Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Transfer variable to an expect function Post 302345482 by chipcmc on Wednesday 19th of August 2009 10:44:02 AM
Old 08-19-2009
Code:
#!/bin/sh
send_command()
{
      password=$1
        echo "spawn ssh login@10.10.10.10"
        echo 'set password [lindex $argv 0]'

echo 'sleep 1'
        echo 'expect "*assword:*"'

echo 'sleep 1'
        echo 'send  $password'
        echo 'expect oet'

}
HPPASS1="$1"
conf_=`send_command "$HPPASS1" | /usr/bin/expect >> temp_log`

---------- Post updated at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:42 AM ----------

Code:
#!/bin/sh
send_command()
{
      password=$1
        echo "spawn ssh login@10.10.10.10"
        echo 'set password [lindex $argv 0]'

echo 'sleep 1'
        echo 'expect "*assword:*"'

echo 'sleep 1'
        echo 'send  $password'
        echo 'expect oet'

}
HPPASS1="$1"
conf_=`send_command "$HPPASS1" | /usr/bin/expect >> temp_log`

what menas $arg in your code? i said yoou because yo don't hava this variable in the shell.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

transfer a variable in a shell script?

Hey guys, seems I can't transfer the $ip into gawk in the following bash script, where the problem is? #!/bin/bash while read ip do gawk '$1~"$ip"' /tmp/source done < /tmp/ip ++ cat /tmp/ip 192.16.1.1|192.168.1.2|192.168.1.3 10.1.1.1|10.1.1.2 10.8.1.0|10.8.1.1|10.8.1.2 -- cat... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing a variable inside a variable to a function

I would like to know how to pass a variable inside a variable to a function. sample code below -------------- for x in 1 9 do check_null $C$x ##call function to check if the value is null if then echo "line number:$var_cnt,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KingVikram
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing global variable to a function which is called by another function

Hi , I have three funcions f1, f2 and f3 . f1 calls f2 and f2 calls f3 . I have a global variable "period" which i want to pass to f3 . Can i pass the variable directly in the definition of f3 ? Pls help . sars (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sars
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with FTP Variable Transfer

Hey all, I'm trying to upload a file to my ftp server through an automated batch program. I will be uploading a file that's name changes according to you IP Address, so I am using the variable %ip% to represent the file's name. The problem occurs when it transfers over to the ftp portion of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: piking
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script file transfer failure

I use expect to spawn an sftp file transfer. On occasion the transfer fails or doesn't complete correctly, resulting in: "sftp> cd /returns sftp> rename /returns/TESTFILE.TXT /returns/archive/TESTFILE.TXT Couldn't rename file "/returns/TESTFILE.TXT" to "/returns/archive/TESTFILE.TXT": Failure... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjb1959
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass a function with a variable parameter into another variable?

Hello again :) Am currently trying to write a function which will delete a record from a file. The code currently looks as such: function deleteRecord() { clear read -p "Please enter the ID of the record you wish to remove: " strID ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: U_C_Dispatj
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a function which uses expect from a shells script

Hi all, This is the first time i am using expect. I am trying to call a function with in the shell script. The function will shh to a new server and will pass the password using expect and send. I need help in calling the fuction i am getting follaowing errors... here the script ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable value in a function to be used by another function

Hello All, I would like to ask help from you on how to pass variable value from a function that has been called inside the function. I have created below and put the variables in " ". Is there another way I can do this? Thank you in advance. readtasklist() { while read -r mod ver... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aderamos12
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass variable from one function to another function?

updateEnvironmentField() { linewithoutquotes=`echo $LINE | tr -d '"'` b() } I want to pass variable named $linewithoutquotes to another method called b(), which is called from updateEnvironmentField() method. How to do the above requirement with shell script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pottic
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to set file transfer in binary mode in SFTP using Expect?

The below is my script. /usr/bin/expect<<EOD spawn /usr/bin/sftp -o Port=$PORT $USER@$HOST expect "sftp>" expect "password:" set timout 15 send "$password\r" expect "sftp>" send "lcd $remotedir\r" expect "sftp>" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anilsaggu9
1 Replies
echo(3XCURSES)						  X/Open Curses Library Functions					    echo(3XCURSES)

NAME
echo, noecho - enable/disable terminal echo SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library... ] #include <curses.h> int echo(void); int noecho(void); DESCRIPTION
The echo() function enables Echo mode for the current screen. The noecho() function disables Echo mode for the current screen. Initially, curses software echo mode is enabled and hardware echo mode of the tty driver is disabled. The echo() and noecho() functions control soft- ware echo only. Hardware echo must remain disabled for the duration of the application, else the behavior is undefined. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, these functions return OK. Otherwise, they return ERR. ERRORS
No errors are defined. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
getch(3XCURSES), getstr(3XCURSES), initscr(3XCURSES), libcurses(3XCURSES), scanw(3XCURSES), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jun 2002 echo(3XCURSES)