Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting extract string from varying delimiter line Post 302342777 by rebelbuttmunch on Monday 10th of August 2009 05:57:38 PM
Old 08-10-2009
Fantastic. Dedicate that brain to science upon your demise, may it be far into the future. ! Smilie . It worked like a dream

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append tabs at the end of each line in NAWK -- varying fields

Hi, I need some help in knowing how I can append tabs at the end of each line... The data looks something like this: field1, field2, field3, field4 1 2 3 4 5 I have values in field1 and field 2 in the first row and I would like to append tab on field3 and field4 for the first row..and in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract a string value from the given line

Hi I have an input as follows: param1:value1|param2:value2|param3:value3|param4:value4|param5:value5 where, "|" and ":" are delimiters Now suppose, I want to extract the value corresponding to "param4", i.e. "value4" in this case. In case we use awk, I want to use the value in shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gaurav_1711
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract a string from a file ignoring new line

Hi, sumdays before i had posted a query with same subject. i got sum great help from great ppl which solved my problem then. But now there is a small problem with the code that i need the experts help upon. for parsing a text like this where $ had been the delimiter between... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_kb211
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl REGEX - How do extract a string in a line?

Hi Guys, In the following line: cn=portal.090710.191533.428571000,cn=groups,dc=mp,dc=rj,dc=gov,dc=br I need to extract this string: portal.090710.191533.428571000 As you can see this string always will be bettween "cn=" and "," strings. Someone know one regular expression to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick-ski
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search for a string without fixed delimiter in the line

Hi Need your help to assign the string to a variable from a line which has no fixed delimter in unix. for example , my file contains Name="report"" File Name one="test1" File Name two="test2" now how do I read report , test1 and test2 ? var1=report var2=test1 var3=test2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rashmisb
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a string from a line

Hiee all Can anyone tell me how to extract a string from a given line. STAPISDK_RELEASE_32_BL012_2011_JAN_25.1597 I want to extract BL012 from above. as 102 keeps on changing i want smthing like that it extract BL and 102 extrct by its own. Thankx guyzz (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhijtr
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract text from STRING to end of line?

Hi I have a very large data file with several hundred columns and millions of lines. The important data is in the last set of columns with variable numbers of tab delimited fields in front of it on each line. Im currently trying sed to get the data out - I want anything beetween :RES and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manchesterpaul
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract string between two delimiter

I want a string between two delimeter like ( ) from file. Input File, 2007_08_07_IA-0100-014_(January).PDF 2007_08_07_IA-0100-031_(January February March April June July).PDF 2008-02-28_KR-1022-003_(January febuary march april may).CSV Output File, January January February... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik Majithia
19 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract work in line string.?

Hello all, Soon I will be receiving a new file. I've asked the source system to put "TRAILER.1+0000007+1" for the trailer to indicate full receipt of file. I need to know how to separate TRAILER so I can use it in a if statement. I used the tail command but not sure how to incorporate awk or... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pone2332
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract a portion of string from each line in Linux

Hi I have to extract the destination path information from each record the file is of variable length so I will not be able to use the print command.The search should start on variable "destinationPath" and it should end at immediate "," also the first field has to be printed Input File:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkakitapalli
7 Replies
ESPDIFF(6)							     Man pages								ESPDIFF(6)

NAME
espdiff - apply the appropriate transformation to a set of patches SYNOPSIS
espdiff [--deep-brainwave-mode] [--recurse] [--compare] [file...] espdiff {[--help] | [--version]} DESCRIPTION
espdiff applies the appropriate transformation to a patch or set of patches, depending on what you intend to accomplish. The input patches must be "clean": in other words they must apply without fuzz or offsets in whichever order they are meant to be applied. The exception is if you intend espdiff to clean them for you (good luck). You may find it useful to cross your fingers while the program performs its task, or to screw your eyes tight shut while imagining it doing the right thing. OPTIONS
--deep-brainwave-mode Probes your brain deeply in a manner that takes longer, but produces better extra sensory results. --recurse Recurses neural pathways throughout all parts of the brain, in some cases determining code changes you might make far off in the future. You may feel a gentle tickling sensation when using this option. --compare Allows the program to scan the current directory examining existing patches to determine areas of code you are likely to change again, and concentrating on these areas more closely. --help Display a short usage message. --version Display the version number of espdiff. LIMITATIONS
Do not use this program while sleep-walking, or before your first cup of coffee. There are some cases in which it is not possible to determine what the intention of the user is. In these cases, you should construct the output you desire using an editor, and send the input files together with the desired output file to Tim Waugh twaugh@redhat.com asking for a new diff tool. AUTHORS
Tim Waugh <twaugh@redhat.com> Package maintainer Mike Harris <mharris@redhat.com> Conceptual designer patchutils 5 March 2003 ESPDIFF(6)