Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: send: spawn id exp3 not open
Operating Systems AIX send: spawn id exp3 not open Post 302355308 by groosha on Tuesday 22nd of September 2009 09:50:58 AM
Old 09-22-2009
send: spawn id exp3 not open

Hi,

AIX 5.3

Trying to implement script that change oracle password. Getting following errors:

send: spawn id exp3 not open
while executing
"send "xxx\r"

Any idea?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

spawn: not found

Hi, I'm very new to UNIX. I need to FTP a file to a remote host. It happens through a port 2222.I need to automate the process as the SCP command prompts for a password. 1) The regular ftp, tells me that the connection is refused 2) The sftp login@remotehost gives me... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy.cog
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to open program and send/execute command in program

Hi, i want to write a script that executes a program (exec?) . this program then requires a filename as input. how do i give it this input in the script so the program will be complete run and close by the script. e.g. exec prog.exe program then asks for filename "enter filename:"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tuathan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

howto use a for(( exp1; [ test exp2 ]; exp3 )); construct

Hi, I am fairly novice at bash but not bad at C and so wondered if a for loop could be done as shown below:#!/bin/sh echo "Enter some strings , terminate with a single 'x':"; REPLY=; #I am trying to replace this with a arithmetic for statement: j=0; while ; do ((j++)); # My logic: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HowardL
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Spawn Not Found

I need to run the spawn command but when I typed it in, I got "ksh: spawn: not found". So, I downloaded spawn-fcgi but it required to be compiled first. The compile failed when I tried it. I need a copy that's ready to be used. Unix system info: OS: Sun Solaris 2.8 Shell: ksh Does... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: april
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

can i send shell commands to a open window

i want to write a script that automatically fills in a form and pushes a few buttons. can i do that with bash or something similar? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magiling
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

spawn() Vs. fork()

what is diffenrence between spawn and fork ? "fork() system call spawns the processess" what is mean by this sentence. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anandgodse
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script error : send: spawn id exp4 not open

Hi, I am executing a expect script in while loop for doing telnet on list of servers stored in file as below : expect script : #!/usr/bin/expect -f set timeout 20 set ip set port if { == 0} { send_user "Usage: scriptname ip port\n" exit 1 } #exp_internal 1 log_user 0 spawn... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" { send "sudo su -\r" }"

Hi All, i am trying to ssh to a remote machine and execute certain command to remote machine through script. i am able to ssh but after its getting hung at the promt and after pressing ctrl +d i am gettin the out put as expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" {... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddharth shivh
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Couldn't read packet: Connection reset by peer send: spawn id exp4 not open while executing

Hi All, I am having an issue with my script which I am using to get files from a remote server. In my script I am going to server:- REMOTESERVER and directory:- /Interface/Upload, and then getting files from there to my local server directory:- /ftp/jail_nextview_LMS/home/nextview_LMS/outbox. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hero6438
1 Replies
POSIX_SPAWNATTR_INIT(3) 				   BSD Library Functions Manual 				   POSIX_SPAWNATTR_INIT(3)

NAME
posix_spawnattr_init, posix_spawnattr_destroy -- initialize and destroy spawn attributes object LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <spawn.h> int posix_spawnattr_init(posix_spawnattr_t * attr); int posix_spawnattr_destroy(posix_spawnattr_t * attr); DESCRIPTION
The posix_spawnattr_init() function initializes a spawn attributes object attr with the default value for all of the individual attributes used by the implementation. Initializing an already initialized spawn attributes object may cause memory to be leaked. The posix_spawnattr_destroy() function destroys a spawn attributes object. A destroyed attr attributes object can be reinitialized using posix_spawnattr_init(). The object should not be used after it has been destroyed. A spawn attributes object is of type posix_spawnattr_t (defined in <spawn.h>) and is used to specify the inheritance of process attributes across a spawn operation. The resulting spawn attributes object (possibly modified by setting individual attribute values), is used to modify the behavior of posix_spawn() or posix_spawnp(). After a spawn attributes object has been used to spawn a process by a call to a posix_spawn() or posix_spawnp(), any function affecting the attributes object (including destruction) will not affect any process that has been spawned in this way. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, posix_spawnattr_init() and posix_spawnattr_destroy() return zero; otherwise, an error number is returned to indi- cate the error. ERRORS
The posix_spawnattr_init() function will fail if: [ENOMEM] Insufficient memory exists to initialize the spawn attributes object. SEE ALSO
posix_spawn(3), posix_spawnp(3) STANDARDS
The posix_spawnattr_init() and posix_spawnattr_destroy() functions conform to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
The posix_spawnattr_init() and posix_spawnattr_destroy() functions first appeared in FreeBSD 8.0. AUTHORS
Ed Schouten <ed@FreeBSD.org> BSD
March 24, 2008 BSD