Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to compile openGL code which is in C++ in ubuntu Post 302349684 by Corona688 on Tuesday 1st of September 2009 02:10:17 PM
Old 09-01-2009
"U" is not a word.

Please use code tags for code. they make it readable. [ code ] stuff [ /code ] without the spaces in the tags.

Ubuntu does not have any of the dozens of windows-specific functions being used here. The code will have to be completely rewritten. It is possible to write opengl code that will work unmodified in both windows and ubuntu, but whoever wrote this did not bother.

Further problems:

Ubuntu of course does not have windows.h.

Ubuntu does not use backslashes for path seperators, things like gl\gl.h should be gl/gl.h

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Unable to compile ANSI compatible code on HP-UX

Hi!!, my HP-UX - 10.2 compiler doesnt appear to support ANSI style of coding. On compiling my C code, it flags error messages like error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI Feature Is it a generic problem with the HP compiler or do I need to use some special switches on the command... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
9 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Compile a code for running on boot

How can I compile a code that can be runned on boot:?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: d4n1l0d
2 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to compile from source code?

Hi all, I downloaded the source code for a pkg. But i dont know how to build from it? I have no prior experience in building from source,so could you pls help me? I tried ./configure(after entering into the dir containing the src codes) but it generated some errors!!!!! Some files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Error when compile source code

Hello,I'm trying to compile source code for Nmap. My $PATH /usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:/usr/ucb:/usr/local/bin:/usr/css/bin I type ./configure and all goes great.When I type ./make or ./make it says make not found.Why?I need a correct path for make?Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bgf0
2 Replies

5. Ubuntu

i am new to opengl , how to work opengl in ubuntu

Hi, i am new to opengl, how to work openGL in ubuntu ,, i am not getting which packages as to be install and how to install those packages. and how to work with small programs.. Please guide me ,,, it will appriceated ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravikishore
7 Replies

6. Programming

How to rotate text in 3D using openGL code

Hi, I want to know how to write text in window and that is to be rotated in 3D using openGL in C language... any answer will have value .... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravikishore
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compile & Run Java Code

The java program is a part of speech tagger -> The Stanford NLP (Natural Language Processing) Group The goal is to use this script as part of a webpage to tag parts of speech based on a user-inputted string. I have no idea what to do with the files - I'm a complete *nix noob. I tried running... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tguillea
4 Replies

8. Programming

Compile and debug Vim source code

Hi, I want to debug Vim source code with GDB but I can't get it. It seems to run without debugger. Here is my try. I have supressed output of most commands. Tell me if you need them. $ uname -mor 2.6.37-ARCH i686 GNU/Linux $ mkdir ~/birei && cd ~/birei $ wget... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: birei
2 Replies

9. Programming

C++ for dummies: how to compile a code.

Hi. I wrote a small programm which shows me display's refresh rate #include "stdafx.h" #include "windows.h" #include "iostream" using namespace std; int _tmain(int cout) { HDC hDCScreen = GetDC(NULL); int RefreshFrequency = GetDeviceCaps(hDCScreen, VREFRESH); ReleaseDC(NULL, hDCScreen);... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: urello
1 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Compile smbfs module in kernel version 3.10 running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Is there any way to compile smbfs module in kernel 3.10 running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. I did a 'make menuconfig' and it shows cifs. I found out online that smbfs is deprecated and replaced by cifs. I have an old system with kernel version 2.4 which only has smbfs (no cifs). Is it possible to compile... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Monil
1 Replies
byobu-enable(1) 						       byobu							   byobu-enable(1)

NAME
byobu-enable, byobu-disable - wrapper script for enabling/disabling automatic startup of byobu after login into text console SYNOPSIS
byobu-enable byobu-disable DESCRIPTION
byobu-enable will do two things: 1) run byobu-launcher-install(1) to configure byobu(1) to launch automatically on login 2) then launch byobu(1) byobu-disable will simply run byobu-launcher-uninstall(1). BUGS
None found, yet. SEE ALSO
screen(1), byobu-config(1), byobu-export(1), byobu-status(1), byobu-status-detail(1) http://launchpad.net/byobu AUTHOR
This manpage was written by Jan Klepek <jan.klepek at gmail.com> and the utility was written by Dustin Kirkland <kirkland@ubuntu.com> for Ubuntu systems (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 published by the Free Software Foundation. The complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL on Debian/Ubuntu systems, or in /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-*/GPL on Fedora systems, or on the web at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt. byobu 6 January 2011 byobu-enable(1)