Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to create a directory inside root as different user Post 302332022 by BubbaJoe on Wednesday 8th of July 2009 02:19:03 AM
Old 07-08-2009
post the output from the command

Code:

ls -l /opt/test

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create or modify user account to have same access as root

Is there a way to create or better yet modify a user account so it has the same privs as root? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xadamz23
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Other than root user .Normal user is unable to create files

Hi all, I am using Sun Solaris 9 .In this system normal users unable to create files from the command line.I added these users in bin,adm and even root group i found them unable to create a file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mallesh
1 Replies

3. AIX

create user like root

hello I would like to create another user like root With smit user, I have duplicate all the configuration from root to root2 (groupe, secondary group, administrative, etc...) But when I connect with root2, i don't go to all directory: "permission denied !" I don't understand where is the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create a file inside a directory

create a file inside a directory in one command like current directory is root i want to create a directory inside root and a file inside that directory is there any command like touch /d/d.txt d directory does not exist (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhisheklodha13
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Create script to add user and create directory

first off let me introduce myself. My name is Eric and I am new to linux, I am taking an advanced linux administration class and we are tasked with creating a script to add new users that anyone can run, has to check for the existence of a directory. if the directory does not exist then it has... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbhound
12 Replies

6. Solaris

Unable to create or delete a directory in /usr with root user

Hi All, I am trying to uninstall jdk 1.5 from my Solaris 10 64 bit but some how was not successful.so tried to delete the folder of jdk from /usr but its throughing error as: Unable to remove directory jdk: Read-only file system Even I tried to create a dir in /usr but its not allowing me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pshah
4 Replies

7. AIX

How to create a user as a root

please give me any suggestion, how can i create user as root privilege. (please give me very safest way because i have production servers) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: reply.ravi
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create user with sudo ability to root.

Hi All, I need to give an user sudo ability to root. We have also generated RSA key but unable to proceed further. For example after a user logs into the server normally and when he executes below command $ssh root@server_name This should take you to root prompt # Please help me.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockyc3400
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a file even root user also cant delete?

Is there any way to create a file in linux that root user also can't delete? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: palani13dec
8 Replies

10. Solaris

SunOS confusing root directory and user home directory

Hello, I've just started using a Solaris machine with SunOS 5.10. After the machine is turned on, I open a Console window and at the prompt, if I execute a pwd command, it tells me I'm at my home directory (someone configured "myuser" as default user after init). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: egyassun
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)