Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users script dies prematurely and unpredictably Post 302357519 by Shazin on Wednesday 30th of September 2009 04:24:18 AM
Old 09-30-2009
Hi,

Please can you run the script in the background and provide us with the details of

Code:
vmstat 2 10

Cheers,
Shazin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why does rexec cause while loop to end prematurely?

I have the following korn shell script which reads the contents of an ascii file and performs an rexec command based on the line that was just read from the ascii file. The ascii file contains 6 lines, thus, the while loop should execute 6 times. The problem is that the rexec command within the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadove
2 Replies

2. Solaris

daemon dies, need to know why

Say I have a daemon that dies for an unknown reason. Is there a way to track its process ID to try to determine when it dies and what causes it to go away? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Silver11
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to change default route when primary gateway dies

Hello all! We have two fedora routers one at each site. What we are trying to do worked using freesco but not on fedora, i'm not very good at scripting and need a little guidence. Basicly what we are trying to do is if the primary line dies, the router will change it's routes to go through our... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: slacker
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

perl script dies altogether when I put an & after it

ignore (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hairytorus
2 Replies

5. Programming

nanosleep returns prematurely, with return value 0

Hi, I have encountered the following problem on Solaris 10: I have a thread that is asleep on nanosleep (set to 24 hours). Something that happens on another thread, causes the nanosleep to exit, even though the time has not elapsed. The returned value is 0 (so it doesn't look like it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MeMyself
1 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios escalating prematurely

We are currently using Nagios 1.3 .The issue we facing is , when a alert is in Warning state and then from Warning it moves to Critical state ,the alert is escalated directly to L2,L3 L4 escalations,here nagios assumes that the time period ,the alert was in warning state as unacknowledged time... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: apatil
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Background program exits prematurely?

Hello! I am currently attempting to build a very, very, basic program that attempts to act like a calendar for a "server." Using this program I need to have the client program connect to the server program, have the client wait for the server to respond through a socket, then exit and the server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Entelexia
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script cronjob running but dying prematurely

I have an Ubuntu machine that I'd like to update automatically. I've written an expect script to run the aptitude package manager and update my packages. Essentially it does: aptitude update && aptitude upgrade while answering "yes" at the appropriate time. It works quite nicely when run... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CluelessPerson
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Process dies when launched in system startup script

Good morning! I'm trying to add Maven to the system boot by the moment without success. Testing the operation of the script I realize that the process isn't persistent when the program is launched with the start option. ---- #Startup Script ---- #! /bin/sh # chkconfig: 345 99 1 #... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: carpannav
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Xterm dies after being idle

I am running eod8 to connect to a linux machine running carnesr==>uname -a Linux hostname 2.6.32-220.2.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Dec 13 16:21:34 EST 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux I have a script that opens up several xterms as follows: /usr/bin/xterm -geometry 150x60+0-0 -name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rcarnesiii
1 Replies
folders(1)						      General Commands Manual							folders(1)

NAME
folders - list folders and contents (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
folders [+folder] [msg] [options] OPTIONS
Lists only the name of folders, with no additional information. This is faster because the folders need not be read. Prints a list of the valid options to this command. Lists the contents of the folder-stack. No +folder argument is allowed with this option. Re-numbers mes- sages in the folders. Messages are re-numbered sequentially, and any gaps in the numbering are removed. The default operation is -nopack, which does not change the numbering in the folder. Discards the top of the folder-stack, after setting the current folder to that value. No +folder argument is allowed with this option. This corresponds to the popd operation in the C-shell; see csh(1). The -push and -pop options are mutually exclusive: the last occurrence of either one overrides any previous occurrence of the other. Pushes the current folder onto the folder-stack, and makes the +folder argument into the current folder. If +folder is not given, the current folder and the top of the folder-stack are exchanged. This corresponds to the pushd operation in the C-shell; see csh(1). The -push switch and the -pop switch are mutually exclusive: the last occurrence of either one overrides any previous occurrence of the other. Lists folders recur- sively. Information on each folder is displayed, followed by information on any sub-folders which it contains. Displays only the total number of messages and folders in your Mail directory. This option does not print any information about individual folders. It can be sup- pressed using the -nototal option. The defaults for folders are: +folder defaults to all msg defaults to none -nofast -noheader -nototal -nopack -norecurse DESCRIPTION
The folders command displays the names of your folders and the number of messages that they each contain. The folders command displays a list of all the folders in your Mail directory. The folders are sorted alphabetically, each on its own line. This is illustrated in the following example: Folder # of messages ( range ); cur msg (other files) V2.3 has 3 messages ( 1- 3). adrian has 20 messages ( 1- 20); cur= 2. brian has 16 messages ( 1- 16). chris has 12 messages ( 1- 12). copylog has 242 messages ( 1- 242); cur= 225. inbox+ has 73 messages ( 1- 127); cur= 127. int has 4 messages ( 1- 4); cur= 2 (others). jack has 17 messages ( 1- 17); cur= 17. TOTAL= 387 messages in 8 folders. The plus sign (+) after inbox indicates that it is the current folder. The information about the int folder includes the term (others). This indicates that the folder int contains files which are not messages. These files may be either sub-folders, or files that do not belong under the MH file naming scheme. The folders command is identical to the effect of using the -all option to the folder command. If you use folders with the +folder argument, it will display all the subfolders within the named folder. as shown in the following exam- ple: % folders +test Folder # of messages ( range ); cur msg (other files) test+ has 18 messages ( 1- 18); (others). test/testone has 1 message ( 1- 1). test/testtwo has no messages. TOTAL= 19 messages in 3 folders. See refile(1) for more details of sub-folders. RESTRICTIONS
MH does not allow you to have more than 100 folders at any level in your Mail directory. PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine your MH directory Folder-Protect: To set protections when creating a new folder Folder-Stack: To determine the folder stack lsproc: Program to list the contents of a folder FILES
The user profile. SEE ALSO
csh(1), folder(1), refile(1), mhpath(1) folders(1)