Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Encryption of card number
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Encryption of card number Post 302343271 by mad_man12 on Wednesday 12th of August 2009 05:01:23 AM
Old 08-12-2009
replace only if the item is numeric

Hi Panyam,
I need to replace or encrypt card only if the item here ($i+12) is numeric
how do i check that

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

encryption is possible??

NEED expertise help for this topic!!! Question 1: Is encryption possible for the shell scriping programing? shadow the scriping file, do think is impossible... Question2: built a simple program with the simplicity function that allow user change settings by enter corret name and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trynew
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File encryption/Key encryption ????

My dilemma, I need to send, deemed confidential, information via e-mail (SMTP). This information is sitting as a file on AIX. Typically I can send this data as a e-mail attachment via what we term a "mail filter" using telnet. I now would like to somehow encrypt the data and send it to a e-mail... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hugow
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

pgp encryption

Hi I have one script for doing the gpg encryption on linux. The encrytion is doing fine when i am running the script from command prompt on linux The same script when it is triggering from mainframe using sysopts option in NDM(connect direct) the encryption step in the shell script is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arvind Maurya
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

no encryption type specified

Hi I have created a user in snmpv3 as myuser n gave a password. Its also feching data by snmpget. Then I created another user as arika and the password is same as myuser.. Now I am trying to change the password by the command : snmpusm -v 3 -u arika -l authNoPriv -a MD5 -A my_password... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swapna_me
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Encryption on SCO

Can someone help me please. I have a database that we backup using cpio. Is there an encryption option that I could use when taking this backup. Thanks in advance for any help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mandarin
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

how can I determine which NIC card is virtual NIC Card

how can I determine which NIC card is virtual NIC Card which condition can make a decision Does HP UX have Virtual Network Adapter Concept if ,it has where I can Find if I Install Virutal Network Adapter or which command that i can get it or which software can generate thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
2 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Does Red Hat Fedora support Nvidia card 8800GTX and 260 card?

Does Red Hat Fedora support Nvidia card 8800GTX and 260 card? Does any Linux OS support Nvidia card? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sito
1 Replies

8. Programming

RSA encryption

Hi everybody, I know this is a linux forum but I've got a question about encryption. If you want to encrypt (and decrypt) more than one byte at a time do you have to choose sufficiently large numbers when generating the keys for the math to work out? Every example I've come across on the internet... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vindy
5 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

File encryption tools with MAC address as an encryption key

Hi all, I'm looking for secure file encryption tools that use MAC address as encryption key. FYI, I'm using Red Hat Enterprise Linux OS. For example: when A wants to send file to B A will encrypt the file with B's computer MAC/IP address as an encryption key This file can only be decrypted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sergionicosta
2 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)