Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris df error for lofs file system in local zone. Post 302340481 by fugitive on Monday 3rd of August 2009 01:47:24 PM
Old 08-03-2009
ok so u mean to say that if i have to add /oradba/newfs as LOFS into zone ... i don't require a reboot ? are you sure ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to mount a file system of a remote machine to local file system

Hi friends, In my case, there are serveral PCs running Linux in a LAN. I would like to to mount the directory /A_river of machine-A to the file system of another machine machine-B so that I can access files in that directory. I do not know how to do this. The situation is complicated by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Not able to ping global zone from local zone

Hi Gurus I am not able to ping the local zone from global zone when i am trying to ping i am getting below ICMP Host Unreachable from gateway zone ( 192.268.35.210) for icmp from zone ( 192.168.35.210) to sun1 ( 192.168.35.210) However i can ping local zone from global please... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
12 Replies

3. Solaris

LOFS file system

Hi All, Can you please help me in understanding the lofs file system or point me towards some link which can help ? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
1 Replies

4. Solaris

/etc/system file in solaris Zone

Hi All, I am just new to the sun Solaris zone server. In the zone server the /etc/system file is missing. Please let me know what they are using instead of system file in Zone server. Please help me in this L Regards, Kalai (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Global zone name from local zone

How to check the global zone name from local zone. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Covert Global zone to local zone

Dears, I would like to convert solaris 10 x86 and solaris 10 sparc (Global Zones) physical servers into Local zones. i found a document which seems to be helpful but i'm stuck @ the 1st step. to test this i want to do it 1st on x86 system running under vmware ESXi and if it succeeds i will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mduweik
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Obtaining system serial number from local zone

Hi, I need to install a license key for synergy which requires the server's serial number to be provided but since I'm installing it on a local zone, would the installation work? :wall: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomas_j
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris zones - checking processes and lofs file system

Hi all, q1) If i am in a global-zone, is there any command or anyway to check if a particular process in "ps -ef" output is running in which zone ? q2) if i have created and mount a lofs filesystem/mountpoint for my non-global zone, can i say the following e.g. /dev/md/dsk/d60 /data --... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javanoob
1 Replies

9. Solaris

LOFS in Solaris zone, privileges

Hi all Can i check, if I have a lofs filesystem in my local zone (myzone) for - e.g. global-zone -> /db/myzone (/dev/dsk/c0t0d0s6 ufs) myzone-> /myzone (lofs filesystem) zonecfg -z myzone (add fs set dir=/myzone set special=/db/myzone set type=lofs )q1) If I have install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
0 Replies
REBOOT(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 REBOOT(8)

NAME
reboot - reboot the system immediately SYNOPSIS
reboot [-f] DESCRIPTION
Reboot can be used to reboot the system after installing a new kernel. It does not inform the users, but does log it's actions in /usr/adm/wtmp and /usr/adm/authlog. The system is then rebooted with the reboot(2) systemcall. If the -f flag is not given then all processes are sent terminate signals to give them a chance to die peacefully before the reboot() call. If the wtmp file exists, reboot logs itself as if it were a shutdown. This is done to prevent last(1) from talking about system-crashes. Reboot is registered as is in the authlog file. Reboot can only be executed by the super-user. Any other caller will be refused, either by reboot(8) or by reboot(2). SEE ALSO
reboot(2), shutdown(8), halt(8), boot(8). BUGS
The error message's given by reboot are not always useful. There are several routines that can fail, but which are not fatal for the pro- gram. AUTHOR
Edvard Tuinder (v892231@si.hhs.NL) REBOOT(8)