Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Ultrium LTO3 Tape Drive for pSeries p570 Post 302357185 by ravager on Tuesday 29th of September 2009 03:40:56 AM
Old 09-29-2009
There are many ways in which you can keep the systems in sync
1 Using Rsync Copy from one system to the other directly
This also alows cloning of directories , exports and datafiles as required
2 Backup and restore using backup tools like Netback ( network backup )
3 Depending on your databse you can migrate date using tools that come with your databse ( datagard etc... )
4 Export and import data via network
4 Tape dirves can be made avable on both system via san and then using san backup tools or even ( tapeutil )
5 GPFS
6 then Depending on your storage you may be able to use storage mirror of some sort ( metromirror , flashcopy etc..)

Hope this helps
Smilie

Last edited by ravager; 09-29-2009 at 04:46 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Ultrium Tape

Hello world I would to know the age of utrium tape ? How many time i can use one tape ???? THank you all (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mktahar
2 Replies

2. AIX

Installing 3590 tape drive to pSeries server run on AIX5.3

Brothers, I have a question on compatible issues. I have a p570 server running on AIX5.3.0.0 TL04. Recently I have received a 3590 tape drive with library and I am wonder whether I can make use of this tape drive for my normal daily backup of AIX 5.3.0.0 in p570 server. Any driver or adapter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
1 Replies

3. AIX

Mounting a USB Drive in AIX 5.3 ML 6, P570

Hi Can somebody help me know , How can i mount a USB drive in my AIX 5.3 ML6, P570 Server. This is a Bit urgent for me. Thanks in advance.. Regards Raj (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdkumarj
0 Replies

4. AIX

Tape Drive

I have tape drive in one Lpar. when i saw that time tape is in defined state. After that i deleted the tape drive using the rmdev -R command. Then fired the cfgmgr -v command. But I am not getting the tape drive. Now the drive is even not in defined state also. It is not shown the tape drive. How... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

5. AIX

can't find a LTO3 drive through SAN,pls help!

Hi,everyone the situation is: at the very beginning ,through cfgmgr i find all LTO3 drives and 9840D drives. Then, some guy changed the device id(loop id) of all the stk drives on the tape lib panel. This time, i ran the cfgmgr but got nothing. so i asked that guy to change the loop id... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zzisking
2 Replies

6. AIX

LTO3 Drive to read LTO3 tape with LTO4 content

Dear all experts, I have a LTO3 tape drive and thinking of upgrade to LTO4 drive. Before we proceed to upgrade, I have 1 question to ask. As I will use the backup tape to restore into other server (pSeries p550), I have the problem of if I backup in LTO4 tape in future, how can I restore the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
1 Replies

7. AIX

p570 seeing LTO drive but not 3582 library (smc0)

I have a p570 running AIX 5.2 ml 10. We just got in a IBM 3582 library. The library is connected directly to the lpar via fibre cable. I've installed: Atape.driver 11.7.7.0 atldd.driver 6.8.4.0 After a reboot, I can see the one tape drive: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BobSmith
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Sun E220R + HP (SCSI) LTO Ultrium Tape Drive

Hi all, this time I'd need a help from an advanced Solaris system admin :rolleyes: I attached a HP StorageWorks Ultrium 215 Tape Drives - Overview - c00059530 - HP Business Support Center to my Sun E220R and it got recognized immediately (probe-scsi-all). Now the operating system boot process... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pseudocoder
8 Replies
idevicebackup2(1)					      General Commands Manual						 idevicebackup2(1)

NAME
idevicebackup2 - Create or restore backups for devices running iOS 4 or later. SYNOPSIS
idevicebackup2 [OPTIONS] CMD [CMDOPTIONS] DIRECTORY DESCRIPTION
Create or restore backup from the current or specified directory. OPTIONS
-u, --udid UDID target specific device by its 40-digit device UDID. -s, --source UDID use backup data from device specified by UDID. -i, --interactive request passwords interactively on the command line. -d, --debug enable communication debugging. -h, --help prints usage information. COMMANDS
backup create backup for the device. restore restore last backup to the device. --system restore system files, too. --reboot reboot the system when done. --copy create a copy of backup folder before restoring. --settings restore device settings from the backup. --remove remove items which are not being restored. --password PWD supply the password of the source backup. info show details about last completed backup of device. list list files of last completed backup in CSV format. encryption on|off [PWD] enable or disable backup encryption. changepw [OLD NEW] change backup password on target device. AUTHORS
Martin Szulecki Nikias Bassen SEE ALSO
idevicebackup(1) idevicebackup2(1)