Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl parsing question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl parsing question Post 302331991 by s_becker on Tuesday 7th of July 2009 09:00:30 PM
Old 07-07-2009
Perl parsing question

I need some help loading an array. I have two unique delimiters, but I keep running into recursion.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl 

$INFILE="/root/scripts/data.txt";
$pat1="SCRIPT####";
$pat2="SCRIPT#echo";

$flag=0;
$inc=0;
$chunk="";

open(INFILE,"<$INFILE")|| die;
while(<INFILE>) {
    if (/$pat1/ ... /$pat2/) {
        next if $_ =~ /$pat1/;
        next if $_ =~ /$pat2/;
        #print "$_";
        $chunk .= $_;
        }
        @parsed[$inc] = $chunk;
        $inc++;
}

I've tried this with nest if loops and moved the various components around.

Here is a snippet of the data

Code:
SCRIPT########################LIST_MODULES####################
lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by    Not tainted
tg3                    49952   2 
SCRIPT#echo 'Done.'
SCRIPT########################5.5 ACULAB####################
 grep insmod /usr/local/etc/init.d/aculab_driver
do_insmod() {
  /sbin/insmod /usr/local/src/aculab/install/dacpswcl.o numcards=1 bustype=1 'serialorder="0: 0"' irqnum=15 ioaddry=0x394
 memwindow=0xD000 dmach=0 'clconfig="0: "' 'swconfig="0: "' 'smconfig=""' 
    do_insmod
SCRIPT#echo 'Done.'

Any help is appreciated.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text parsing question

How would I split a file based on the location of a string, basically I want all entries above the string unix in this example 1 2 3 4 unix 5 6 7 Thanks, Chuck (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing question

Hi Guys, I was wondering if you could help me out - I have a directory /home/users/datafiles/ which contain files "dat dd-mm-yy.xls" I am trying to write a script which does the following - (1) loops through all the files (2) retrieves the dd-mm-yy string and converts it into a... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: muser
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl parsing compared to Ksh parsing

#! /usr/local/bin/perl -w $ip = "$ARGV"; $rw = "$ARGV"; $snmpg = "/usr/local/bin/snmpbulkget -v2c -Cn1 -Cn2 -Os -c $rw"; $snmpw = "/usr/local/bin/snmpwalk -Os -c $rw"; $syst=`$snmpg $ip system sysName sysObjectID`; sysDescr.0 = STRING: Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: popeye
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl question, parsing line by line

Hello, Im very new to PERL and as a project to work on developing my skills at PERL Im trying to parse poker hands. Ive tried many methods however I cant get the last step. $yourfile= 'FILENAME';#poker hands to parse open (FILE, "$yourfile") or die $!; @lines = <FILE>; for (@lines) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ek0
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing question.

Hi There, First time poster here. I've got a parsing question and have a solution but am sure there is a much better way of doing this with just awk. My knowledge of awk is pretty limited so hope someone out there can give me a better solution. Here's the problem, I'm receiving a file from a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: little_happosai
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script parsing Help

Hi All, I am looking for a parsing in perl script which will parse DJEČJI SVIJET. There is a unicode character above character C. How to parse the total DJEČJI SVIJET in perl. Regards, Harikrishna (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harikrishna
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing information in perl

So i'm trying to write a perl script that logins into a network switch via ssh: #sh ip traffic IP statistics: Rcvd: 1460119147 total, 563943377 local destination 0 format errors, 0 checksum errors, 48401998 bad hop count 0 unknown protocol, 8379279 not a gateway ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: streetfighter2
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

another parsing question

Input File Information about each HBA: HBA UID: 20:00:00:00:C9:9A:62:88:10:00:00:00:C9:9A:62:88 Server Name: 20:00:00:00:C9:9A:62:88:10:00:00:00:C9:9A:62:88 Server IP Address: UNKNOWN HBA Model Description: HBA Vendor Description: HBA Device Driver... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Perl parsing help required.

Hello, I got a file like this. 5201 5202 5203 5204 1234 2345 3456 4567 6210 6220 6230 6240 The required output should be 5201 1234 6210 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: suverman
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Another parsing question (awk)

Input File Name of the session: filesrv_quo snap Logical Units UID: 60:06:01:60:01:7B:25:00:C8:86:B0:CA:5B:A2:E0:11 Name of the session: verspn2_at_176_0218 snap Logical Units UID: Name of the session: DRT-ny-iadsql1-c_ny-iadsql2-c snap Logical Units UID: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
4 Replies
service(8)						      System Manager's Manual							service(8)

NAME
service - run a System V init script SYNOPSIS
service SCRIPT COMMAND [OPTIONS] service --status-all service --help | -h | --version DESCRIPTION
service runs a System V init script in as predictable environment as possible, removing most environment variables and with current working directory set to /. The SCRIPT parameter specifies a System V init script, located in /etc/init.d/SCRIPT. The supported values of COMMAND depend on the invoked script, service passes COMMAND and OPTIONS it to the init script unmodified. All scripts should support at least the start and stop commands. As a special case, if COMMAND is --full-restart, the script is run twice, first with the stop command, then with the start command. service --status-all runs all init scripts, in alphabetical order, with the status command. EXIT CODES
service calls the init script and returns the status returned by it. FILES
/etc/init.d The directory containing System V init scripts. ENVIRONMENT
LANG, TERM The only environment variables passed to the init scripts. SEE ALSO
/etc/init.d/skeleton, update-rc.d(8), init(8), invoke-rc.d(8). Jan 2006 service(8)