Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Intermittent problem reading from an input file. Post 302332673 by sighK on Thursday 9th of July 2009 08:59:23 PM
Old 07-09-2009
resolve

#!/bin/ksh
C="/apps/scripts/Test/"
cd $C
b="username"
c="password"
d="enablepassword"
ulimit -nS 1024

mainloop(){
while read ROUTER EIGRPNEI PROBLEMCOUNT
do
${C}report.exp $ROUTER $b $c $d > ${C}${ROUTER}.txt 2>/dev/null &
done < ${C}sourcefile
wait

}

while read line; do
cat<<EOF|grep -v -e "#"|mainloop
$line
EOF
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help reading an input file in KSH

First I' d like to say you guys are awesome. :) I have a word document that I cut and paste into Textpad and it removed all the fancy formatting which is fine with me. I WinScp'd it to the box and and called it inputfile.txt. Opened it in vi and don't see any special characters or stuff that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zilla30066
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP Problem (Intermittent)

I am having problem with ftp not indicating any error, but my customer is complaining that their response file is not present on their machine. This only happens a couple of times a day. Is there a debugging option I can turn on to the trace the ftp command. I have a return code displayed and it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rob11g
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Intermittent Connection and Samba problem

Hi all , I just installed a Solaris10 on x86 machine , running on vmware . I was able to telnet from my local machine to the solaris ( the one running on the vmware) , but the connection was pretty slow and intermittent . Is there any setting that I should customize to ensure the telnet... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: osca7578
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading input from a file

I am trying to read input for a C program (that expects input from the user) from a file using the shell command: progname < filename but it seems that the program considers the char '<' as the first input, hence causing an "error" in my program. I checked it with another program and it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nadbar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading specific contents from 1 input files and appending it to another input file

Hi guys, I am new to AWK and unix scripting. Please see below my problem and let me know if anyone you can help. I have 2 input files (example given below) Input file 2 is a standard file (it will not change) and we have to get the name (second column after comma) from it and append it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sksahu
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SH] Problem reading input in script

Alright, so the goal of my script is to read text from standard input and store it into a file using the ex-editor: so far i've got this, but it doesn't work. #!/bin/s read text ex $1 >> HERE text HERE I don't get any errors either, so i don't know what i'm doing wrong. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bertieboy7
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help in reading the date from the input file name

Hi, I need to read the date from the input file. The format of the input file is as follows: a_b_c_yyyymmdd.txt I need to read the date(yyyymmdd) part from the name of the input file. Would really appreciate if someone can help me in this regard Thanks a lot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sunny_teotia
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in reading the input value

echo "Enter the Value : " read value sed '1s:\(.\{6\}\)\(.\{4\}\):\1'$value':' flextran$RUN_DATE-completed.txt > temp.txt mv temp.txt flextran$RUN_DATE-completed.txt on the run time after entering the input value it waits for keystroke and the values is not input to the function The output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rammm
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading user input...problem with tab key

Hi all, I have a little problem with my shell script (reading user input, save user input to variable, invisible characters in the log file :() printf "1. What's your file path?" /path/to/my/file read -e FILE I have invisible characters in my log file (e.g. <ESC> or ^G) when I'm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: splendid
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User input while reading from a file

I am not able to capture the user input in this script(bash).There is prompt for user input.Could some one help me capture user input while reading afile? while read line do echo "$i" path1=$line path2=`echo $line|sed s/new_dir/old_dir/` echo "Do you want to replace?";... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: parijat guh
4 Replies
BZEXE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  BZEXE(1)

NAME
bzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
bzexe [ name ... ] DESCRIPTION
The bzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``bzexe /bin/cat'' it will create the following two files: -r-xr-xr-x 1 root bin 9644 Feb 11 11:16 /bin/cat -r-xr-xr-x 1 bin bin 24576 Nov 23 13:21 /bin/cat~ /bin/cat~ is the original file and /bin/cat is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /bin/cat~ once you are sure that /bin/cat works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
bzip2(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some other utilities (tail, chmod, ln, sleep). BUGS
bzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. BZEXE(1)