Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting vpn connect/disconnect shell script Post 302356199 by renuka on Friday 25th of September 2009 12:29:25 AM
Old 09-25-2009
Hi chakrapani,

here is the output of the script, i added -x in the first line of the script .e.m #!/bin/bash

[root@mx1 sbin]# ./partner-vpn.sh
+ VPNLOG=/var/log/vpncon.log
+ MONLOG=/var/log/monscrpt.log
+ STATUSFILE=/var/log/VPNSTATUS
+ EMAILTO=rashmi_pawar@monitor.com
+ nmap -P0 -p25 197.7.7.29
+ cat /var/log/vpncon.log
+ grep -qi open /var/log/vpncon.log
+ echo 'Partner VPN OK '
+ laststatus UP
+ grep UP /var/log/VPNSTATUS
+ exit 1
+ echo UP

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connect over ssh, start something, disconnect

i'm connecting with ssh from a windows pc to a linux system. i want to start e.g. a download and close my session afterwards. how do i do this without killing the download? thx in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sTorm
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect two servers in shell script

Hello all, I know that is a question which has made too many times, and I have been looking into the threads but all posted was not sucessfully for me so... I need a shell script which connect two unix servers, but NOT using ssh... Is there another way to do it? I've tried ssh but it didn't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Geller
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to oracle db using shell script

Hi, I want to connect to oracle db using unix shell script. And i want to retrieve data from db through shell script. Please help me as soon as possible. Thanks, J.P. Das (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyotidas
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Ubuntu 10.04 - Unable to connect to Cisco VPN

Hi all, I am trying to configure and connect Cisco VPN on Ubuntu 10.04. I've imported .pcf file. The new vpn conn appears in the VPN Connections option. Now when I select it, it doesn't connect. Nothing happens. I am not able to connect to VPN at all. I tried using kvpnc as well but it... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: morningSunshine
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

connect to db2 using shell script

Guys, I am trying to write a shell script that connect to wcsprod database and read the query #!/bin/ksh sqlplus -s < connect to wcsprod user wcsadm using pwd > select * from catentry fetch first 1 row only with ur; databse: wcsprod user: wcsadm pwd: pwd thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skatpally
1 Replies

6. AIX

Help Me - AIX server connect to a VPN network

Hi, I have a task requested by my boss to create a script to enable a server to connect to a vpn network and then to connect to another server to upload some data... How can I connect to a vpn network from AIX server? via telnet? ssh? I have tried to google but mostly the answers are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mushr00m
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect once db disconnect after all execution

Hi All, Please see the below code. it is working fine when in 'test_file' have only one emplid. test_file contains only emplid and date, like below ... 0000221|1/12/2003 0000223|1/1/1996 Problem :- when test_file contains more then one records(emplids) it is not giving any errors... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to connect from one server to other

Dear Experts, I am new to the shell scripting. I am looking for a shell script to connect to one Unix/Linux server1 to other Unix/Linux server2 and trigger a SAP Event in that server2 (Which will trigger a job in SAP). Is this possible to connect from one server to the other server securely... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venu V Reddy
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to connect

hello i try to made a report to conect all database to diferent OS HP-UX/LINUX/SOLARIS/AIX this is my example i have 5 db OS are HP-UX ps -fea | grep pmon root 1120 1 0 Nov 29 ? 5:14 ipmon -sD oracle 10286 1 0 Nov 29 ? 27:19 ora_pmon_BD1 oracle 10431... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ceciaide
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trigger the execution of a script on SFTP Disconnect

Hi Guys, I suspect what I'm trying to do isn't possible, but I'm hoping someone can either confirm this or point me in the right direction. We have a third-party application which transfers a collection of files to our SFTP server ( Ubuntu 12.04 with OpenSSH ) . Once the app disconnects, we... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamesdrinkwater
13 Replies
nislog(1M)                                                System Administration Commands                                                nislog(1M)

NAME
nislog - display the contents of the NIS+ transaction log SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/nislog [-h num | -t num] [-v] [directory...] DESCRIPTION
nislog displays the contents of the NIS+ server transaction log on the standard output. This command can be used to track changes in the namespace. The /var/nis/trans.log file contains the transaction log maintained by the NIS+ server. When updates occur, they are logged to this file and then propagated to replicas as log transactions. When the log is checkpointed, updates that have been propagated to the replicas are removed. The nislog command can only be run on an NIS+ server by superuser. It displays the log entries for that server only. If directory is not specified, the entire log is searched. Otherwise, only those logs entries that correspond to the specified directories are displayed. OPTIONS
-h num Display num transactions from the ``head'' of the log. If the numeric parameter is 0, only the log header is displayed. -t num Display num transactions from the ``tail'' of the log. If the numeric parameter is 0, only the log header is displayed. -v Verbose mode. FILES
/var/nis/trans.log transaction log ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nis+(1), rpc.nisd(1M), nisfiles(4), attributes(5) NOTES
NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the SolarisTM Operating Environment. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the Solaris 9 operating environment. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. SunOS 5.10 12 Dec 2001 nislog(1M)