exports the console for system zones. The driver is comprised of two "sides:" a master side with which applica- tions in the global zone communicate, and a slave side, which receives I/O from the master side. The slave side is available in the global zones. Applications must not depend on the location of /dev or /devices entries exported by zcons. Inside a zone, the zcons slave side is fronted by /dev/console and other console-related symbolic links, which are used by applications that expect to write to the system console. The zcons driver is Sun Private, and may change in future releases. FILES
/dev/zcons/<zonename>/masterconsole Global zone master side console for zone <zonename>. /dev/zcons/<zonename>/slaveconsole Global zone slave side console for zone <zonename>. /dev/zconsole Non-global zone console (slave side). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | Interface Stability |Sun Private | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
zoneadm(1M), zonecfg(1M), attributes(5), zones(5) SunOS 5.10 24 Aug 2003 zcons(7D)