Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users check remote switch port speed setting Post 302365717 by marcpascual on Wednesday 28th of October 2009 12:09:25 AM
Old 10-28-2009
check remote switch port speed setting

Hi,

Someone told me how to check the remote switch port's speed setting on the other end of the cable, from linux. I forgot it.

Anyone knows? I checked dmesg, ethtool (haven't checked this out thoroughly) , no luck.

thanks,
Marc

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

determining ethernet port speed in solaris

i purchased, what was labeled as a 4-port fast ethernet sbus card from ebay. i installed it in my ultra1, and it seems to be working fine. how can i determine if the card is infact a fast ethernet card vs. the standard ethernet 4-port card? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun box's NIC speed setting

Is there a way to check if my Sun box's network interface card is set to 10 or 100 Mbps? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

network speed not tale with the port setting

Hi all, one of my Sun Box facing the problem. The network port i had set to Auto-Negotiated and i had edited the /etc/system/ file in the Sun box as below: set hme:hme_adv_autoneg_cap=1 set hme:hme_adv_100fdx_cap=0 set hme:hme_adv_100hdx_cap=0 But when i checked the /var/adm/messages/, it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AirWalker83
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Switch user :NOPASSWD setting

Hi All, I want trigger a script "abhishektest.sh "whenever a mail come to a user say "abhishek" in my unix server. I dont have root permission. So, for doing this i added abhishek : "|/export/abhishek/bin/wr_test.sh in /etc/mail/aliases in wr_test file : i need to put this line, as i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mindtee_abhi
2 Replies

5. Solaris

gigabit - fix speed/duplex on the switch ? or autoneg ?

Hi there We have a bit of a debate going here over what the prefered method is for setting 1000/Full on e1000g or nge interfaces is. As you aware the Solaris configration files for nge and e1000g dont allow you to "fix" 1000/Full but instead allow you to set auto-negotiate to ON but only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

how to check remote server port listening from application.

Hi, I have an application running on HP-UX, from this application I need to findout if the port number. lets say 7890,7891, 7892 are listening on the remote server running on HP-UX. Is there any way of doing it using "system()" function or any other? I noticed that nmap, netcat are not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: einsteinBrain
0 Replies

7. AIX

Switch Port Becoming Private & restricting access

Hello folks, I have an AIX server that is connected to a storage array via a Brocade switch using 4 ports from either side. The zoning is done such that there are 4 paths visible from the server to the storage. My work involves frequent disabling or enabling the switch ports that are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nkiran
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check port 2222 is open on a remote host

I am able to connect to a remote host using the legacy IP and port 2222. Today the remote has a new IP I am unable to connect. How to check if the remote host is blocking or if its my server is unable to connect. Err Msg : telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused Err... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITDev01
5 Replies

9. Linux

Connect from USB to serial port of switch

I have someone wanting to connect to the serial management port of a switch from a PC running CentOS6. The management port on the switch is apparently baud 9600, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit & no parity They have plugged in a cable to connect and the output from lsusb is:-Bus 001 Device 001: ID... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
7 Replies
scconf_transp_adap_ce(1M)				  System Administration Commands				 scconf_transp_adap_ce(1M)

NAME
scconf_transp_adap_ce - configure the ce Sun Ethernet transport adapter DESCRIPTION
Note - Beginning with the Sun Cluster 3.2 release, Sun Cluster software includes an object-oriented command set. Although Sun Cluster software still supports the original command set, Sun Cluster procedural documentation uses only the object-oriented command set. For more infor- mation about the object-oriented command set, see the Intro(1CL) man page. You can configure ce adapters as cluster transport adapters. These adapters can be used with transport types dlpi. The ce adapter is VLAN capable. A ce adapter connects to a transport switch or to another ce adapter on a different node. In either case, the connection is made through a transport cable. When a transport switch is used and the endpoints of the transport cable are configured by using scconf, scinstall, or other tools, you are asked to specify a port name on the transport switch. You can provide any port name, or accept the default, as long as the name is unique for the switch. The default is to set the port name to the node ID hosting the adapter at the other end of the cable. There are no user configurable properties for cluster transport adapters of this type. SEE ALSO
Intro(1CL), clinterconnect(1CL), clnode(1CL), scconf(1M), scinstall(1M), ce(7D) Sun Cluster 3.2 4 May 2006 scconf_transp_adap_ce(1M)