Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting search pattern present in second field Post 302345755 by imas on Thursday 20th of August 2009 06:46:14 AM
Old 08-20-2009
Hi Panyam,

Thanks for your time and suggestion for the awk/sed links.
Definitely i will try to improve my knowledge.

Once again thanks to you and all unix forum members.

Regards,
imas

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check whether the pattern is present or not?

I want to determine whether a specific pattern is present within a line or not e.g. The whole line is in a varaible called VALUE VALUE="(ABC, DEF, NMF, ABC, CLF, PAR, FHG, AGQSAs, sada, sa, ABC)" i want to set a flag to 1 if i find the presence of ABC in the above variable. Please... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a pattern and if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining

I am trying to do some thing like this .. In a file , if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining of the line containing the pattern. example: in a file I have this. gtrow0unit1/gctunit_crrownorth_stage5_outnet_feedthru_pin if i find feedthru_pin want to insert !! at the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pitagi
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Search text string in field, not all in field.

Hello, I am using awk to match text in a tab separated field and am able to do so when matching the exact word. My problem is that I would like to match any sequence of text in the tab-separated field without having to match it all. Any help will be appreciated. Please see the code below. awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocket_dog
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: Pattern match between 2 files, then compare a field in file1 as > or < field in file2

First, thanks for the help in previous posts... couldn't have gotten where I am now without it! So here is what I have, I use AWK to match $1 and $2 as 1 string in file1 to $1 and $2 as 1 string in file2. Now I'm wondering if I can extend this AWK command to incorporate the following: If $1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Match pattern in a field, print pattern only instead of the entire field

Hi ! I have a tab-delimited file, file.tab: Column1 Column2 Column3 aaaaaaaaaa bbtomatoesbbbbbb cccccccccc ddddddddd eeeeappleseeeeeeeee ffffffffffffff ggggggggg hhhhhhtomatoeshhh iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasvs
18 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying the first field if the second field matches the pattern using Perl

Hi, I am trying with the below Perl command to print the first field when the second field matches the given pattern: perl -lane 'open F, "< myfile"; for $i (<F>) {chomp $i; if ($F =~ /patt$/) {my $f = (split(" ", $i)); print "$f";}} close F' dummy_file I know I can achieve the same with the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert certain field of matched pattern line above pattern

Hello every, I am stuck in a problem. I have file like this. I want to add the fifth field of the match pattern line above the lines starting with "# @D". The delimiter is "|" eg > # @D0.00016870300|0.05501020000|12876|12934|3||Qp||Pleistocene||"3 Qp Pleistocene"|Q # @P... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyu3
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search, and add if present

Dear All, I have to find a way to reorganize a table file according to the last column. The input file looks like this: cat Input1.txt: ID:12:23:00Q EU232 2342 234 123 231 aa1;ab2 ID:11:22:00E EU112 1232 211 112 233 ab2;ac3 ID:19:24:00S EU121 569 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: loba
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove content present in between specific pattern ?

Hi, I have a file with following pattern. We are looking to filter out only specific content from this file. sample BLAdmins Server.* LinuxAdmins Server.* Policy Name: Recommended Default ACL Policy Everyone ACLPushJob.Read Everyone ACLTemplate.Read Everyone ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Litu19
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep/awk using a begin search pattern and end search pattern

I have this fileA TEST FILE ABC this file contains ABC; TEST FILE DGHT this file contains DGHT; TEST FILE 123 this file contains ABC, this file contains DEF, this file contains XYZ, this file contains KLM ; I want to have a fileZ that has only (begin search pattern for will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbabz
2 Replies
ALCC(1) 							  aMule utilities							   ALCC(1)

NAME
alcc - text based eD2k links calculator for aMule SYNOPSIS
alcc [-p] [-v] <inputfiles_list> alcc [-h] DESCRIPTION
Compute the eD2k links of all the input files given in the <inputfiles_list> (There can be one or more files). [ -p, --parthashes ] Compute and add part hashes to the computed eD2k links. [ -h, --help ] Prints a short usage description. [ -v, --verbose ] Be verbose - show also calculation steps. REPORTING BUGS
Please report bugs either on our forum (http://forum.amule.org/), or in our bugtracker (http://bugs.amule.org/). Please do not report bugs in e-mail, neither to our mailing list nor directly to any team member. COPYRIGHT
aMule and all of its related utilities are distributed under the GNU General Public License. SEE ALSO
alc(1), amuled(1), amulecmd(1), amuleweb(1), cas(1), ed2k(1), wxcas(1), xas(1) AUTHOR
This manpage was written by Vollstrecker <amule@vollstreckernet.de> aMule eD2k links calculator November 2011 ALCC(1)