Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How does netcat manage the data it transfers ? Post 302349090 by wakatana on Monday 31st of August 2009 05:37:00 AM
Old 08-31-2009
Hi qiulang Only thing I somewhere read about netcat is:

If you want transfer file between machines you type
reciever# nc -l p 8000 > /home/user/destination
sender# nc reciever 8000 < /home/user/source
But if somebody else start to send packets to reciever:8000 they will be ignored (cause it is TCP comunucation and session has been established previous)
Maybe it will help you

---------- Post updated at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:27 AM ----------

also found tool called netcat++ socat

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Netcat with Authentication?

I'd like to do a data transfer without encryption but with a guarantee that my data comes from a legit source. I'm thinking something that uses a public key scheme to sign the data. Does anyone know of something like that? Thanks! -Pileofrogs (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pileofrogs
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

netcat

Is there a way how to react on the message a client sent to the server? I would like as the client sent message to server: "get information such and such" and server would answer. Thank you for reply! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MartyIX
6 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Data Transfers Lock System Up Completely

I have two laptops on which I've installed Ubuntu Studio 9.04. The first laptop (Acer) has a Centrino 32-bit Intel CPU in it and the second (HP) has a 64-bit dual core Intel CPU. I'm running the 32-bit version of Ubuntu Studio on the Acer and the 64-bit version on the HP. While testing the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
5 Replies

4. Linux

Thank you radoulov for your help on netcat command (nc -lp)

Hello, Thank you very much for the line nc -lp <port> . I tried to run simple chat session with nc as it's shown in catonmatDOTorg but failed miserably with that syntax inspite of opening port 7777 by iptables . But your command example is working nicely. So a bagful of thanks :)) Only one... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Post using nc(netcat)

Hi; I have a url like http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp/dates/nextPageToPost.jsp?name=ajay&password=pas&sex=Male&check=on&nationality=USA&description=aa&submit=submit in which i want to use nc for http post for parameters like "name","password"....etc can neone please help me how to do that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypadvi
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

Help with Netcat

Hi all, I know my question is regarding Windows and not Linux, but I simply need people who know Netcat pretty well and I'm guessing here is a good place for that. So on with my question. I'm doing some research, and I was playing around with netcat on a WinXP VM but I can't seem to get... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrCrumbs
0 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Netcat ( nc -l ) as webserver

Dear Linux guru's I am trying to create a webserver using nc (netcat only) on RHEL 7.2 running on bash shell. now the easy thing is to get nc listing to a port and respond back $ while true; do { echo -e 'HTTP/1.0 200 OK\r\n'; set; } | nc -l 7877; done This when called from a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakrapani
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to fix and manage data in rescue mode?

Hello, I am running ubuntu 14.04 My server has problems again. I need to manage system files in rescue mode, backup some files, edit /etc/crontab and rc.local files etc. root@rescue:~# cat /proc/mdstat Personalities : md2 : active raid1 sda2 sdb2 4193216 blocks md3 :... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
4 Replies
roartestclients(1)					  System Manager's Manual: roard					roartestclients(1)

NAME
roarcat2sock, roarcatad, roarsin, roarsockconnect - RoarAudio sound server test clients SYNOPSIS
roarcat2sock [OPTIONS]... roarcatad [OPTIONS]... roarsin roarsockconnect HOST PORT DESCRIPTION
This clients are primary for test perpose but may be useful for someone or can be used as examples. roarcat2sock This is the same as roarcat(1) but uses roar_simple_new_stream(3) to open the audio stream. roarcatad This is also the same as roarcat(1) but uses roar_stream_add_data(3) to fill the server's input buffer. roarsin This is the complete version of the sinus generator from roartut(7). It plays a 5 second middle C (523.2Hz) sine. roarsockconnect This is just a test tool connecting somewhere via roar_socket_connect(3). First the data of stdin is copied to the socket than the data from the socket to stdout. It's a very simlple semi-bi-directional version of netcat(1). GENERAL OPTIONS
NOTE: This list is incomplete! --help Print some help text. AUDIO OPTIONS
--rate RATE, -R RATE Set server sample rate. --bits BITS, -B BITS Set server bits. --chans CHANNELS, -C CHANNELS Set server channels. NETWORK OPTIONS
--server SERVER The server to connect to ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
Bellow only the basic environment varibales are listend. For a complete list see libroar(7). HOME The users home directory. ROAR_SERVER The address of the listening server. This may be in form of host:port for TCP/IP connections and /path/to/sock for UNIX Domain Sock- ets. See roartips(7) for a full list. This is the same as the --server option. BUGS
There are a lot of bugs... SEE ALSO
roarctl(1), roarvorbis(1), roarfish(1), roarbaseclients(1), roartips(7), libroar(7), RoarAudio(7). HISTORY
For history information see RoarAudio(7). RoarAudio July 2008 roartestclients(1)