Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to cut the first word in Message Text Post 302334286 by kshji on Wednesday 15th of July 2009 06:54:38 AM
Old 07-15-2009
somecmd | ./htmloutput cgi
or
somecmd | ./htmloutput > some.html

Code:
#!/bin/ksh
#htmloutput
linetemplate()
{
cat <<EOF
<tr><td>$1</td><td>$2</td><td>$3</td></tr>
EOF
}

###MAIN###
header=""
[ "$1" = "cgi" ] && header="Content-type: text/html"
cat <<EOF
$header

<html>
<body>
<table>
EOF

oifs="$IFS"
while read line
do
     IFS=","
     linetemplate $line
     IFS="$oifs"
done

cat <<EOF
</table>
</body>
</html>
EOF

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can a shell script pull the first word (or nth word) off each line of a text file?

Greetings. I am struggling with a shell script to make my life simpler, with a number of practical ways in which it could be used. I want to take a standard text file, and pull the 'n'th word from each line such as the first word from a text file. I'm struggling to see how each line can be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricky
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

blink a text/message in a ksh script

can anyone tell me how to bink a text in a ksh script for e,g file 1 #!/bin/ksh "this is my file" ----------------------------------------------- i want "this is my file" text to blink.thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mutt - Word Document or Formatted text as a Message

Hi, I am writing a mailing script by using mutt command. I that i have facing a issues. because, i want to send Some Formatted text as the mail message. but, i try to send the Word Document file as the Mail message. it shows some junk characters in the mail. :confused:I think the mutt command is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krsenkumar
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to cut a word from the file

hi to all i wrote a script to cut a word from the file....that works only if the word is fixed field. example.. sed -n '1p'|awk '{ print $2 }'|cut -d '(' -f2|sed 's/(//'|sed 's/)//'|sed 's/"//g' filename i know that word is starting with "app" then "(" ----> ex: app("xxxx"). it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honeym210
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to cut first line only from a text near a specific column without cutting a word

First I have to say thank you to this community and this forum. You helped me very much builing several useful scripts. Now, I can't get a solution the following problem, I'm stuck somehow. Maybe someone has an idea. In short, I dump a site via lynx and pipe the output in a file. I need to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help need to cut the first word of a line in text file

Hi All, I would like help with a script which can get rid of the first work of all lines in text file. File 1 The name is Scott. Output : name is Scott ---------- Post updated at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:37 PM ---------- Hi ALL There is typo error in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubbly
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BASH script that sends text message or email

Hi, I have a BASH shell script that batch processes data. I often start this script before I leave to go home for the day, and leave it processing over night. It has come to my attention that it would be very useful for me to add the capability of making the script notify me about certain things... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to add text before the first word on a line in a textfile.

How can i make a script to add text before the first word on a line in a textfile : Example: Old line: is my place New line: this is my place Please use and tags when posting code, data or logs etc. to preserve formatting and enhance readability, thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjanssen
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a word from a text file into shell script

Hi, I am new to shell programming.I need to write a script that would accept a word from each line fo an input text file.Can anyone help me with this?Exact requirement: word1 word2 word3 (separated by space) .Now I need word3 from each such line in the text file. Thanks in Advance, Manish (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish007
3 Replies
BZEXE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  BZEXE(1)

NAME
bzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
bzexe [ name ... ] DESCRIPTION
The bzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``bzexe /bin/cat'' it will create the following two files: -r-xr-xr-x 1 root bin 9644 Feb 11 11:16 /bin/cat -r-xr-xr-x 1 bin bin 24576 Nov 23 13:21 /bin/cat~ /bin/cat~ is the original file and /bin/cat is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /bin/cat~ once you are sure that /bin/cat works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
bzip2(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some other utilities (tail, chmod, ln, sleep). BUGS
bzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. BZEXE(1)