Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: login issue in solaris5.6
Operating Systems Solaris login issue in solaris5.6 Post 302365162 by jlliagre on Monday 26th of October 2009 07:39:34 AM
Old 10-26-2009
Can you successfully run that command as root ?
Code:
su - username

Any error message ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

something simple, but i have no idea: a login issue

Hi all, I have a problem not really dramatic but realyl annoying: i've got a groups of users who logon a sunos 2.3 box via a windows telnet client (KEAI, but this is not the problem). they login as perso1 and password. It takes a very very very long time to get in. If i log on the same box... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Login Issue

Guys .. I got my user ID created in a production system of my organisation. the problem I got is my HOME directory in environment has been mis-spelt. Like: I should be logging into unix using ID: freakegs My home directory should be : /users/freakygs and echo $HOME should also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freakygs
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Login Issue

Hi, I am not able to login in the system as user.It is showing problem login as: User1 User1@10.xxx.xx.xx's password: Could not chdir to home directory /home/User1: No such file or directory Sun Microsystems Inc. SunOS 5.9 Generic May 2002 $ I have created the User1 and Its... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
8 Replies

4. Solaris

script -q not working in Solaris5.10

Hi I am using 'script' command in .login of users to record their sessions but it is displaying the messages like: Script started, file is typescript and Script done, file is typescript But I do not want these messages to be printed to user. I tried script -q for silent run to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aman23
1 Replies

5. Linux

Login issue

Hi, I have created one normal login id . When they have try to login then, They got error msg the permission denied. Please advice on this. Thanks, Mani (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo login issue

I logged in through ssh, but can't re-login as root. sudo login Arch login: root Password: Login incorrect Arch login: But I am sure my password is right. Why? But on local tty1, this works. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Login issue

Hello, I'm trying to setup my Solaris 10 servers to authenticate from a OpenLDAP server. I can get the Linux servers to authenticate from a OpenLDAP server, but not server the Solaris servers. Below I have posted some output so you can see my issue. <terminal output> -bash-3.00$ id... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitlord
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

linux login issue

Dear all, When ever i login to linux box through putty , it is taking a long time to log in .....approx 2 min Kindly let me know any reason behind this.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
3 Replies

9. Solaris

While copying files from windows to Solaris5.8 with filezilla length of the filename changed

Hello I am copying a tar from windows7 to Solaris with filezilla i could see, some characters in the name of the file get deleted. I could see only substring of the filename eg: original filename :abcdefghijklmnopqrstu.h i can see like abcdefghijklm solution to this problem is highly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Revathi R
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

SSH login issue

Dear All , recently i have configured sftp for a user for which i have done chroot. but after this , sftp is working fine . but ssh is not working when we connect to the server. When we try to ssh <user>@<server ip> , the below is the error message that we get and not able to login. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies
atq(1)							      General Commands Manual							    atq(1)

NAME
atq - Prints the queue of jobs waiting to be run SYNOPSIS
atq [-c | -n] [-q queuename] [user...] The atq command prints the queue of jobs waiting to be run at a later date. These jobs were created with the at command. OPTIONS
Sorts the queue by the time that the at command was issued. Prints only the number of files currently in the queue. Specifies the queue you want to use. DESCRIPTION
With no options, the queue is sorted in the order that the jobs are to be executed. When a privileged user invokes the atq command without specifying a username, the entire queue is displayed; if a username is specified, only those jobs belonging to the specified user are displayed. EXAMPLES
In order to look at the queue created by the at command, enter: atq If there are jobs in the queue, a message similar to the following is displayed: root.62169200.a Tue Sep 12 11:00:00 1990 The extension specifies an at job. FILES
Main cron directory. List of allowed users. List of denied users. Spool area. Queue description file for at, batch, and cron. SEE ALSO
Commands: at(1), atrm(1), cron(8) Files: queuedefs(4) atq(1)