Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting special characters giving problem Post 302351770 by sam25 on Wednesday 9th of September 2009 12:08:20 PM
Old 09-09-2009
This is not working..

No value coming to Vriable.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

special characters

I have one file which is named ^? ( the DEL character ) I'd like to know how to rename or copy the file by using its i-node number TYIA (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nawnaw
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

utf-8, problem with special characters

Hi all, We are facing the following problem in our HP-UX machine: software that manipulates utf-8 encoded strings (e.g. during string cut), fails to correctly manipulate strings (all containing Greek characters) that contain special characters like @, &, # etc. Actually, in different... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alina
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special characters

When I open a file in vi, I see the following characters: \302\240 Can someone explain what these characters mean. Is it ASCII format? I need to trim those characters from a file. I am doing the following: tr -d '\302\240' ---------- Post updated at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sid1982
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to see special characters?

Hi all, I was wondering how can i see the special characters like \t, \n or anything else in a file by using Nano or any other linux command like less, more etc (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvj
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

special characters

Hey guys, I'm trying to replace "]Facebook" from the text but sed 's/]Facebook/Johan/g' is not working could you please help me with that? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johanni
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace special characters with Escape characters?

i need to replace the any special characters with escape characters like below. test!=123-> test\!\=123 !@#$%^&*()-= to be replaced by \!\@\#\$\%\^\&\*\(\)\-\= (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to tail file; problem with awk and special characters

Trying to use code that I found to send only new lines out of a log file by doing: while :; do temp=$(tail -1 logfile.out) awk "/$last/{p=1}p" logfile.out #pipe this to log analyzer program last="$temp" sleep 10 done Script works fine when logfile is basic text, but when it contains... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moo72moo
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script is giving different resultControlled Special Account [csdwmast@ucdoud01.am.sony.com

Hi All, In this below script i am not able to find where is "form mail id" is taking when this script is executing i am getting "Controlled Special Account " as from ,i need to send "form mail id " from a table.:mad: kindly help me plzz. Regards, Krupa (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Special characters in file

Hi, I am facing a below problem. Inorder to mak sure the below file is fixed width i am using the following command awk '{printf("%-375s\n", $0) } so as to add trailing spaces at the end for records of length less than 375. Input file > inp.txt 1©1234 1234 123©1 The output file is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcus_kosaman
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with special characters....

grep -i "$line,$opline" COMBO_JUNK|awk -F, ' { C4+=$4 } { } END { print C4 } ' OFS=,` when i run this command in the script.... it o/p all the value as 0 if $line contains any special parameters..... but the same script if i run in command prompt... it shows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
4 Replies
NODE.PERMS(5)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						     NODE.PERMS(5)

NAME
node.perms - LinuxNode permissions file. DESCRIPTION
Node.perms file is read at program startup with the knowledge of users username (call), connection type (AX.25, NET/ROM, ROSE, TCP/IP), peers IP address (for TCP/IP) and port name (for AX.25). The first entry matching this information is taken and user is asked for password and given permissions according to it. The lines within node.perms must either be a comment line, which starts with a # in the first column, or a permission entry in the follow- ing format, each field being delimited by white space: username type portname password permissions The field descriptions are: username This is matched against users username (call) without SSID. An asterisk (*) matches any username. type This is matched against the type of the connection to user. Possible values for this field are: * matches any type of connection. ax25 matches users coming in with AX.25. netrom matches users coming in with NET/ROM. rose matches users coming in with ROSE. local matches TCP/IP connections where users host is in "local" network as defined in node.conf(5). ampr matches TCP/IP connections where users host is in amprnet (44.0.0.0/8). inet matches TCP/IP connections where users host is neither in "local" network nor in amprnet. host matches users starting LinuxNode from shell. portname If user is coming in with AX.25 this field is matched against the local port name the user is coming in via. An asterisk (*) matches any port name. password If the previous tree fields match and this field is not a single asterisk (*) the user is asked for a password. The password is then matched against this field. permissions This field represents a a bitmask of operations the user is permitted to do. It is a sum of the values listed here: 1 permits logging in even if no other permissions are given. 2 permits outgoing AX.25 connects. 4 permits outgoing NET/ROM connects. 8 permits telneting to hosts in the "local" network as defined in node.conf(5). 16 permits telneting to hosts in amprnet. 32 permits telneting to hosts neither in the "local" network nor in amprnet. 64 permits using hidden ports in outgoing AX.25 connections. (See HiddenPorts command in node.conf(5).) 128 permits outgoing ROSE connects. 256 The no-escape flag. Disables the escape mechanism for this user. FILES
/etc/ax25/node.perms SEE ALSO
node(8), node.conf(5), axports(5), ax25(4). Linux 16 June 1999 NODE.PERMS(5)