Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Catching the termination of one script Post 302354186 by Ex-Capsa on Thursday 17th of September 2009 11:11:35 AM
Old 09-17-2009
Catching the termination of one script

Hi
I have a Shell script that needs to execute a command at the
End of the excursion of other script And I cant get a handel
On the trap command. And that is if the trap command
Is the proper way to go

this is a extract of the script

Code:
MYHOST=`hostname| cut -d. -f1`
echo $MYHOST

cd /var/powerpassword/v3.4/ppsparc_solarisV-3.4.15-1/install
exec  ./ppinstall -b $MYMASTER  $MYHOST ;
#
########################################################
# Trap the successfull completion of ppinstal
########################################################
trap ppinstall 0
ppinstall()
{
  echo "Caught Signal ... ."
  ppadmin trace > /var/tmp/`hostname`-trace-result.txt
  echo "Done  ... quitting."
  exit 1
}

Last edited by Franklin52; 09-21-2009 at 11:45 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Abnormal Termination errors

I'm having trouble with Abnormal Termination errors. What are they, what causes them and how can I prevent them from happening? Are they application specific? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bialsibub
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Child peocess termination.

Hello all, Here is the problem: A ksh script (let's call it abc.sh) gets kicked off from a menu program using "nohup abc.sh &". The process ID of abc.sh can be recieved (pid=$!). abc.sh runs an Oracle PL/SQL script (it creates a child process). In order to stop the abc.sh (and the child)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaz
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

random script termination

I'm writing a script to archive data. First, the files are all rsync'd to the archive directory via NFS mounts(I know not the most efficient, but the only choice in this situation), then I use md5sum to validate the transfers. During execution of the script, it will exit for no apparent reason. It... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mph
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash: Catching the returncode from a script and using within another script?

Hello, I want to run a bash script in another bash script, depending on the returncode or exitcode. But I don't know how to handover the returncode to the second bash script!? I tried this dummy script which should return the exit code 1 #test.sh echo "test" exit 1 But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ABE2202
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with ssh termination...

hi all, i have a situation where i run ssh command from a unix machine to execute few scripts on 2 other unix machines. my problem is, the scripts that i run will start few commands on the 2 servers and will quit....i am able to quit from the script but i have to give ctrl+c (on the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: niteesh_!7
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cat termination in script

So, I'm writing a shell script to help automate a process I'm doing. Basically I want to take input from the user for 2 variables, then create a file that consists of: Variable1,Variable2 Constant1 Constant2 .. Constant2000 then run an awk script. I'm pretty new to unix though, and so... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Parrakarry
11 Replies

7. AIX

A question about scsi termination

http://ep.yimg.com/ay/iercomputer/ibm-39j5022-ultra320-scsi-adapter-dual-channel-pci-x-fc5736-3.gif I have bought this controller. Simple and fast question: I will put on this controller a external LTO tape,which is terminated with a terminator. I have to put another terminator on PCI-controller... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script termination without pressing Enter key[nohup]

I have a script in which we have used nohup. Once script is executed it will be terminated only when enter key is pressed. I want the script to be terminated without pressing enter key nohup imqbrokerd -name user_id port 2>1 1>$home_`date` & I am a newbie to shell, Kindly please help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Suganbabu
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email alert after termination

I am running the gaussian program on UNIX with bash and I want to form a script that will email me once the output life terminates either "normal termination" or "false" I just started learning this last week so could you let me know how to go about this.:b: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jade_Michael
13 Replies
mdbFontSize(5)							 The m17n Library						    mdbFontSize(5)

NAME
mdbFontSize - Font Size DESCRIPTION
In some case, a font contains incorrect information about its size (typically in the case of a hacked TrueType font), which results in a bad text layout when such a font is used in combination with the other fonts. To overcome this problem, the m17n library loads information about font-size adjustment from the m17n database by the tags <font, resize>. The data is loaded as a plist of this format. FONT-SIZE-ADJUSTMENT ::= PER-FONT * PER-FONT ::= '(' FONT-SPEC ADJUST-RATIO ')' FONT-SPEC ::= '(' [ FOUNDRY FAMILY [ WEIGHT [ STYLE [ STRETCH [ ADSTYLE ]]]]] REGISTRY ')' ADJUST-RATIO ::= INTEGER FONT-SPEC is to specify properties of a font. FOUNDRY to REGISTRY are symbols corresponding to Mfoundry to Mregistry property of a font. See m17nFont for the meaning of each property. ADJUST-RATIO is an integer number specifying by percentage how much the font-size must be adjusted. For instance, this PER-FONT: ((devanagari-cdac) 150) instructs the font handler of the m17n library to open a font of 1.5 times bigger than a requested size on opening a font whose registry is 'devanagari-cdac'. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA) Copyright (C) 2001-2011 National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html>. Version 1.6.2 12 Jan 2011 mdbFontSize(5)