Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help on X Window service
Operating Systems Solaris Help on X Window service Post 302342858 by DukeNuke2 on Tuesday 11th of August 2009 01:49:36 AM
Old 08-11-2009
so what are the dependend services for your service? they can be listed with "svcs -d/-D fmri".
you should find X11 in the output of "svcs -d fmri" for your service.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

window 2000 professional not pinging my window 98 system.

Hello, We someone help me resolve this problem. I have window 2000 professional, windows 98 and Unixware 7.0.1 on the network. I was able to establish connection with all. However, l was unable to ping window 98 from window 2000 professional. I was able to ping the window 2000 from the window... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
10 Replies

2. Red Hat

Maximizing X window without Window Switcher

Hi everyone! I have a strange situation. I'm running an NX remote Gnome desktop session. On the remote machine, there is a whole load of unsaved data in a window. A problem that I've been having with this NX session is that I can't load Gnome Applets, including the Window Switcher. So.. when I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexandicity
0 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris samba configuration without wins service from authentication window server/Active directory

Hi All, We are using solaris samba server for our company project to provide access to code to our development team.Recently our ICT has disabled wins service on Active directory due which user are not able to connect to samba share and they are getting error "No logon server available" as samba... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahil_shine
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Toggle between xterm window and standard terminal window

Is it possible to toggle back and forth between an xterm invoked from one tty, and a shell invoked from a different tty? I am running Centos 7 with KDE and booting in non-graphic mode. After logging in on the default window (/dev/tty1) , I can then use ALT-F2 to access a new window (/dev/tty2),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhgscty
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Run one service after another service has finished - systemd

Hi all I would like to know how to run task2.service after task1.service has finished. task1.service has a timer (task1.timer), that makes it run every 5 minutes OnCalendar=*:0/5task2.service is basically a script, that has to work on the files created after task1 has finished. This is what I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guilliber
2 Replies
rpc.metamedd(1M)					  System Administration Commands					  rpc.metamedd(1M)

NAME
rpc.metamedd - remote mediator services SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/rpc.metamedd DESCRIPTION
rpc.metamedd is an rpc(4) server which is used to manage mediator information for use in 2-string HA configurations. The rpc.metamedd dae- mon is controlled by inetadm(1M). EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------------------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability SUNWmdu | |Interface Stability Evolving | +-----------------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), inetadm(1M), inetd(1M), svcadm(1M), rpc(4), services(4), attributes(5), smf(5) Sun Cluster documentation, NOTES
The rpc.metamedd service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/network/rpc/metamed:default Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). Responsibil- ity for initiating and restarting this service is delegated to inetd(1M). Use inetadm(1M) to make configuration changes and to view config- uration information for this service. The service's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. SunOS 5.11 4 Nov 2004 rpc.metamedd(1M)