Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat RedHat Linux Automatic Updates Post 302331945 by s_linux on Tuesday 7th of July 2009 03:40:47 PM
Old 07-07-2009
First thing, we dont want to connect all my RHEl servers to the internet (RHN). Second thing we dont have RHN satilite server (do we need to buy seperate license?). so other option you are saying is create your own RHN catalog locally and can do more to manage your machines. what we need to for this? do we need to buy any license for it?

Since all these options seems to be messy and expensive, what other options we have to update RHEL servers except ZLM.

Thanks for info.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redhat linux 7.3

hi, just installed redhat linux 7.3 on my server, and put it in gnome gui. Does anyone know what software i need to run a web server??? and what software i need to set up a proxy to secure it? also, if these are free to download, can you give me the links. Thanx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: matt2kjones
2 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

RedHat Linux Cd

I am wondering if anyone has copies (or can burn me a copy) of RedHat Linux. I will pay shipping charges... I don't have a CD burner and i dont want to run it off of my hard drive... please email me at: empireinfo623@yahoo.com or baldwitm@muc.edu (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thedude623
5 Replies

3. Slackware

Redhat Linux?

Hi, I use linux and it is a great OS, I use Redhat Linux 9 and I was wondering are they going to update 9 or they'll be leaving that to the fedora project? I would like a stable linux distro. Thanks -n (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Insomniac
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redhat Linux?

I seen a pool that said Linux was the most popular Unix download. I then seen Redhat Linux is the most popular Linux download. Is there a difference? Is it the better program/s? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_Pinky
6 Replies

5. IP Networking

regarding tracking file updates on linux networking environment

could anyone Explain me with how the linux o/s keeps track of file updates in network environment? for example, assume that more than one computer is connected to network (with linux in all of them). if an user say 'X' logged into terminal 1 and created a file with the name of 'temp.txt'. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pjchoudary
1 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

regarding tracking file updates on linux networking environment

could anyone Explain me with how the linux o/s keeps track of file updates in network environment? for example, assume that more than one computer is connected to network (with linux in all of them). if an user say 'X' logged into terminal 1 and created a file with the name of 'temp.txt'. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pjchoudary
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

RedHat Updates

All, I'm updating my redhat servers by directly connecting to internet (redhat network). After I connecting to the internet, I see some packages in package updater.I'm trying to do update but its stucking up when it is starting updating the server. Any ideas. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
4 Replies

8. Programming

Automatic port selection using C in Linux?

Hi What would be the correct way to get the port number for a free port, using C in Linux? I've tried to create() and bind() a socket without specifying the port, and that seems to work in some cases (using gcc, and some Linux dist). When compiling with the Intel Icc64 compiler I suddenly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GeorgeCostanza
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Difference Redhat Linux/RH Enterprise Linux

what is the difference between Redhat Linux and Redhat Enterprise Linux. whereas Redhat linux have Server installation options too. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hananabbas
2 Replies
RHNREG_KS(8)							   Red Hat, Inc.						      RHNREG_KS(8)

NAME
rhnreg_ks - A program for non interactively registering systems to RHN Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. SYNOPSIS
rhnreg_ks [options] DESCRIPTION
rhnreg_ks is a utility for registering a system with the RHN Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. It is designed to be used in a non- interactive environment (a kickstart style install, for example). All the information can be specified on the command line or stdin. OPTIONS
--profilename Specify the profile name that should be used as an identifier for the system in RHN Satellite, Red Hat Network Classic --username The username to register the system with under RHN Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. This can be an existing RHN Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic username, or a new username. --password The password associated with the username specified with the --username option. This is an unencrypted password. --activationkey Specify/use a serial number to associate with the system. This is optional, but activation keys can really simplify the registration process. Learn more about activation keys in the online RHN documentation. --contactinfo This option has been deprecated. Please login to the server web user interface and update your contactinfo. --nohardware Do not probe or upload any hardware information. --nopackages Do not profile or upload any package information. --novirtinfo Do not profile or upload any virtualization information. --norhnsd Do not start rhnsd after completion. --force Register the system even if it has already been registered. --version Show the version of rhnreg_ks. --proxy Specify a HTTP proxy to use. --proxyUser Specify a username to use with an authenticated HTTP proxy. --proxyPassword Specify a password to use with an authenticated HTTP proxy. --sslCACert Specify a path to a SSL CA certificate to use. --serverUrl Specify a URL to as the server. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid The digital server ID for this machine if the system has been registered onto RHN Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. This file does not exist otherwise. /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date The common configuration file used by RHN client programs. EXAMPLES
Register a new system to Red Hat Network Classic: rhnreg_ks --profilename "example_profile_name" --username "someexampleuser" --password "foobar" Register a new system to Red Hat Network Classic with contact info: rhnreg_ks --profilename "example_profile_name" --username "someexampleuser" --password "foobar" --contactinfo < contactinfo where the file "contactinfo" contains data in the format: first_name: Billy last_name: Bob company: SomeCompanyName city: Springfield fax: 555-5555 phone: 555-5555 SEE ALSO
rhn_check(8), rhn_register(8), rhnsd(8), rhn-profile-sync(8), rhnplugin(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
See the AUTHORS file included with this software. This manual page was written by Adrian Likins <alikins@redhat.com> and James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2011 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2011 February 4 RHNREG_KS(8)