Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need help on ksh
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help on ksh Post 302365379 by gautam.shrestha on Monday 26th of October 2009 07:58:25 PM
Old 10-26-2009
Thanks fpmurphy for the clarification.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing a ksh script from another ksh script

Hi, I'm new to unix scripting.How can i call a script from another script. I have a.ksh and b.ksh .I have to call b.ksh from a.ksh after it is successfully exceuted. I tried using #!/bin/ksh -x in a.ksh and at the end i have used /path/b.ksh My problem is it is executing only a.ksh.it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

tracing a ksh script within a ksh script

I normally trace a script with the ksh -x <script name> and redirect strderr to file. But if you have a script like the examble below...... vi hairy bear=`grep bear animals` if then ksh more_animals fi If I ksh -x hairy it won't trace "more_animals" unless I put a -x in it. Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shorty
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

import var and function from ksh script to another ksh script

Ih all, i have multiples ksh scripts for crontab's unix jobs they all have same variables declarations and some similar functions i would have a only single script file to declare my variables, like: var1= "aaa" var2= "bbb" var3= "ccc" ... function ab { ...} function bc { ... }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfhurt
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with KSH

Hi, I need some help with the Ksh scripting.... I have a Script call Mail.ksh which calls Crank.ksh which calls Readdates.ksh whoch calls mindiff.ksh the output of mindiff.ksh and Readdates.ksh are wirtten to a text file... Here is how each file is called or executed... ./Mail.ksh 30... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya2340
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script to run other ksh scripts and output it to a file and/or email

Hi I am new to this Scripting process and would like to know How can i write a ksh script that will call other ksh scripts and write the output to a file and/or email. For example ------- Script ABC ------- a.ksh b.ksh c.ksh I need to call all three scripts execute them and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacifican
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference Between executing llike ./myscript.ksh and . ./myscript.ksh

Hi , What is the diffence between executing the script like ./myscript.ksh . ./myscript.ksh I have found 2 difference but could not find the reason 1. If i export a variable in myscript.ksh and execute it like . ./myscript.ksh the i can access the other scripts that are present in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: max_hammer
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

different behaviour for ksh and ksh -x

I'm getting different behaviour when executing below script in debug option. $ cat ss.ksh ff=$(pwd) echo " ff : $ff" $ ksh ss.ksh ff : /tmp $ ksh -x ss.ksh + + pwd ff= + echo ff : ff : I was getting this behaviour in my actuall script i'm able to reproduce this in simple script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luckybalaji
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh help

Hi, I have command like this with ooutput : unix>tnsping abc TNS Ping Utility for IBM/AIX RISC System/6000: Version 10.2.0.4.0 - Production on 17-AUG-2011 17:06:11 Copyright (c) 1997, 2007, Oracle. All rights reserved. Used parameter files: /opt/oracle/network/admin/sqlnet.ora ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
19 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with ksh

I have the following file: one two three four man women yes no place togo bad sleep I need to move all lines that have only two words(columns) in a separate file and the rest in a separate file... I used : for $linecont in $(cat $filename); do echo $linecont > temp line1='cat... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: daimne
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh

Hi Dears kindly I am new here ...I want to ask your help ... I want to write AWK command when enter date like 20140129 plus 9 then it gives me 20140207 I wrote below but the result was wrong #!/bin/ksh echo "please input the data:" read a if echo $a|awk '{if... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaho87
15 Replies
lssf(1M)																  lssf(1M)

NAME
lssf - list a special file SYNOPSIS
special_file ... special_file DESCRIPTION
In the first form, lists information about a special file. For each special_file name, determines the major number of the special file and whether it is block or character (using It then scans the system for the device that is associated with the special file. When the device is found, the minor number of the special file is decoded. A mnemonic description of the minor number is printed on standard output along with the hardware path (in other words, address) of the device. Mnemonics used to describe the fields are closely related to the options used with (see mksf(1M)). In the second form, displays the list of stale device special files present in selected directories under the directory. In the third form, executes a Critical Resource Analysis (CRA) on the Options recognizes the following options: Displays the Critical Resource Analysis (CRA) of Displays the stale device special files present in the directories below, which contain special files for mass storage devices. The stale device special files correspond to nodes that have an entry in the system I/O configuration files but the corresponding device is not found. The device special files can either be legacy or persistent (see intro(7)). DIAGNOSTICS
Most diagnostic messages from are self explanatory. Listed below are some messages deserving further clarification. Warnings allow to continue. Warnings There is no information about the device in the kernel. The special file is not usable. Use to remove the special file (see rmsf(1M)). The major number associated with the special file is not in the kernel. Use to add the appropriate driver to the kernel (see kcmodule(1M)). The indicated device driver or device class is not present in the kernel. An of a special file pointing to an unusable device fails. To make the device usable, the appro- priate device driver and/or device class must be added to the kernel using If the device is no longer needed, should be used to remove the special files and update the system I/O configuration files. The file is not associated with an IO device. EXAMPLES
Suppose a special file is created with the command The command then produces: Suppose a special file is created with the command The command then produces: Display stale device special files: Display Critical Resource Analysis information for /dev/disk/disk7: AUTHOR
was developed by HP. FILES
I/O system special file I/O system configuration database I/O system configuration database SEE ALSO
insf(1M), kcmodule(1M), mksf(1M), rmsf(1M), intro(7). lssf(1M)