Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Compiler considerations
Top Forums Programming Compiler considerations Post 302368330 by shamrock on Wednesday 4th of November 2009 04:01:13 PM
Old 11-04-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUser
can i print by any means(command or program) the set of processors that my compiler can generate code for?

i am using LINUX 2.4.20-8 smp on i386 machine
I dont know any command line options you can give to the compiler to figure out the supported mpus but the vendor from who you purchased it should be able to give you that information. So what compiler and version are you using.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C compiler

I'm new to C but eager to get started. I purchasewd beginning C by Ivor Horton and realise that I need a C compiler. I looking for the most appropriate and economical way to obtain this, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ferret
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xl C/C++ compiler to GCC compiler

Hi, we are converting from IBM-AIX(xl c/c++ compiler) to Linux(GCC complier). As a part of this i need to change the CFLAGS. The xl c/c++ complier CFLAGS is CFLAGS := $(CDEBUG) $(PROJECT_INCLUDE_DIRS) $(COBJECT_MODE) -qcpluscmt -qmakedep -qcheck=all \ -qalign=bit_packed $(LINT_FLAGS)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbattu1
0 Replies

3. Programming

How Can a Machine Reads a Compiler Since A Compiler is Written in Text! Not Binaries?

To make a programming language you need a compiler, so what was the first programming language and how was is created if you need the compiler first? The compiler itself is considered as a high language comparing to the machine! since the compiler is not created in 1's and 0's... Eventhough i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
12 Replies

4. AIX

XL C/C++ Compiler

Hello, I am trying to use the IBM XL C/C++ Compiler on my AIX server. I have uised smit to install it and it appears to have been successful. When I however type XlC it tells me that I am still using my old compiler which is VisualAge C++ Professional / C for AIX Compiler, Version 5. How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkranes
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cc compiler and gcc compiler

hi, can we install gcc compiler in unix based OS(sun solar,IBM AIX,HP,etc) and also can we install sun cc compiler in AIX environment and vice versa. and more ..is linux support cc compiler regards Ajay (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaysahoo
3 Replies
CDEFS(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						  CDEFS(3)

NAME
cdefs -- common definitions and macros SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/cdefs.h> DESCRIPTION
The <sys/cdefs.h> header includes some common definitions and macros typical to the C language conventions of NetBSD. Among these are: o Certain C language properties and definitions that are versioned according to the support in compilers. Examples include the __func__ keyword and the restrict type qualifier from C99. o Macros and definitions specific to compilers, preprocessors, and linkers; see __CONCAT(3), __UNCONST(3), __insn_barrier(3), and attribute(3). o Utility macros provided for convenience; see __arraycount(3) and bits(3). The header also contains the __RCSID() and __KERNEL_RCSID() macros used for version control system (VCS) identifiers. Thus, all NetBSD source code files typically include <sys/cdefs.h>, included as the first thing right after any possible copyright texts; /*- * Copyright (c) 1984 John Doe * All rights reserved. * * Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, * with or without modification, are permitted. */ #include <sys/cdefs.h> __RCSID("$NetBSD: cdefs.3,v 1.3 2011/04/08 07:55:04 jruoho Exp $"); It is possible to identify the RCS keyword strings by using ident(1). SEE ALSO
ident(1), param(3), stddef(3), types(3), c(7) HISTORY
The <sys/cdefs.h> header was originally imported from 386BSD. BSD
April 8, 2011 BSD