Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users ls -l timestamp display format Post 302343091 by jnetnix on Tuesday 11th of August 2009 02:22:26 PM
Old 08-11-2009
Upgrade your CoreUtils?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pok.fung
I execute it under SunOS 5.8 but it failed. Anyway, thanks...

ls: illegal option -- -
ls: illegal option -- -
ls: illegal option -- e
usage: ls -1RaAdCxmnlogrtucpFbqisfL [files]
You may want to check out SunFreeware and try coreutils. I have not tried but very possible this will give you the opts you want.

Good Luck!
J

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display the timestamp of a server UNIX

I can't find the command shell UNIX to display the timestamp of the current date. It's not an option of the commande date. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicolas
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

get the timestamp of a file in desired format

Hi, I have a file say abc. I get the timestamp in following way: ls -ltr abc | awk -F" " '{print $6,$7,$8}' Mar 8 10:23 I need to get the timestamp as : 03-08-2007 10:23:00 Thanks Sumeet (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumeet
1 Replies

3. Programming

converting unix timestamp into readable format using c++

hi everyone, im new here and am in desperate need of help. I want to convert my 32 bit unix time stamp ' 45d732f6' into a readable format (Sat, 17 February 2007 16:53:10 UTC) using c++. I have looked around the interent but i just cant make sense of anything. All examples i can find just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uselessprog
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Format/Fix Timestamp Data in a File.

Hello Experts, I have a timestamp(6) column in a .csv data file , format of the data is as below:- ETCT,P,Elec, Inc.,abc,11/5/2010 4:16:09.000000 PM,Y,Y,Y I want the timestamp column to be properly formatted like 11/05/2010 04:16:09.000000 PM Currently the "0" is missing with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtlrsk
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting file timestamp in certain format

Hi all, I'm a Unix newbie and I need to get file timestamp in the following format: YYYYMMDD HH24:MM:SS example: 20120713 18:49:30 For start I've tried the following code, but I don't know how to display the year and even format the date: ls -l $filename | awk '{print $7 $6 $8}' My... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Braun
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display .bash_history with timestamp using script

Hi would like to ask if there is anyway to display .bash_history with timestamp using shell script? i know that you should use history command with HISTTIMEFORMAT="%d/%m/%y %T " to display it in terminal but it does not work when i use it on shell script. It seem that you can't run history... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pikamon
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display files based on particular file timestamp

Hi, I have requirement to list out files that are created after particular file. ex. I have below files in my directory. I want to display files created after /dirdat/CG1/cg004440 file. ./dirdat/CG1/cg004438 09/07/14 0:44:05 ./dirdat/CG1/cg004439 09/07/14 6:01:48 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check timestamp in logfile and display lines upto 3 hours before current timestamp

Hi Friends, I have the following logfile. Currently time in india is 07/31/2014 12:33:34 and i have the following content in logfile. I want to display only those entries which contain string 'Exception' within last 3 hours. In this case, it would be the last line only I can get the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display lines between timestamp

Hi Gurus, I have a software which logs event in the log file and it has become to big to search into it. I want to display all the lines from the log files between <Jul 21, 2016 3:30:37 PM BST> to <Jul 21, 2016 3:45:37 PM BST> that is 15 min data . Please help Use code tags, thanks. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Timestamp format in HP-UX

I am on HP-UX B.11.11 OS. My requirement is to display a list of directories (not files) and the last modified time format should be DD-MON-YYYY HH:MI:SS AM/PM. I am able to get the list using either ls -lF | grep / OR ls -ld -- */ but I am unable to set the time format as I want. The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickz2017
5 Replies
XmGetDragContext(3X)													      XmGetDragContext(3X)

NAME
XmGetDragContext - A Drag and Drop function that retrieves the DragContext widget ID associated with a timestamp SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/DragC.h> Widget XmGetDragContext (refwidget, timestamp) Widget refwidget; Time timestamp; DESCRIPTION
XmGetDragContext returns the widget ID of the active DragContext associated with a given display and timestamp. A timestamp uniquely iden- tifies which DragContext is active when more than one drag and drop transaction has been initiated on a display. If the specified time- stamp matches a timestamp processed between the start and finish of a single drag and drop transaction, the function returns the corre- sponding DragContext ID. Specifies the ID of the widget that the routine uses to identify the intended display. The function returns the ID of the DragContext associated with the display value passed by this widget. Specifies a timestamp. For a complete definition of DragContext and its associated resources, see XmDragContext(3X). RETURN VALUE
Returns the ID of the DragContext widget that is active for the specified timestamp. Otherwise, returns NULL if no active DragContext is found. SEE ALSO
XmDragContext(3X) XmGetDragContext(3X)