Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users ls -l timestamp display format Post 302342923 by pok.fung on Tuesday 11th of August 2009 04:57:02 AM
Old 08-11-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sysgate
Code:
ls --full-time

but it depends on the OS.
I execute it under SunOS 5.8 but it failed. Anyway, thanks...

ls: illegal option -- -
ls: illegal option -- -
ls: illegal option -- e
usage: ls -1RaAdCxmnlogrtucpFbqisfL [files]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display the timestamp of a server UNIX

I can't find the command shell UNIX to display the timestamp of the current date. It's not an option of the commande date. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicolas
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

get the timestamp of a file in desired format

Hi, I have a file say abc. I get the timestamp in following way: ls -ltr abc | awk -F" " '{print $6,$7,$8}' Mar 8 10:23 I need to get the timestamp as : 03-08-2007 10:23:00 Thanks Sumeet (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumeet
1 Replies

3. Programming

converting unix timestamp into readable format using c++

hi everyone, im new here and am in desperate need of help. I want to convert my 32 bit unix time stamp ' 45d732f6' into a readable format (Sat, 17 February 2007 16:53:10 UTC) using c++. I have looked around the interent but i just cant make sense of anything. All examples i can find just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uselessprog
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Format/Fix Timestamp Data in a File.

Hello Experts, I have a timestamp(6) column in a .csv data file , format of the data is as below:- ETCT,P,Elec, Inc.,abc,11/5/2010 4:16:09.000000 PM,Y,Y,Y I want the timestamp column to be properly formatted like 11/05/2010 04:16:09.000000 PM Currently the "0" is missing with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtlrsk
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting file timestamp in certain format

Hi all, I'm a Unix newbie and I need to get file timestamp in the following format: YYYYMMDD HH24:MM:SS example: 20120713 18:49:30 For start I've tried the following code, but I don't know how to display the year and even format the date: ls -l $filename | awk '{print $7 $6 $8}' My... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Braun
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display .bash_history with timestamp using script

Hi would like to ask if there is anyway to display .bash_history with timestamp using shell script? i know that you should use history command with HISTTIMEFORMAT="%d/%m/%y %T " to display it in terminal but it does not work when i use it on shell script. It seem that you can't run history... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pikamon
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display files based on particular file timestamp

Hi, I have requirement to list out files that are created after particular file. ex. I have below files in my directory. I want to display files created after /dirdat/CG1/cg004440 file. ./dirdat/CG1/cg004438 09/07/14 0:44:05 ./dirdat/CG1/cg004439 09/07/14 6:01:48 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check timestamp in logfile and display lines upto 3 hours before current timestamp

Hi Friends, I have the following logfile. Currently time in india is 07/31/2014 12:33:34 and i have the following content in logfile. I want to display only those entries which contain string 'Exception' within last 3 hours. In this case, it would be the last line only I can get the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display lines between timestamp

Hi Gurus, I have a software which logs event in the log file and it has become to big to search into it. I want to display all the lines from the log files between <Jul 21, 2016 3:30:37 PM BST> to <Jul 21, 2016 3:45:37 PM BST> that is 15 min data . Please help Use code tags, thanks. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Timestamp format in HP-UX

I am on HP-UX B.11.11 OS. My requirement is to display a list of directories (not files) and the last modified time format should be DD-MON-YYYY HH:MI:SS AM/PM. I am able to get the list using either ls -lF | grep / OR ls -ld -- */ but I am unable to set the time format as I want. The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickz2017
5 Replies
PPMNTSC(1)						      General Commands Manual							PPMNTSC(1)

NAME
ppmntsc - Make RGB colors legal for NTSC or PAL color systems. SYNOPSIS
ppmntsc [ --pal ] [ --legalonly ] [ --illegalonly ] [ --correctedonly ] [ --verbose ] [ --debug ] [ infile ] Minimum unique abbreviations of options are acceptable. DESCRIPTION
This program makes colors legal in the NTSC (or PAL) color systems. Often, images generated on the computer are made for use in movies which ultimately end up on video tape. However, the range of colors (as specified by their RGB values) on a computer does not match the range of colors that can be represented using the NTSC (or PAL) systems. If an image with "illegal" colors is sent directly to an NTSC (or PAL) video system for recording, the "illegal" colors will be clipped. This may result in an undesirable looking picture. This utility tests each pixel in an image to see if it falls within the legal NTSC (or PAL) range. If not, it raises or lowers the pixel's saturation in the output so that it does fall within legal limits. Pixels that are already OK just go unmodified into the output. Input is from the file named input. If input is -, input is from Standard Input. If you don't specify input, input is from Standard Input. Output is always to Standard Output. This program handles multi-image PPM input, producing multi-image PPM output. OPTIONS
--pal Use the PAL transform instead of the default NTSC. --verbose Print a grand total of the number of illegal pixels. --debug Produce a humongous listing of illegal colors and their legal counterparts. NOTE: This option may produce a great deal of output. --legalonly Output only pixels that are already legal. Output black in place of pixels that are not. --illegalonly Output only pixels that are illegal (and output them uncorrected). Output black in place of pixels that are already legal. --correctedonly Output only pixels that are corrected versions of illegal pixels. Output black in place of pixels that are already legal. SEE ALSO
ppm(5), ppmdepth(1), ppmdim(1), ppmbrighten(1) AUTHOR
Wes Barris, Minnesota Supercomputer Center, Inc., Bryan Henderson 4th Berkeley Distribution April 19, 2000 PPMNTSC(1)