Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: send: spawn id exp3 not open
Operating Systems AIX send: spawn id exp3 not open Post 302355309 by garethr on Tuesday 22nd of September 2009 09:53:50 AM
Old 09-22-2009
Looks like you're using "expect". I think we'll have to see the relevant part of your script if you want any useful feedback. (Also not sure if this is AIX-related.)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

spawn: not found

Hi, I'm very new to UNIX. I need to FTP a file to a remote host. It happens through a port 2222.I need to automate the process as the SCP command prompts for a password. 1) The regular ftp, tells me that the connection is refused 2) The sftp login@remotehost gives me... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy.cog
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to open program and send/execute command in program

Hi, i want to write a script that executes a program (exec?) . this program then requires a filename as input. how do i give it this input in the script so the program will be complete run and close by the script. e.g. exec prog.exe program then asks for filename "enter filename:"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tuathan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

howto use a for(( exp1; [ test exp2 ]; exp3 )); construct

Hi, I am fairly novice at bash but not bad at C and so wondered if a for loop could be done as shown below:#!/bin/sh echo "Enter some strings , terminate with a single 'x':"; REPLY=; #I am trying to replace this with a arithmetic for statement: j=0; while ; do ((j++)); # My logic: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HowardL
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Spawn Not Found

I need to run the spawn command but when I typed it in, I got "ksh: spawn: not found". So, I downloaded spawn-fcgi but it required to be compiled first. The compile failed when I tried it. I need a copy that's ready to be used. Unix system info: OS: Sun Solaris 2.8 Shell: ksh Does... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: april
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

can i send shell commands to a open window

i want to write a script that automatically fills in a form and pushes a few buttons. can i do that with bash or something similar? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magiling
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

spawn() Vs. fork()

what is diffenrence between spawn and fork ? "fork() system call spawns the processess" what is mean by this sentence. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anandgodse
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script error : send: spawn id exp4 not open

Hi, I am executing a expect script in while loop for doing telnet on list of servers stored in file as below : expect script : #!/usr/bin/expect -f set timeout 20 set ip set port if { == 0} { send_user "Usage: scriptname ip port\n" exit 1 } #exp_internal 1 log_user 0 spawn... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" { send "sudo su -\r" }"

Hi All, i am trying to ssh to a remote machine and execute certain command to remote machine through script. i am able to ssh but after its getting hung at the promt and after pressing ctrl +d i am gettin the out put as expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" {... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddharth shivh
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Couldn't read packet: Connection reset by peer send: spawn id exp4 not open while executing

Hi All, I am having an issue with my script which I am using to get files from a remote server. In my script I am going to server:- REMOTESERVER and directory:- /Interface/Upload, and then getting files from there to my local server directory:- /ftp/jail_nextview_LMS/home/nextview_LMS/outbox. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hero6438
1 Replies
gst-feedback-0.8(1)						   User Commands					       gst-feedback-0.8(1)

NAME
       gst-feedback-0.8, gst-feedback - generate debug information for GStreamer bug reports

SYNOPSIS
       gst-feedback-0.8

gst-feedback [--gst-list-mm] [--gst-mm=string] [--print]

DESCRIPTION
       gst-feedback-0.8  scans	the system for various types of information that is useful to GStreamer developers to help diagnose user problems.
       Depending on the type of bug report, it might be useful to attach gst-feedback output when you contact the developers.

Note: The current version of this script scans many directories: /usr/lib, /usr/local/lib,  /home,  /usr/include,  /usr/local/include,  and
       /home (again) for various GStreamer installations. Depending on your system, you might not want to do this.

Note:  gst-feedback-0.8	dumps  a  lot of information about a system.  Some of this information might be considered sensitive. If this is a
       concern, review the information before posting to a public forum such as the GStreamer bug tracking system.

gst-feedback is a wrapper script that runs the latest installed version of gst-feedback-X.X. For example, if both gst-feedback-0.7 and gst-
       feedback-0.8 are installed on your system, gst-feedback runs gst-feedback-0.8.

OPTIONS
       The following options are supported by gst-feedback only:

--gst-list-mm   List found major/minor versions. This option displays the versions that are available.

--gst-mm=string Force  major/minor  version.  This  option  enables you to specify a specific version to run, if you do not want to run the
		       default version.

--print	       Print wrapped command line. This option displays the command that will be run, and then runs the command.

EXAMPLES
       Example 1: Generating Feedback Information

example% gst-feedback-0.8

Example 2: Generating Feedback Information and Redirecting Output and Errors to a File

example% gst-feedback-0.8 &> myfeedback

Example 3: Running the Wrapper Script and Displaying the Command Name

example% gst-feedback --print
       /usr/bin/gst-feedback-0.8

FILES
       The following files are used by this application:

/usr/bin/gst-feedback-0.Executable to generate debug info for GStreamer bug reports

/usr/bin/gst-feedback   Wrapper script that runs the latest installed version of gst-feedback-X.X

ATTRIBUTES
       See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes:

+-----------------------------+-----------------------------+
       |      ATTRIBUTE TYPE	     |	    ATTRIBUTE VALUE	   |
       |Availability		     |SUNWgnome-media		   |
       |Interface stability	     |External			   |

SEE ALSO
       gst-complete(1), gst-compprep(1), gst-inspect(1), gst-launch(1), gst-launch-ext(1), gst-md5sum(1), gst-register(1), gst-thumbnail(1),  gst-
       typefind(1), gst-xmlinspect(1), gst-xmllaunch(1), gstreamer-properties(1), libgstreamer-0.8(3), libgstgetbits(3)

NOTES
       Original man page written by the GStreamer team at http://gstreamer.net/.

Updated by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004.

SunOS 5.10							    14 Oct 2004 					       gst-feedback-0.8(1)