Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HEREDOC with fdisk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting HEREDOC with fdisk Post 302356762 by latenite on Sunday 27th of September 2009 01:07:58 PM
Old 09-27-2009
MAN thank you. That workzz Smilie

Still curious! Is there a way to do it with a variable that holds this "kind" (heredoc) syntax?
Code:
<<EOF
p
q
EOF

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

using fdisk

how do i know my disk partion using fdisk (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in SFTP using heredoc

Hi, I'm having heredoc to get files from ftp server. #!/bin/bash /export/opt/SCssh/3.7.1_C0/bin/sftp csi@192.168.1.100 <<GET_FILES lcd /WEBSERVER_LINK/data_logs/ ls -l pub/csidata/GeneralAppFields_8_1_Feed.out pub/csidata/CtcCatalog_7_3_3_Feed.out get... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: bheeshmaraja
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

heredoc error check

Hi, Is there any way to check the error in heredoc? Code: /export/opt/SCssh/3.7.1_C0/bin/sftp -B - csi@192.168.1.100 <<FTP lcd /WEBSERVER_LINK/data_logs/ ls pub/csidata/GeneralAppFields_8_1_Feed.out get pub/csidata/GeneralAppFields_8_1_Feed.out quit FTP Now I want to check... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bheeshmaraja
1 Replies

4. Solaris

fdisk

Hi All, fdisk -l in linux equals in fdisk option in Solaris Thanks.......... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvkarthykeyan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variables in heredoc

I currently use this message to send e-mails in a script but I would also like to save the output of this code to a file as well while preserving the variables. What's the easiest way to accomplish this? #Sending mail notification when=`/bin/date` /usr/sbin/sendmail -t >2 <<-EOM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: woodson2
2 Replies

6. BSD

OpenBSD fdisk - Linux fdisk compatibility ?

Hello, MBR partition table made by linux fdisk looks certainly not correct when printed by openbsd fdisk: Partition table created on linux (centos 6.3): # fdisk -l /dev/sdc Disk /dev/sdc: 10.7 GB, 10737418240 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 1305 cylinders Units = cylinders of 16065 *... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling sqlplus from Korn shell heredoc issue

Hi, I am facing an issue wherein some temporary files (here docs) are getting created in /tmp and are not getting deleted automatically. When i check the list of open files with below command i can see one file is getting appended continuously.(In this case /tmp/sfe7h.34p) The output is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navin_Ramdhami
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Echo multi-line string via heredoc syntax

$ cat bashtest #!/usr/local/bin/bash echo <<<"EOF" line1 line2 line3 EOF $ ./bashtest ./bashtest: line 3: line1: command not found ./bashtest: line 4: line2: command not found ./bashtest: line 5: line3: command not found ./bashtest: line 6: EOF: command not found What am i doing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How To Concatenate Two Commands in script using heredoc?

Hello, I am trying to place two commands in heredoc below is the snippet if ;then actionOnTux="$actVerb" else actionOnTux="$actVerb" fi echo "Performing ACTION: $action on $tux@$srv .....\n" if ; then ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kataria.anand
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Information on heredoc

Hi , I am using ksh on Aix 7.1 and found the below code in a script which is a bit confusing to me, any help will be appreciated <<comments put ${pathforfiles}/${ftpfilename} put ${logs}/${filename}.sch put ${logs}/${filename}.tgr comments I have searched for information on heredoc but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zulfi123786
2 Replies
MAN(1)							      General Commands Manual							    MAN(1)

NAME
man - print sections of this manual SYNOPSIS
man [ option ... ] [ chapter ] title ... DESCRIPTION
Man locates and prints the section of this manual named title in the specified chapter. (In this context, the word `page' is often used as a synonym for `section'.) The title is entered in lower case. The chapter number does not need a letter suffix. If no chapter is speci- fied, the whole manual is searched for title and all occurrences of it are printed. Options and their meanings are: -t Phototypeset the section using troff(1). -n Print the section on the standard output using nroff(1). -k Display the output on a Tektronix 4014 terminal using troff(1) and tc(1). -e Appended or prefixed to any of the above causes the manual section to be preprocessed by neqn or eqn(1); -e alone means -te. -w Print the path names of the manual sections, but do not print the sections themselves. (default) Copy an already formatted manual section to the terminal, or, if none is available, act as -n. It may be necessary to use a filter to adapt the output to the particular terminal's characteristics. Further options, e.g. to specify the kind of terminal you have, are passed on to troff(1) or nroff. Options and chapter may be changed before each title. For example: man man would reproduce this section, as well as any other sections named man that may exist in other chapters of the manual, e.g. man(7). FILES
/usr/man/man?/* /usr/man/cat?/* SEE ALSO
nroff(1), eqn(1), tc(1), man(7) BUGS
The manual is supposed to be reproducible either on a phototypesetter or on a terminal. However, on a terminal some information is neces- sarily lost. MAN(1)