Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Number of process per user session Post 302333469 by kumarmani on Monday 13th of July 2009 06:52:19 AM
Old 07-13-2009
Number of process per user session

Hi All,

Do we have any option through which we can limit the number of process which can be started by single user session.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

User login session

Having a problem on AIX 4.3.3 with the following error when more than 2 users try and sign onto the server. 3004-312 All available login sessions are in use. ???? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Docboyeee
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

tracing a user's session

hi, does anyone knows how to trace a user session on a unix system: i want to log these things 1- login 2- date of starting session 3- date of closing session i've tryed who and last but they don't give closing time of session regards hmaiida (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmaiida
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting a user session

I logged on yesterday and ran something that made my ID hang. I X'd out of the session and then logged on again and my ID from the original session is still there. I checked again this morning and the ID is still there (I checked using the WHO command). How can I kill that first session using... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbrubaker
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

starting a bash session as child process to another bash session from a process

Hi I want to do something that might sound strange. I have a code that in written in C and is executed at startup (it's a custom process). It occasionally calls some bash scripts. The process doesn't have any terminal associated with it. One thing I don't know how to do is to start a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alirezan
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

attach process from another ssh session

Hi, I was logged in on a server, by ssh, with a vim open, when the battery of my laptop got empty. When I return to the server by ssh, I can see my previous ssh session still open, and the vim process running (ttyp0). Is there a way to attach that vim to my new session (ttyp4)? Here's part... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raphinou
2 Replies

6. AIX

user session restriction

hi, I am facing a problem from the remote system if i login to my AIX5.3 machine as root (thru telnet) the session does not expire for 2 hours even if the session is kept ideal But whenever i do the same thing from some other user then the session is lost within 10 minutes (if session is kept... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchangba
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Kill Process(number of process) Unix/Solaris

Hi Experts, we do have a shell script for Unix Solaris, which will kill all the process manullay, it used to work in my previous env, but now it is throwing this error.. could some one please help me to resolve it This is how we execute the script (and this is the requirement) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnyvic
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Session independent process

Hi i am trying to run a report which takes approx 5 hours to complete so what i did i put that reporting command in background and then this reporting process started executed in background but the problem is when i close that session that background job lost :( .... please help me that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
3 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Nohup process getting killed after closing PUTTY session

I am running a process in nohup . nohup getkeys.ksh 132 > 132.out & When I close the putty terminal,The process is getting killed . default_signal_handler called for signal no: 1 Is there a way to keep the process running even If I close the terminal (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recorder number of process per user

Hello Team, I would like to use a shell script that run each 15 minutes in order to recorder the number of process per user I request your help in order to build an awk script under Solaris from the following command or similar: ps -fea -o user | sort | uniq -c | sort -k 2 648 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csierra
3 Replies
setsid(2)							   System Calls 							 setsid(2)

NAME
setsid - create session and set process group ID SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <unistd.h> pid_t setsid(void); DESCRIPTION
The setsid() function creates a new session, if the calling process is not a process group leader. Upon return the calling process will be the session leader of this new session, will be the process group leader of a new process group, and will have no controlling terminal. The process group ID of the calling process will be set equal to the process ID of the calling process. The calling process will be the only process in the new process group and the only process in the new session. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, setsid() returns the value of the process group ID of the calling process. Otherwise it returns (pid_t)-1 and sets errno to indicate the error. ERRORS
The setsid() function will fail if: EPERM The calling process is already a process group leader, or the process group ID of a process other than the calling process matches the process ID of the calling process. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Async-Signal-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
getsid(2), setpgid(2), setpgrp(2), attributes(5), standards(5) WARNINGS
A call to setsid() by a process that is a process group leader will fail. A process can become a process group leader by being the last member of a pipeline started by a job control shell. Thus, a process that expects to be part of a pipeline, and that calls setsid(), should always first fork; the parent should exit and the child should call setsid(). This will ensure that the calling process will work reliably when started by both job control shells and non-job control shells. SunOS 5.10 21 Aug 2002 setsid(2)