Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: NetBSD on VirtualBox
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Virtualization and Cloud Computing NetBSD on VirtualBox Post 302334832 by Sergiu-IT on Thursday 16th of July 2009 03:23:53 PM
Old 07-16-2009
Thanks for your answer, Nitin!

I disabled ACPI. IO APIC was already disabled. Unfortunately the "Enable VT-x/AMD-V" options is not active. It still doesn't work. I guess that my CPU doesn't support this option. Could this be the problem? I installed other operating systems and it installed without any problem - Ubuntu, CentOS, FreeBSD, OpenSolaris, Windows XP.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

NetBSD Troubles

HI, I just installed NetBSD i386 v. latest. I am having a few problems: For some reason X just won't start!? Another is I can't access My CDROM or Floppy. Thanks in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertigo
3 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Starting X in NetBSD

Hi I have NetBSD and i am having a trouble Starting X. It keeps asking me for the config file and I run the text confing file but it messes up. I really want to be able to run the Graphical Setup. I read about the Graphical setup from a book but they didn't tell how to start it. help please!? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertigo
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bash in netbsd

i recently downloaded and installed bash on my netbsd box (1.5.2) and set my shell and my root shell using user mod to change the shell, command executed under root. bash is installed from my user home directory (home/joe) and i moved the bash executable to /bin/ and everything is fine, except i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
6 Replies

4. BSD

NetBSD Ports

They put NetBSD on a Dreamcast. Thats just awesome. What can't they put it on!? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Phobos
1 Replies

5. BSD

netbsd

i have install netbsd but don't have gui?what happen?i want to a mount external usb hard drive but failure?what should i do? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibnusina202003
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

netbsd

which better freebsd and netbsd for server unix (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: salehudinayubi
0 Replies

7. BSD

NetBSD on OLD laptop

I want to install NetBSD on the Compaq LTE 5000. ("Of course it runs NetBSD!!") But the laptop does NOT have a CD-ROM drive. How can I solve?? Thanks for any reply! :) PS: I hope i'm posting in the right item... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
2 Replies
CPU_ELAN(4)						 BSD/i386 Kernel Interfaces Manual					       CPU_ELAN(4)

NAME
CPU_ELAN -- AMD Elan 520 CPU support SYNOPSIS
options CPU_ELAN options CPU_ELAN_PPS options CPU_ELAN_XTAL machdep.elan_gpio_config machdep.elan_freq options CPU_SOEKRIS DESCRIPTION
The options CPU_ELAN enables support for the AMD Elan 520 CPU. A device /dev/elan-mmcr exports the MMCR register bank to userland using mmap(2). The i8254 timer will be adjusted to the slightly unorthodox frequency 1189161 Hz (32768 * 45 * 25 / 31) employed by the Elan. A timecounter named ``ELAN'' is implemented using the general purpose timer 2, but it will not be usable unless HZ is configured at 150 or higher. This timecounter is much better than the ``i8254'' timecounter and should be used at all times. The machdep.elan_gpio_config sysctl(8) variable enables configuration of the GPIO pins of the CPU. The string must be exactly 32 characters long. A '-' means the GPIO is unavailable. A 'l' (lower-case ell) configures a led(4) device (active low). A 'L' configures a led(4) device (active high). A '.' means no configuration for this GPIO. These led(4) devices will be named /dev/led/gpio%d. For meaning of 'P', 'e' and 'E', see under options CPU_ELAN_PPS. The options CPU_ELAN_XTAL and the machdep.elan_freq sysctl(8) variable can be used to set the CPU clock crystal frequency in Hz. The default is 33333333 Hz. The options CPU_ELAN_PPS enables precision timestamping using the RFC2783 PPS-API via the /dev/elan-mmcr device. The resolution will be approximately 125 nsec and the precision +- 125 nsec. (For 125 nsec read ``4 / CPU clock crystal frequency''.) The input signal must be connected to the TMR1IN pin and a GPIO pin. The GPIO pin must be configured with a 'P' in machdep.elan_gpio_config. In addition, one GPIO pin can be configured with either 'e' (active low) or 'E' (active high) to become a ``echo'' output of the input sig- nal. Please notice that this signal is not suitable for calibration. If the options CPU_SOEKRIS is given, the support will additionally be tailored to the Soekris Engineering 45xx series of embedded computers. The ``error'' led will be configured (as /dev/led/error) and the GPIO pins which are not available will be disabled. SEE ALSO
led(4), sysctl(8) HISTORY
The CPU_ELAN code first appeared in FreeBSD 4.7. AUTHORS
Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@FreeBSD.org> BSD
November 23, 2003 BSD