Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Configuring samba in solaris x-86 Post 302344642 by naw_deepak on Monday 17th of August 2009 07:45:54 AM
Old 08-17-2009
Configuring samba in solaris x-86

I just wanted to know if I can configure samba on solaris 10 x-86. I was just wondering if the samba is in-built software gets shipped with Operating System CD.

I have searched a lot on many sites and forums but still not getting any way to make it. It would be really appreciable if some can guide to configure the same.

Thanks,
Deepak

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help for configuring outgoing mail in Solaris 9

G'day, I've a solaris 9 box that I want to configure so that users can send out mails to internet. How can I do it? Can someone pls list me the steps or direct me to a detailed website. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Albert J.
1 Replies

2. Solaris

tftp configuring on Solaris 5.7

Hi, I need to setup a tftp facility on a Sun server. Can someone help me urgently, i need this to be up at the earliest. Regards, Vivek :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek_scv
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuring networking interfaces on Solaris 10

Hi, I am trying to configure an ip address, netmask, and default gateway on my solaris machine. For example, in Linux I would do the following command: #ifconfig eth0 xx.xx.xx.xx netmask 255.0.0.0 #add route or route add default xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx In Solaris 10, I believe the commands are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: annointed3
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Configuring TP Ethernet in SPARCstation 5 Solaris 8

Hey. i have been trying to configure the on board Ethernet in My Sparcstation 5, i have spent a lot of time on the ifconfig man pages. but it could really be nice with some pro. help. i don't think the interface is running . i don't know what name the interface have, le0 eth0 et0, it just says no... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mads-nielsen
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Configuring TP Ethernet SS5 Solaris 8

Hey. how do i configure the Lance Ethernet in my SS5 i must use DHCP to get Internet access. i have tried sys-unconfig and ifconfig le0 plumb and dhcp. but no cigar. how do i configure ? i have had some problems with the /etc/hosts dir. it says it dosent exist and when i try to create it it says... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mads-nielsen
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help on configuring LDAP server on solaris

HI All I need help to understand how the ldap works in Solaris 9 & Solaris 10. Kindly provide me some helpful commands related to LDAP Regards Jagan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganblore
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Help with configuring printer on Sun Solaris

I have tried and tried again, to get an HP 4700dn laserjet printer to work on a GI Sun Solaris BOX. I have gone through and added the Printer server and IP to the Host file in the /etc folder and also added the printer ip and printer name itself. when I go to print something the printer shows up in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kane4355
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Samba help Configuring.

I am trying to find some documentation to help me configure SAMBA on a Solaris 10 OS for File Sharing. I guess I need more help on the smb.conf file. I was able to test a small smb.conf file and testparm script works. So, I know I have installed it properly. Now looking for more guidance of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4X4R8D
2 Replies

9. SuSE

Need HELP, for configuring the samba

:wall: Anyone can help me..:wall: i'm still studying about the linux life.. so I'm still kinda confuse of using linux. Could you give me a little guide so that i can connect my SLED11 SP1(i586) to Windows server 2008.. What will i do first to that it would connect to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksmedina18
1 Replies
TDBBACKUP(8)                                                System Administration tools                                               TDBBACKUP(8)

NAME
tdbbackup - tool for backing up and for validating the integrity of samba .tdb files SYNOPSIS
tdbbackup [-s suffix] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the samba(1) suite. tdbbackup is a tool that may be used to backup samba .tdb files. This tool may also be used to verify the integrity of the .tdb files prior to samba startup or during normal operation. If it finds file damage and it finds a prior backup the backup file will be restored. OPTIONS
-h Get help information. -s suffix The -s option allows the adminisistrator to specify a file backup extension. This way it is possible to keep a history of tdb backup files by using a new suffix for each backup. -v The -v will check the database for damages (currupt data) which if detected causes the backup to be restored. COMMANDS
GENERAL INFORMATION The tdbbackup utility can safely be run at any time. It was designed so that it can be used at any time to validate the integrity of tdb files, even during Samba operation. Typical usage for the command will be: tdbbackup [-s suffix] *.tdb Before restarting samba the following command may be run to validate .tdb files: tdbbackup -v [-s suffix] *.tdb Samba .tdb files are stored in various locations, be sure to run backup all .tdb file on the system. Important files includes: o secrets.tdb - usual location is in the /usr/local/samba/private directory, or on some systems in /etc/samba. o passdb.tdb - usual location is in the /usr/local/samba/private directory, or on some systems in /etc/samba. o *.tdb located in the /usr/local/samba/var directory or on some systems in the /var/cache or /var/lib/samba directories. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 3 of the Samba suite. AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. The tdbbackup man page was written by John H Terpstra. Samba 3.5 06/18/2010 TDBBACKUP(8)