Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting RSYNC syntax for pushing file with latest system date Post 302343088 by jnetnix on Tuesday 11th of August 2009 02:10:15 PM
Old 08-11-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfort73
I have a shell script that I wrote and am having difficulty pushing specific files by the system date. Here is my script:
I'm not sure I understood the objective.
- Do you want to push only files that have been updated?
You're already doing this with --archive..since it assumes --times. So only those files that are newer than the destination will copy. Keep in mind to check the time of your boxes (ntp a huge plus here)

- Do you want only push files that have updated in a timeframe you choose?
If you're wanting to do something that only sends files that have been updated in a timeframe which you set, you might want to consider a staging script to analyze which files you need to send...thn use rsync to send them.

- Maybe I'm way off?

Thanks!
J

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through files in dir, omit file with latest date

I want to loop through files in a directory but omit the file with the latest date in my list of files. How would I accomplish this? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stringzz
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get the latest file by reading the date in the filename.

Hi, I grep for a pattern in a list of files. "grep -i -l $pattern *.datx*" it may give me n number of files. say for eg, it gives me 2 files. lock_eicu_20071228_00000000.dat_20071228_05343100 lock_eicu_20080501_00000000.dat_20080501_05343900 out of these 2 files I need to get the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prsshini
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep latest file based on date.

hi all, not sure if this has been posted b4 but i try to search but not valid. this is my question: when i do a ls -ltr there will be a list generated as follows: -rw-r--r-- 1 root sys 923260 Jan 10 04:38 FilePolling.41025.083TL021.xml -rw-r--r-- 1 root sys 1761337 Jan 10 04:40... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep the Content of a LOG File which has latest Date and Time

Hi All, Need a small help. I have a log file which keeps updating for every Minute with multiple number of lines. I just want to grep few properties which has latest Date and Time to it. How do i do it? I wanted to grep a property by name "Reloading cache with a maximum of" from the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nvindraneel
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selecting the file of latest Date

Hi Folks, I have one query that there is a folder in which daily several logs files are getting created , I reached to that location through putty but what I observer that 10 files of different date are been created with same name , what I need to see is the latest file ...let say the location is ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KAREENA18
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed shell script to get the latest file based on date

hi i need the shell script to get the file with latest date. for example in my input folder i have files like file_20130212.txt file_20130211.txt now my output folder should have the file with latest date i.e..file_20120212.txt i want to get the latest file .. i.e is should take... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the latest file based on the date in the filename

Hi, We've a list of files that gets created on a weekly basis and it has got a date and time embedded to it. Below are the examples. I want to find out how to get the latest files get the date and time stamp out of it. Files are PQR123.PLL.M989898.201308012254.gpg... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pick the latest file with date as one among the file name.( not exactly present date.)?

i have files like 1)20131112_abc_01.csv and 2)20131113_abc_01.csv and 3)20131113_abc_02.csv when i try to fetch the file in the next day. it shud pick the third file.. plz help me.. and i use `date +"%Y%m%d"` command to fetch..it fetches the current date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: applepie
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding latest file in dir but getting syntax errors

I believe there are couple of syntax issues in my script, couldn't find them :( can someone help me with fixing it to make it work. cd /abcde/ #get the latest filename excluding subdirs filename=`ls -ltr | grep ^- | tail -1 | awk '{print $8}'` #get system date and file timestamp and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpltyansh
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get latest hdfs file system

Hi All, I am having below hdfs file system /user/home/dte=2019_01_30/part_1 /user/home/dte=2019_01_30/part_2 /user/home/dte=2019_01_31/part_1 I need to take the latest month hdfs folder while passing date as parameter. For eg . if i pass as Feb month i.e. 20190201(YYYYMMDD), then... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Master_Mind
0 Replies
ha(1)								    HA archiver 							     ha(1)

NAME
ha - a small file archiver utility SYNOPSIS
ha <command>[<option><option>...] archive [ name ... ] DESCRIPTION
After the program name comes a command name (single letter) and options (single letters, appended to the command name without a space). COMMANDS
a[sdqemr012] Add files matching search pattern to archive. e[aqty] Extract files matching search pattern from archive. x[aqty] Extract files matching search pattern from archive using path information stored in archive. l[f] List files currently in archive. d[q] Delete files matching search pattern from archive. If archive does not contain any files after deletion it is removed. f[sdqemr012] Freshen files in archive. All files matching search pattern and newer than version already in archive are updated to archive. u[sdqemr012] Update files to archive. All files matching search pattern that are newer than version already in archive or are not yet in archive are updated to archive. t[q] Test files in archive. OPTIONS
0,1,2 Try compression method #. More than one can be specified. Methods are: 0-CPY Simple copying of files. 1-ASC Default method using sliding window dictionary followed by arithmetic coder. Offers quite good compression on wide variety of file types. 2-HSC Compression method based on finite context model and arithmetic coder. Quite slow for binary data, but offers very good compression especially for longer text files. y Assume answer yes on all questions. t Touch files when extracting. Sets file times to current machine time. r Recurse through subdirectories while searching for files matching search pattern. f Full listing of stored file information. m Move files when archiving. Files are removed from disk after they are successfully written to archive. a Set system specific file attributes when extracting files. s Find special files when archiving. e Do not store pathname information. q Quiet operation. d Make separate entries for directories. Saves information about empty directories, directory attributes etc. in archive. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Mikhail Gusarov <dottedmag@dottedmag.net> for Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). ha 0.999p 3 Jul 2008 ha(1)