Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers I/O performance in HPUX file systems Post 302351062 by Davinzy on Monday 7th of September 2009 03:17:33 AM
Old 09-07-2009
HI Tony,

thank you very much for your reply, we are using ISAM to read data and there are many processors reading data.
Our system stores thousands of files in that file system which are having millions of records. And out processors read and write data frequently to that location.

no backing up of files needed, system will automatically purge files after file retention period .

how can I check how many physical volumes are there ?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking file systems

I am trying to resurrect an old UNIX server without any joy, I do not have much UNIX experience any I don't understand the messages I am receiving. The system is telling me that it cannot go multi - user until the following file systems are checked //dev/rroot It gives me the procedure 1)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ianie
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File systems...

Hello guys, I am new in Unix world. I would like know, how Can I check which type of file system (GPFS, JFS) is on the AIX server. I have AIX 5.1. Could you anyone advice me? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sokratis
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to Use CPUs on a HPUX server to simulate Workload Manager on HPUX.

I am running HPUX and using WLM (workload manager). I want to write a script to fork CPUs to basically take CPUs from other servers to show that the communication is working and CPU licensing is working. Basically, I want to build a script that will use up CPU on a server. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
2 Replies

4. SCO

file systems table

hi Where is file systems table stored, I mean which config file from SCO 5.0.6? On linux is in /etc/fstab. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccc
1 Replies

5. AIX

volume group lun sizes and no of file systems for optimal performance

Hello, It's been a while since I've done AIX..., but I'm planning a new TSM on AIX disk-only backup solution. I'm planning to make an AIX volume group out of 40 luns of 1 TB. I'm planning to create one big file system on here. The purpose for this is to use this as a device class FILE for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: smashingpumpkin
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get timestamp of a file in HPUX

Hi All, Am trying to get a command which gives the "date + time" that a file was edited. I cant use "ls -l" because it fails to get me the "time stamp" of files that were edited more than 6 months ago...commands like "stat" "ctime" etc aren't available on my server and I can't install them... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: n_rajitr
12 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

From Systems Admin to Systems Eng.

I have been wondering how do Systems Administrators do the jump into Systems Engineering? Is it only a matter of time and experience or could I actually help myself get there? Opinions? Books I could read? Thanks a lot for your help! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: svalenciatech
0 Replies

8. HP-UX

pwage-hpux-T for Trusted HPUX servers

I'm sharing this in case anybody needs it. Modified from the original solaris pwage script. This modified hpux script will check /etc/password file on hpux trusted systems search /tcb and grep the required u_succhg field. Calculate days to expiry and notify users via email. original solaris... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
2 Replies
GET_NPROCS(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						     GET_NPROCS(3)

NAME
get_nprocs, get_nprocs_conf - get number of processors SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/sysinfo.h> int get_nprocs(void); int get_nprocs_conf(void); DESCRIPTION
The function get_nprocs_conf() returns the number of processors configured by the operating system. The function get_nprocs() returns the number of processors currently available in the system. This may be less than the number returned by get_nprocs_conf() because processors may be offline (e.g., on hotpluggable systems). RETURN VALUE
As given in DESCRIPTION. CONFORMING TO
These functions are GNU extensions. NOTES
The current implementation of these functions is rather expensive, since they open and parse files in the /sys file system each time they are called. The following sysconf(3) calls make use of the functions documented on this page to return the same information. np = sysconf(_SC_NPROCESSORS_CONF); /* processors configured */ np = sysconf(_SC_NPROCESSORS_ONLN); /* processors available */ EXAMPLE
The following example shows how get_nprocs() and get_nprocs_conf() can be used. #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/sysinfo.h> int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { printf("This system has %d processors configured and " "%d processors available. ", get_nprocs_conf(), get_nprocs()); return 0; } COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.44 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2012-03-20 GET_NPROCS(3)