Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development I can't change the permissinos Post 302351637 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 9th of September 2009 07:06:06 AM
Old 09-09-2009
try chmod ..... no "SITE"

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Change IP

hello How can i change the ip address on my solaris sun 9 server ? thank you (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

change wc -l

Hi, I would like realize a script that it can change " wc -l" with "wc -l | sed 's/ //g'", but my problem is that i can have a pipe ,a variable ( many variable different) or a file after wc -l ?how i could test this several case ? wc -l | cut -d' ' -f1` if wc -l ${F} | awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: francis_tom
1 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

change

bh,lg.yu.,fgh,ry,.tyl,tyk,ty,ty,ty,. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankycool
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh; Change file permissions, update file, change permissions back?

Hi, I am creating a ksh script to search for a string of text inside files within a directory tree. Some of these file are going to be read/execute only. I know to use chmod to change the permissions of the file, but I want to preserve the original permissions after writing to the file. How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
7 Replies

7. SCO

How to change raid controller driver ? (hardware change)

Hello I'm trying to virtualize an instance of Sco Unix 5.0.5 in VirtualBox (called VM-A) , but sco I have problems set to launch with the new raid controller . The physical machine has a raid controller adaptec (alad driver) but VirtualBox uses buslogic (blc driver) What ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flako
3 Replies
ftpgroups(4)															      ftpgroups(4)

NAME
ftpgroups - FTP Server enhanced group access file SYNOPSIS
/etc/ftpd/ftpgroups The ftpgroups file contains the enhanced group access information. After login, if the ftpaccess(4) file includes private yes, the user may use the SITE GROUP and SITE GPASS commands to specify an enhanced access group and a password for that group. If the access group name and password are valid, the FTP Server executes setegid(2) to make the user a member of the real group listed in the ftpgroups file. The format for the ftpgroups file is: accessgroup:encrypted_password:real_group_name The fields are defined as follows: accessgroup An arbitrary string of alphanumeric and punctuation characters. encrypted_password The group password encrypted exactly like in /etc/shadow. real_group_name The name of a valid group returned by getgrnam(3C). The privatepw utility is an administrative tool to add, delete and list enhanced access group information in the ftpgroups file. See pri- vatepw(1M). Lines that begin with a # sign are treated as comment lines and are ignored. /etc/ftpd/ftpgroups /etc/ftpd/ftpaccess See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ in.ftpd(1M), privatepw(1M), setegid(2), getgrnam(3C), ftpaccess(4), group(4), shadow(4), attributes(5) 1 May 2003 ftpgroups(4)