Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl Array Variables to be returned to main Post 302330358 by KevinADC on Wednesday 1st of July 2009 02:48:04 AM
Old 07-01-2009
Even though you start adding to the array at index 1, perl inserts index 0 before index 1.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: storing regex in array variables trouble

hi this is an example of code: use strict; use warnings; open FILE, "/tmp/result_2"; my $regex="\\ Starting program ver. (.*)"; my $res="Program started, version <$1> - OK.\n"; while (<FILE>) { if ($_ =~ /($regex)/) { print "$res"; } } close FILE; This finds $regex and print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xist
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

'who' command -- getting data returned into variables (in bash)

Anyone know how to get the data out of the "who" command? I'm still in lukewarm pursuit of creating an OS X-like welcome message at the start of any Terminal session, sans having to use either bash login or calling up ssh. My trials & errors and surfing around have narrowed it down for me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl, put one array into many array when field is equal to sth

Hi Everyone, #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; my @test=("a;b;qqq;c;d","a;b;ggg;c;d","a;b;qqq;c;d"); would like to split the @test array into two array: @test1=(("a;b;qqq;c;d","a;b;qqq;c;d"); and @test2=("a;b;ggg;c;d"); means search for 3rd filed. Thanks find the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl, searching multiple files and printing returned line to new file

I am trying to find a way to utilise the full potential of my cpu cores and memory on my windows machine. Now, I am quite familiar with grep, however, running a Unix based OS is not an option right now. Unfortunately, the 32 bit grep for windows that I am running, I cannot run multiple... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Moloch
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the main node name in xml using perl?

Hi, I am having an conf file like this: <Main> <NODE> <NODENAME>FRUITS</NODENAME> <NAME>APPLE</NAME> <COLOUR>RED</COLOUR> <NODE> <IsWrapper/> <NODENAME>SEASONAL</NODENAME> <NODE> <NAME>MANGO</NAME> <COLOUR>GREEN</COLOUR> </NODE> </NODE>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in separating variables declared in the main function

Hi! I've a C program as shown below.. The line numbers and the statements of the program are separated by a space.. 1 #include<stdio.h> 2 char a,b,c; 3 float x,y,z; 4 int main() 5 { 6 int d,e,f; 7 // further declarations 8 // further declarations 9 /* body*/ 10 } 11 void fun1() 12... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abk07
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL : Read an array and write to another array with intial string pattern checks

I have an array and two variables as below, I need to check if $datevar is present in $filename. If so, i need to replace $filename with the values in the array. I need the output inside an ARRAY How can this be done. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[ksh93+] Array fed by function is empty when used in main.

I feel that i am missing something obvious but i can't find what is wrong. I have a script that is launching some functions with "&" and each call is feeding the array with a value. When all calls are finished I just want to retrieve the values of that array. It is looking like that : ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bibou25
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: How to avoid warnings for superfluous values returned?

Hi all, a question for the Perl knowledgeable: I have use warnings; enabled. I use something like: ($sec,$min,$hour,$mday,$mon,$year,$wday,$yday,$isdst) = localtime(time); In the further code I only work with some of the returned variables, as the others I have no need for. Though the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zaxxon
1 Replies

10. Programming

PERL: In a perl-scripttTrying to execute another perl-script that SETS SOME VARIABLES !

I have reviewed many examples on-line about running another process (either PERL or shell command or a program), but do not find any usefull for my needs way. (Reviewed and not useful the system(), 'back ticks', exec() and open()) I would like to run another PERL-script from first one, not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
1 Replies
xpc_array_create(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 				       xpc_array_create(3)

NAME
xpc_array_create -- creation and management of XPC arrays SYNOPSIS
#include <xpc/xpc.h> xpc_object_t xpc_array_create(const xpc_object_t *objects, size_t count); void xpc_array_set_value(xpc_object_t array, size_t index, xpc_object_t value); void xpc_array_append_value(xpc_object_t array, xpc_object_t value); xpc_object_t xpc_array_get_value(xpc_object_t array, size_t index); size_t xpc_array_get_count(xpc_object_t array); bool xpc_array_apply(xpc_object_t array, xpc_array_applier_t applier); void xpc_array_set_bool(xpc_object_t array, size_t index, bool value); void xpc_array_set_int64(xpc_object_t array, size_t index, int64_t value); void xpc_array_set_uint64(xpc_object_t array, size_t index, uint64_t value); void xpc_array_set_double(xpc_object_t array, size_t index, double value); void xpc_array_set_date(xpc_object_t array, size_t index, int64_t value); void xpc_array_set_data(xpc_object_t array, size_t index, const void *bytes, size_t length); void xpc_array_set_string(xpc_object_t array, size_t index, const char *value); void xpc_array_set_uuid(xpc_object_t array, size_t index, const uuid_t value); void xpc_array_set_fd(xpc_object_t array, size_t index, int value); void xpc_array_set_connection(xpc_object_t array, size_t index, xpc_connection_t value); bool xpc_array_get_bool(xpc_object_t array, size_t index); int64_t xpc_array_get_int64(xpc_object_t array, size_t index); uint64_t xpc_array_get_uint64(xpc_object_t array, size_t index); double xpc_array_get_double(xpc_object_t array, size_t index); int64_t xpc_array_get_date(xpc_object_t array, size_t index); const void * xpc_array_get_data(xpc_object_t array, size_t index, size_t *length); const uint8_t * xpc_array_get_uuid(xpc_object_t array, size_t index); const char * xpc_array_get_string(xpc_object_t array, size_t index); int xpc_array_get_fd(xpc_object_t array, size_t index); xpc_connection_t xpc_array_get_connection(xpc_object_t array, size_t index); ARRAYS
XPC arrays are collections of XPC objects ordered by index. The index is zero-based. XPC arrays are contiguous, and values must exist at all indexes between zero and the greatest index of the array. A hole in the array can be simulated by using a null object as returned by xpc_null_create(3). CREATION
The xpc_array_create() function returns a newly created array. The caller may optionally provide objects, a C array of XPC object references, to initialize the array. The count is used to specify the size of the C array. If objects is NULL, then count must be zero. If count speci- fies more elements than are actually present in values or if values is NULL and count is non-zero, the behavior is undefined. GETTING AND SETTING VALUES
The xpc_array_append_value() function may be used to append a value to the end of an array. This operation increases the count of the values in the array by one. The value of a specific index in the array may be set using the xpc_array_set_value() function. The value must be non-NULL, and the index must already exist (i.e. less than the count provided at creation or extended through previous append operations). The value at a specific index of an array may be retrieved using the xpc_array_get_value() function. The result of getting a non-existing index (i.e. one that was not specified at creation or through a previous append operation) in undefined. PRIMITIVE GET AND SET FUNCTIONS
Various functions exist for retrieving primitive C and operating system types directly from an array without the need for an intermediate boxed object. See xpc_object(3) for more information. The special XPC_ARRAY_APPEND constant may be used to append a value to the end of the array instead of operating on a specific index. SEE ALSO
xpc_object(3), xpc_objects(3), xpc_dictionary_create(3) Darwin 1 July, 2011 Darwin