Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Port status/Running daemon
Operating Systems Solaris Port status/Running daemon Post 302346583 by jlliagre on Sunday 23rd of August 2009 08:00:53 AM
Old 08-23-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVerstry
Hi,

I need to run an application (Hudson) listening to port 8080 on a remote Solaris server. I have managed to start that application and tried to access it with my browser from my local PC, but unsuccessfully.
What says:
Code:
pfiles <hudson-pid>
telnet localhost 8080

When logged in on the Solaris server running hudson and with hudson-pid being the process id of the hudson application ?
Quote:
I need to find out what is blocking the access to that port (or any other).
You need to first make sure hudson is listening to 8080 in the first place before jumping to the conclusion something is blocking the port.
Quote:
A post on this forum suggests starting a Daemon process listening to that port and to telnet it (or ping it), but it does not explain how to do this.
That daemon would precisely be hudson.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

daemon running in AIX checking

how do u check if a daemon is running in AIX.. Is it ps -ef|grep daemon lssrc -s demon ??? Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix port status

disregard solved (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: calamine
0 Replies

3. AIX

how to check status of various services and port?

How can i check which service is activated on my AIX Box? how one can check particular port is open or not (like ftp/telnet port)? I dont have admin rights (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashish4422
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to detect port open status?

I write a script which will stop an application, then restart it. Sometimes it is succesful, sometimes not. The problem is, when stop the application, some ports are still listenning (or not released). When start the application, it reports that ports are used, and can't continues. I use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdcwayx
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Checking the port status of a remote host

Hi there I am in the process of writing a script to check whether a port on a remote system is up or not. Here's what I have so far: #!/bin/bash telnet xx.xx.xx.xx 80 | (echo "^]") if ]; then echo "Please check Web services " | mailx -s "Please check webservices... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: notreallyhere
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt in the daemon running script

Hi I was going through one of my pjct script .Please let me know the logic for the deamon is running or not as i think the condtn should be vice-versa. daemon_list = 'idp1278' FAIL=0 for p in ${daemon_list} do fail=0 ps -fu workarea | grep ${p} > /dev/null 2>&1 if ] then ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
1 Replies

7. Programming

Getting TCP Port status through C API

Does anyone know if there is a C API call to get the status of a TCP port? As opposed to running netstat and parsing the results. At the moment I have to attempt to bind() and pick up on the address in use error which isn't very elegant Thanks ---------- Post updated at 10:42 AM ----------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: janra
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Oracle process running as user daemon

Hi, When process listing, I came across a process running as user daemon. daemon 23576 23574 0 07:32:04 ? 0:07 oracle (DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq))) root 27526 27444 1 07:38:43 ttyp5 0:00 grep 23574 why a process runs as user daemon, when it should be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonee
3 Replies

9. AIX

Alert: Network Status Monitor daemon (rpcstat) is not running

Hi I am currently testing SCOM2012 on my AIX systems for monitoring. I tested it on 3 systems and immediately i got the following errors: Alert: Network Status Monitor daemon (rpcstat) is not running Source: AIX 7.1 Path: (left blank) Last modified by: (left blank) Last modified time:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsabo40
3 Replies
avahi-bookmarks(1)					      General Commands Manual						avahi-bookmarks(1)

NAME
avahi-bookmarks - Web service showing mDNS/DNS-SD announced HTTP services using the Avahi daemon SYNOPSIS
avahi-bookmarks DESCRIPTION
A web service for listing HTTP services that are announced via mDNS/DNS-SD using the Avahi daemon. avahi-bookmarks opens a TCP socket on port 8080 and waits for incoming HTTP connections returning a dynamic web site containing links to all services of type _http._tcp on the LAN. Point your browser to http://localhost:8080/ to make use of avahi-bookmarks. OPTIONS
-p | --port= PORT Specify a TCP port number to listen on. If omitted defaults to 8080. -a | --address= address Specify an IP address to listen on. If omitted defaults to 127.0.0.1. Specify 0.0.0.0 if you want to allow remote access. -H | --host-names Create links pointing to mDNS host names instead of resolved IP addreses. This is only compatible with your browser if you run some kind of local NSS module to resolve mDNS host names (e.g. nss-mdns). If both -A and -H are ommited avahi-bookmarks detects whether NSS support is available locally. This option conflicts with -A. -A | --addresses Create links pointing to numeric IP addresses instead of mDNS host names. This will break access to hosts running virtual servers. If both -A and -H are ommited avahi-bookmarks detects whether NSS support is available locally. This option conflicts with -H. -d | --domain=DOMAIN The domain to browse for services in. -h | --help Show help AUTHORS
The Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/ SEE ALSO
avahi-browse(1), avahi-daemon(8) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User avahi-bookmarks(1)