Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users mount -t cifs permission denied by mount -t smbfs works fine Post 302349694 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 1st of September 2009 03:06:57 PM
Old 09-01-2009
Try this syntax:
Code:
cifsmount //sharename/directory  /mnt/temp -P "password"

Are passwords set up? Check this file - default location:
Code:
var/opt/cifsclient/cifsclient.udb

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount: failed, reason given by server: Permission denied

Hi , I have a filesystem on AIX 4.3.3 which i need to share with other clients who use Windows NT and Redhat linux 7.3. I use samba to share this with Windows NT Clients. Now i was to share this with Linux clients. When i try to nfs mount this on Linux i get "mount: failed, reason given by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sushesh
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS Mount: Permission Denied

Hi, - I have two solaris 10 servers. One is running nfs server (let's call it server-1) and has a share set through /etc/dfs/dfstab file: share -F nfs /opt/SHARE (where SHARE directory contains sub-items that I want to share) - On server-1, I have started the nfs server service and have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackola
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

mount with CIFS

hi everyone months ago i installed software on hp-ux box. So instead of going to the server room (which is far and cold :) ), I put the DVD in my windows xp box and mount it using CIFS, it was successful. Now I want to install another software on the same hp-ux box using the same windows... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: neemoze
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission Denied creating file under nfs mount

I have two servers, 82 and 70. My exports file on 82 reads / ...70(rw) on 70 I have a mountpoint called mnt_for_82 I execute on 70 mount -t nfs -o rw ...82:/ mnt_for_82 I go to server 70 and indeed can read and travers the mounted subdirectories. However, I try... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blaine.miller
0 Replies

5. Linux

new file group permission of CIFS mount

After switching from smbfs mount, the dmask/dir_mode and fmask/file_mode no longer have an effect on the newly created files. It seems to use the system umask instead. I need the group to have write permissions without changing the root umask on the system. Any ideas? example fstab: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gadgetx23
0 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Slackware: mount cifs with kerberos

On Slackware14.0 Compiled cifs-utils with kerberos support on request-key.conf added create cifs.spnego * * /usr/sbin/cifs.upcall %k %d But when i try mount -o sec=krb5 -t cifs //SLACK64//Users /media/users mount error(38): Function not implemented Refer to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies

7. AIX

Mount CIFS on AIX

Hello AIX gurus, I am trying to mount a CIFS share on AIX and I could use some help. Here are the environment details: AIX - 6100-05-01-1016 Domain Controller - WIN2K8R2 (authentication takes place here) CIFS share is stored on a NetApp storage array that is joined to the domain I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhall
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Permission denied error using chmod on a cifs mount

I have a RHEL 5.7 system with a cifs mount from a Windows 2007 file server that I need to fix the permissions on. Once the share is mounted the permission for the mount are 777. I need to change that to 770 on the top level directory and to 640 on the sub-directory .ssh/. But when I run chmod... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
0 Replies

9. AIX

AIX available cifs mount options

Hi, I can't find any documentation of all available mount options of mount -v cifs Unfortunately you can specify any fantasy options, no complains, and the mount command shows this option In particular I want to know if there is a possibility to completely disable cifs caching in aix,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help with cifs/smbfs mount on Solaris

I have a Linux server with a cifsmount, the entry in /etc/fstab looks like this: //windows_server_name/xyz /opt/xyz cifs credentials=/etc/creds/xyz.creds,uid=abc,gid=abc,noserverino,directio,_netdev 0 0 The username and password are stored in /etc/creds/xyz.creds This works fine.:wall: How... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Joke Holmer
1 Replies
RUMP_SMBFS(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					     RUMP_SMBFS(8)

NAME
rump_smbfs -- mount a smbfs share with a userspace server SYNOPSIS
file-system PUFFS pseudo-device putter rump_smbfs [options] share mountpoint DESCRIPTION
NOTE! This manual page describes features specific to the rump(3) file server. Please see mount_smbfs(8) for a full description of the available command line options. The rump_smbfs utility can be used to mount smbfs file systems. It uses rump(3) and p2k(3) to facilitate running the file system as a server in userspace. As opposed to mount_smbfs(8), rump_smbfs does not use file system code within the kernel and therefore does not require kernel support except puffs(4). Apart from a minor speed penalty there is no downside with respect to in-kernel code. Even though the rump_smbfs file system client runs within a virtual rump kernel in userspace, it uses host network services (by means of ``rump sockin''). This means that regardless of whether using rump_smbfs or mount_smbfs(8), the same network configurations will be used. Currently, ``sockin'' supports IPv4. To use rump_smbfs via mount(8), the flags -o rump and -t smbfs should be given. Similarly, rump_smbfs is used instead of mount_smbfs(8) if ``rump'' is added to the options field of fstab(5). SEE ALSO
p2k(3), puffs(3), rump(3), mount_smbfs(8) HISTORY
The rump_smbfs utility first appeared in NetBSD 6.0. BSD
November 21, 2010 BSD