Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Switching hosts and paths
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Switching hosts and paths Post 302350288 by cyberfrog on Thursday 3rd of September 2009 10:52:44 AM
Old 09-03-2009
Switching hosts and paths

Hi all,

Currently I work with two different hosts, one linux and one hp unix but with two separate versions of java installed (for a reason). The problem is: within the PATH there is already a /bin/java version installed i.e. when I do a printenv PATH it lists it as you'd expect. When I use host1 lets say this is fine, but when I do a ssh host2 -X command, it still inherits the same path. Therefore, even if I add this other path within my .kshrc file, it still inherits the other. How do I make sure the correct java path is inherited when I switch between two different hosts?

Thanks

CF

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

paths

Hi there! People, i'm a new unix user, and i'm having some problems... I'm updating some scripts (korn shell) in different servers. I use telnet to access these servers and emacs to write the scripts. One of them is an HP, and thereīs no problem. But the other one is an AIX, and when i call... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: caiohn
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

switching shells??

Hi How can i switch shells on linux and freebsd? i tried changing the passwd file and restarted the computer but i still get the same old shell. anybody has the answer? thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xNYx
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hosts.allow & hosts.deny

Hi! Im trying to use host.allow & host.deny to resrtic access to my sun machine, but it doesnt seem to work... I want to allow full access from certain IPīs (ssh,http,ftp,etc...) but deny all kind of conections from outsideworld, the way that im doing that is: hosts.allow ALL:127.0.0.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sorrento
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hosts.allow and hosts.deny

Hello everyone, This is my first posts and I did search for a questions but did not find a question that answered my question unless of course I overlooked it. I'm running Solaris 8. I use ssh for the users but I have a user called "chatterbox" that uses telnet but I need for chatterbox to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: huddlestonsnk
1 Replies

5. AIX

switching users

Hi All, I used to know a comand that you could log in as another user from root, if you didn't know the password for the account. Can anyone let me know what it is? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: banchee
2 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

vt switching

greetings, i hope this hasn't been covered previously. has anyone heard of a .kext or daemon that would allow linux or (open)solaris-like vt switching? googling didn't help much.. i know os x allows a '>console' login from loginwindow.app, but i'm mainly interested in this because there are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bamdad
0 Replies

7. Solaris

The switching in the different AP's

HI, I am using the windows 2003 server R2 in there we are using the putty as to access the different AP's now from the primary AP i want to login to several different AP's using a script what the script will do is :- input a text file in which list of different ap's and the corresponding... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amiglani
0 Replies

8. AIX

aix tcp wrappers hosts.allow hosts.deny?

hi all just installed the netsec.options.tcpwrapper from expansion pack, which used to be a rpm, for my aix 6.1 test box. it is so unpredictable. i set up the hosts.deny as suggested for all and allow the sshd for specific ip addresses/hostnames. the tcpdchk says the hosts allowed and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wf201626
0 Replies

9. Programming

Switching over to C++

Hi, We've been using a perl script to extract datas from several logs to generate a report. I've been asked to rewrite the code in C++. I want to know if it is wise to have a code in C++ and will it be more faster than Perl? (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ribosome
23 Replies

10. Solaris

How to copy a tar file on a series of remote hosts and untar it on those hosts?

Am trying to copy a tar file onto a series of remote hosts and untar it at the destination. Need to do this without having to do multiple ssh. Actions to perform within a single ssh session via shell script - copy a file - untar at destination (remote host) OS : Linux RHEL6 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
3 Replies
AIRPORT-HOSTMON(1)					      General Commands Manual						AIRPORT-HOSTMON(1)

NAME
airport-hostmon - Host monitor for the original Apple AirPort Base Station ("Graphite"), the Lucent RG-1000 base station and the Apple Air- Port Extreme Base Station SYNOPSIS
airport-hostmon DESCRIPTION
airport-hostmon allows you to monitor the wireless hosts associated to your base station. OPTIONS
airport-hostmon accepts no command-line options. airport-hostmon is a wrapper script around the HostMonitor.jar jar file located in /usr/share/java/airport-utils. You can set the JAVACMD environment variable to use a specific JVM instead of the one chosen by the wrapper script. Set the DEBUG environ- ment variable to 1 to get the debug output from the wrapper script. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
DEBUG Set this variable to 1 to get the debug output from the wrapper script. JAVACMD The full path to the Java Virtual Machine to use. By default, the wrapper uses JAVACMD; if it is not set, it looks for JAVA_BINDIR/java, then for JAVA_HOME/bin/java before looking for a java executable in the PATH. In the latter case, the JVM used can be configured using the Debian alternatives system (see update-alternatives(8)). JAVA_HOME The full path where your JDK/JRE is installed. JAVA_BINDIR The full path to the directory where the java executable is located. JAVA_ARGS Extra command-line arguments to be passed to the Java Virtual Machine. AUTHOR
airport-hostmon was written by Jon Sevy <jsevy@cs.drexel.edu>. This manual page was written by Julien BLACHE <jblache@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). May 20, 2006 AIRPORT-HOSTMON(1)