Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Free UNIX account with installation privileges or install Ubuntu Post 302336551 by abovais on Wednesday 22nd of July 2009 10:54:27 AM
Old 07-22-2009
Can I have an user account too please!

Hi Action,
Can I have a shell account at your system.
My yahoo id is ovais_sag
Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I get a Free Shell Account?

I am new to UNIX and am interested to practice on a Shell account with some basic Unix installed, does anyone know of a free or cheap shell account? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shneurg
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Free shell account from work office

How do I get a freeshell account from my office @ work? I've tried sdf.lonestar.org with no luck. Tha Geek (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: geek757
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

su to account only with read privileges

Hello is there any possibility to su - foo but only with read privileges , even that there is no privileges set in the "foo" account thanks allot (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regular account but with more privileges

I have 3 simple and regular accounts the privileges are ordinary They can't execute or write to differed account but can read from each other I will like to turn one of the accounts to be able to copy files to other account But not able to delete any file in other account only copy files ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

5. SCO

Installation steps (request how to install UNIX)

Hello hey ppl I wanna use Unix SCO, and I have a Unix SCO 5.05 bootable CD. Now plz can any one help me or guide me the steps of Unix installation. I want to install myself so plz If anyone experts in Unix installation & knows simple configuration... so plz mail me or reply me here , step by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohsin
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Would like to install x86 desktop Ubuntu over AMD64 Ubuntu server

My intention was to build a dual boot XP Pro 64 and Ubuntu media server. I had installed the AMD64 version of Ubuntu 8.10 server and thought that I would be able to install Apache server. I need a GUI to work in. I tried to boot and install Mythbuntu 32 bit 8.10, but my machine now won't recognize... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: docflyboy
0 Replies

7. Solaris

lynx installation! Anyone install this on unix?

Hi, I have problem installing lynx, after running the ./confiure, run the make install, but it come back and says can't locate lynx. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Free shell account for UNIX.

Hi I want to practice UNIX on my computer. I need a free shell account.. tcsh - in specific .. anyone who can help? thanks in advance I googled it on the web- but was unable to download.. after clicking on each link.. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: swathi123
8 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Installation??? How to install Ubuntu on windows 7

guys tell me steps to install ubunto of linux kali over windows 7 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roshan4u
0 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Re-install Ubuntu 14.04 from system with Ubuntu on it

I need to re-install ubuntu on a system with ubuntu 14.04 already installed. I have the cd but can not seem to boot from it or find the installer. Is there a way to re-install from the command line or how do I do a fresh re-install? Thank you :) ---------- Post updated at 10:13 AM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
CHSH(1) 							   User Commands							   CHSH(1)

NAME
chsh - change login shell SYNOPSIS
chsh [options] [LOGIN] DESCRIPTION
The chsh command changes the user login shell. This determines the name of the user's initial login command. A normal user may only change the login shell for her own account; the superuser may change the login shell for any account. OPTIONS
The options which apply to the chsh command are: -h, --help Display help message and exit. -R, --root CHROOT_DIR Apply changes in the CHROOT_DIR directory and use the configuration files from the CHROOT_DIR directory. -s, --shell SHELL The name of the user's new login shell. Setting this field to blank causes the system to select the default login shell. If the -s option is not selected, chsh operates in an interactive fashion, prompting the user with the current login shell. Enter the new value to change the shell, or leave the line blank to use the current one. The current shell is displayed between a pair of [ ] marks. NOTE
The only restriction placed on the login shell is that the command name must be listed in /etc/shells, unless the invoker is the superuser, and then any value may be added. An account with a restricted login shell may not change her login shell. For this reason, placing /bin/rsh in /etc/shells is discouraged since accidentally changing to a restricted shell would prevent the user from ever changing her login shell back to its original value. FILES
/etc/passwd User account information. /etc/shells List of valid login shells. /etc/login.defs Shadow password suite configuration. SEE ALSO
chfn(1), login.defs(5), passwd(5). shadow-utils 4.5 01/25/2018 CHSH(1)