Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX export command is not working in AIX5.3 Post 302332580 by methyl on Thursday 9th of July 2009 01:39:12 PM
Old 07-09-2009
If you want to place environment variables into the environment and see them after the script has finished, prefix the script name with dot-space.

Code:
. ./scriptname

Or

. /my/full/path/scriptname

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export Query not Working in Shell

I am exporting data using a shell program. I am getting all of the records instead of getting a subset based on my query. The export_problem.par lists all of my tables. I tried the query with the ' and without it. How do I get the export to use the query? Thanks! ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GEBRAUN
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed Command : Parse parameter file / send the lines to the ksh export command

Sorry for the duplicate thread this one is similar to the one in https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/88132-awk-sed-script-read-values-parameter-files.html#post302255121 Since there were no responses on the parent thread since it got resolved partially i thought to open the new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
4 Replies

3. AIX

How to upgrade AIX5.3TL6-07 to AIX5.3TL8-04?

Hello All, After creating lpp_source/spot from AIX 5.3TL6-07 DVD on the NIM(AIX6.1), I went online and download the fix pack for reaching TL8-04. (it was less than 200Mgegs total) then I did define a newer lpp_source530TL8-04 via a copy from the older lpp_source530TL6-07 (I diduse a command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangers
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export Command

Hello All, I am transferring a file from one server to another server. File name is stored as Wip_DD-MM-YY .i.e if we run the program today the file is stored as Wip_18-FEB-09.txt. This file i need to transfer. My question is how do we assign the this filename to a variable. i treid in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chpraveen_862
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

export not working in Bash shell

Hi Friends, I am presently migrating shell scripts writter in KSH to SH.I am stuck at this place and i am not able to find a work around:- Let the script name is x.sh Below are some of the codes in it... export abc=hello export abc=hi export abc=how When i am trying to compile the script ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit.behera
6 Replies

6. Solaris

nfs export not working at boot

we have a Solaris 8 nfs server that exported two shares. entries are in /etc/dfs/dfstab. clients have been accessing these shares for several years. we just rebooted this nfs server and noticed that no share gets exported. I don't see relevant messages from dmsg nor messages file, is there... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalite19
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

When i am trying to execute export command within a shell script it is saying command not found.

I am running the export command within a view to use that value inside my build script. But while executing it it is saying "export command not found" My code is as follows: -------------------------- #!/bin/sh user="test" DIR="/bldtmp/"$user VIEW="test.view1" echo "TMPDIR before export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchoudhury
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

export of a variable isn't working

Hi I want export input data ... echo "month: " read m export m=$m also export m is not working ? the month-variable should be exportet for the use in other scripts, but it is not working like this. What i'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance! IMPe (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
10 Replies

9. AIX

ZIP is not working in aix5.3

I am trying zip a file in a aix and getting error below #zip -P welcome test.zip test.csv zip error: Invalid command arguments (encryption not supported) Myos details are 5300-04-03 RPM installed are --- $ rpm -q zip zip-2.3-3 Please help me to resovel this. Please use code... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkataraju
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

export variable not working after su

I have a requirement to change user inside a shell script and execute group of commands. I have done it many times earlier but never came across the issue with exporting variables. Strangely if a var is exported afetr su, it is not working where as if it is does outside su, it works. Another issue... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasiharitha
8 Replies
service(8)						      System Manager's Manual							service(8)

NAME
service - run a System V init script SYNOPSIS
service SCRIPT COMMAND [OPTIONS] service --status-all service --help | -h | --version DESCRIPTION
service runs a System V init script in as predictable environment as possible, removing most environment variables and with current working directory set to /. The SCRIPT parameter specifies a System V init script, located in /etc/init.d/SCRIPT. The supported values of COMMAND depend on the invoked script, service passes COMMAND and OPTIONS it to the init script unmodified. All scripts should support at least the start and stop commands. As a special case, if COMMAND is --full-restart, the script is run twice, first with the stop command, then with the start command. service --status-all runs all init scripts, in alphabetical order, with the status command. EXIT CODES
service calls the init script and returns the status returned by it. FILES
/etc/init.d The directory containing System V init scripts. ENVIRONMENT
LANG, TERM The only environment variables passed to the init scripts. SEE ALSO
/etc/init.d/skeleton, update-rc.d(8), init(8), invoke-rc.d(8). Jan 2006 service(8)