Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming C Programming - Hardware Programming Post 302345545 by Zykl0n-B on Wednesday 19th of August 2009 01:43:19 PM
Old 08-19-2009
"Interact directly with the hardware", that's the kernel's function, so, you need to learn Linux Kernel Module Programming, there are a lot of books out there.

It's advanced programming, but not hard programming.
Zykl0n-B

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Programming

Now that I have installed slackware and it's working...I decided to learn programming... Could you recommend language and books... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CreamHarry
3 Replies

2. Programming

c programming or unix programming!?

i would like advice on the usbject of c programming (in the middle of reading a book on C). could i benefit more if i apply that knowledge in the unix format if i were able to, or would that take the point out of learning C, basically I want to stay away from strying too far away from unix and use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Systems Programming Vs Unix Programming

Several months ago I found a link that explained the difference between how a Unix Systems Admin would do scripting compared to what a Unix Programmer would do. It showed a basic script and then show several iterations that explained how the Systems Admin would change it to make it better. I was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BCarlson
0 Replies

4. Programming

C++ programming

Sorry to ask this question here... where can I find a C++ programming thread? Thanks guys! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nadiamihu
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

programming

how to program a computer?? im a new on programming...can u help me.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyanoticruz
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Carreer:Networking Programming in Unix (C programming Language)

Hello, I am trying to learn Networking Programming in C in unix enviorment. I want to know how good it is to become a network programmer. i am crazy about Network programming but i also want to opt for the best carreer options. Anybody experienced Network Programmer, please tell me is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sh programming

I have started writing one script. It is not taking the if block. Here is the script: #!/bin/sh set USER='/usr/ucb/whoami' ####################################################################### #Killing Process #######################################################################... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarpreetka
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

From iOS programming to Linux system programming

Hello. I like Linux and C programming language. Allways wanted to understand kernel and become a Linux system programmer. And I also like Objective-C and iOS. These two programming areas have relations: 1. Linux and iOS are UNIX-like systems, POSIX compliant. 2. It is useful to know C language... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockatansky
2 Replies
xpaserver(3)							SAORD Documentation						      xpaserver(3)

NAME
XPAServer - The XPA Server-side Programming Interface SYNOPSIS
A description of the XPA server-side programming interface. DESCRIPTION
Introduction to XPA Server Programming Creating an XPA server is easy: you generally only need to call the XPANew() subroutine to define a named XPA access point and set up the send and receive callback routines. You then enter an event loop such as XPAMainLoop() to field XPA requests. #include <xpa.h> XPA XPANew(char *class, char *name, char *help, int (*send_callback)(), void *send_data, char *send_mode, int (*rec_callback)(), void *rec_data, char *rec_mode); XPA XPACmdNew(char *class, char *name); XPACmd XPACmdAdd(XPA xpa, char *name, char *help, int (*send_callback)(), void *send_data, char *send_mode, int (*rec_callback)(), void *rec_data, char *rec_mode); void XPACmdDel(XPA xpa, XPACmd cmd); XPA XPAInfoNew(char *class, char *name, int (*info_callback)(), void *info_data, char *info_mode); int XPAFree(XPA xpa); void XPAMainLoop(void); int XPAPoll(int msec, int maxreq); void XPAAtExit(void); void XPACleanup(void); Introduction To use the XPA application programming interface, a software developer generally will include the xpa.h definitions file: #include <xpa.h> in the software module that defines or accesses an XPA access point, and then will link against the libxpa.a library: gcc -o foo foo.c libxpa.a XPA has been compiled using both C and C++ compilers. A server program generally defines an XPA access point by calling the XPANew() routine and specifies "send" and/or "receive" callback pro- cedures to be executed by the program when an external process either sends data or commands to this access point or requests data or information from this access point. A program also can define several sub-commands for a single access point by calling XPACmdNew() and XPACmdAdd() instead. Having defined one or more public access points in this way, an XPA server program enters its usual event loop (or uses the standard XPA event loop). SEE ALSO
See xpa(7) for a list of XPA help pages version 2.1.14 June 7, 2012 xpaserver(3)