Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris SUNWsmbau patches and diskless clients Post 302351083 by caddyjoe77 on Monday 7th of September 2009 05:41:49 AM
Old 09-07-2009
I did the patchrm because my version was patched so i wanted to remove any patches that had possibly affected using the smosservice command.

I believe i found the issue, the patch list that i generated between a server that works with no questions asked is one patch difference. I dont have the patch number details at this point as they are not sitting in front of me.

I determined this through a showrev -p. Interestingly enough, the Solaris release that i was using was 0905 and the server that works is 1008. There is one patch difference between the two. So i downloaded the 1008 and will be rebuilding the server. I tried to remove the different patch, but since there was no backout directory, i couldnt as it was bundled with the 0905 release.

unless someone knows how to remove a patch that is bundled, i am going to rebuild the server.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How To setup a Diskless Swap System.

This is a guide for setting up your computer with a fast swap system using usb memory sticks. A detailed study of the theories behind this setup can be found here. While this How-To does not include the CFLRU replacement algorithm, it does show the performance benefits of using NAND flash memory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johnny_Thumbs
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Benchmarking a new Solaris, with four different clients

Good morning, for the impatient: I have a new backup-server and need to monitor, what the machine can do, what's the best way of finding that out? I will tell the story right from the beginning, so you have a clue about what's going on: I have a setup of three machines: A new... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: PatrickBaer
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PXE diskless boot fails

Hi, I am trying to setup a server for a diskless boot of a computer class (with ubuntu) I followed the guidelines in https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DisklessUbuntuHowto I have two computers: one is the server I installed and the other is my macbook on which I run a virtual machine... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yotamhc
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Jumpstart Multiple Clients

We have a WAN boot jumpstart server which works fine .. we have a requirement wherein we would require to jumpstart multiple sparc servers simultaneously, Whats the way .. so that we do not have to wait for a cleint to complete the installation before starting with another server. Any help would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Diskless RedHat from a SPARC server

Hi all having a problem getting the redhat image to actually start loding and i receive a TFTP:Access Denied error after the redhat diskless machine grabs an IP from the solaris server which has a small scope set up on it. Here is what I did: used 2 redhat machines and rsync'd a to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: caddyjoe77
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

who am i showing clients hostname not ip?

i have two solaris 7 machines, host1 and host2 - host2 was "created" from host1 by using ufsdump/ufsrestore. on host1 > who am i user1 pts/175 Aug 8 11:22 (192.23.128.12) on host2 > who am i user1 pts/4 Aug 8 11:19 (coscwm5643_w764.xxx.mmmm.com) what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbaskett
2 Replies

7. Fedora

NTP Clients not sync

hi guys I have several Red Hat 5.7(7) all of them sync time with two NTP Servers based on Windows but the issue is I configure the NTP service, I start the ntp service and use ntpdate -u to set the time the first time This is what I do 1. Configure /etc/ntp.conf restrict default kod... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to remove clients

I have a list of clients $ cat clientlist client1 client2 client3 client4 I need a script to read these clients from a file and list the contanining policies for each client ( one client may belong to more than one policy), then I'd like to remove the client from all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
2 Replies

9. AIX

List of Installed patches for AIX from given set of patches

I need to find out list of installed patches from given list of patches. I have tried using instfix -f <File containing list of patches> -i -c But I was not able to understand the output of this command. It was like below. bos.perf.tools: :0.0.0.0:?: bos.rte.libc: :0.0.0.0:?: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saurabh Agrawal
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

RHEL6 Diskless Remote boot fail

Hi guys, I've been trying to set up a server for disk-less booting of remote machines on a network. The server host OS is RHEL6 and I have configured dhcp, tftp and nfs services which are proven to be working since I am able to install RHEL6 through pxe boot. Now I want it to serve for disk-less... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aninmuk
0 Replies
GIT-QUILTIMPORT(1)						    Git Manual							GIT-QUILTIMPORT(1)

NAME
git-quiltimport - Applies a quilt patchset onto the current branch SYNOPSIS
git quiltimport [--dry-run | -n] [--author <author>] [--patches <dir>] DESCRIPTION
Applies a quilt patchset onto the current Git branch, preserving the patch boundaries, patch order, and patch descriptions present in the quilt patchset. For each patch the code attempts to extract the author from the patch description. If that fails it falls back to the author specified with --author. If the --author flag was not given the patch description is displayed and the user is asked to interactively enter the author of the patch. If a subject is not found in the patch description the patch name is preserved as the 1 line subject in the Git description. OPTIONS
-n, --dry-run Walk through the patches in the series and warn if we cannot find all of the necessary information to commit a patch. At the time of this writing only missing author information is warned about. --author Author Name <Author Email> The author name and email address to use when no author information can be found in the patch description. --patches <dir> The directory to find the quilt patches and the quilt series file. The default for the patch directory is patches or the value of the $QUILT_PATCHES environment variable. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.5.3 01/14/2014 GIT-QUILTIMPORT(1)