Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Send email for each row in a result set Post 302330196 by s1a2m3 on Tuesday 30th of June 2009 12:11:42 PM
Old 06-30-2009
No. I am pulling data from table directly. I want to send seprate email for every locked id to help desk for word order creation.
SQL below.

@@\.login_JDEDB.sql
set echo off
set verify off
set feed off term off
prompt ********************************************************
prompt Todays Date
prompt This SQL runs Daily to Display JDE Locked Out ID
set feedback on
set echo off head off feed off veri off trimspool on
spool /home/oracle/log/Daily_lockedout.log
set heading on;
set linesize 200;
Select sysdate From dual;
prompt "Following JDE System User Ids Locked Out"
Select SCUSER AS "User Id" FROM SYS7333.F98OWSEC
WHERE SCEUSER =02;
spool off
exit
Than follow script sends email for all user ids locked out. But I want one email per user.

#!/bin/sh
. /home/oracle/.cron_profile
#
export LOGDIR=/home/oracle/log
cd /home/oracle
#
sqlplus /nolog @/home/oracle/Daily_lockedout.sql
#
cat $LOGDIR/Daily_lockedout.log >>$LOGDIR/Daily_lockedout.all.log

mail -s "JDE User IDs Lockedout" help@abc.com < $LOGDIR/Daily_lockedout.log
mail -s "JDE User IDs Lockedout" support@abc.com < $LOGDIR/Daily_lockedout.log

Thanks for your help.

Akbar

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send one email with output result from 2 commands

Hi, i want to create a script which should do the following: 1) ping the remote servers and email the hosts which are down 2) netstat on port x on 2 server and email the result too. I want both results to be sent in the same email. I have few ideas but i can't finish it. Here... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varu0612
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending one email for every row as per sql result

I want to send email for every row comes out of following SQL statement thank you for your help. *****SQL STATEMENT****** Select SCUSER AS "USER IDS" , SCEUSER AS "LOCKED OUT" FROM SYS.7333.F98OWSEC; *******OUPUT COMES LIKE THIS AND ONE EMAIL COMES AS PER SCRIPT BELOW****** ******BUT... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: s1a2m3
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Send an email from Solaris using Linux email server

Hello everyone I have a problem and I need your help: I have a Solaris 10 and Solaris 8 UNIX Servers, and Linux Centos4 as email server. I need send an email from Solaris servers preferably using Centos4 email server. I have no mail service configured in my Solaris computers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aflores
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

new to ldap, send email to a ou or group, and see a list from email client

hi, i'm running openldap on ubuntu 10.04, creating new items with apache directory studio (windows version). i use the ldap just as an address book to our small office (email clients are windows live mail 2009, 2011, microsoft outlook 2007 and 2010). a. i cant see a list of the contacts,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: V4705
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two files on row by row and send the report

Comparing two files on row by row File1 ecount~100 dcount~200 ccount~300 zxcscount~5000 and so on. File2 ecount~100 dcount~203 ccount~300 zxcscount~5000 and so on. If i use diff command (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onesuri
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email based on row count

i have below code to count number of rows in file1.txt, if the row count is more than one then i have sending an email along with file1.txt attached and fail the process(do nothing if count is <=1), if I test individually count part works good but when i include the email part its not working,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srini_106
1 Replies

9. SuSE

Send outgoing email to my GroupWise email

Dear users, I have Linux server whose versions are Suse 10 SP 3 and Suse 11. I am trying to send email from these servers to my GroupWise email account. In /etc/postfix/main.cf file, The current value of MYHOSTNAME is LINUX.LOCAL. What should be the right value of MYHOSTNAME? Is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JDBA
0 Replies
SCRIPT-EMAIL(8) 					  System Administration Commands					   SCRIPT-EMAIL(8)

NAME
script-email - Amanda script to send email notifications DESCRIPTION
script-email is an Amanda script implementing the Script API. It should not be run by users directly. It sends a notification email to the addresses specified in the MAILTO property. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control script-email's functionality. See amanda-scripts(7) for information on the Script API, script configuration. MAILTO List of email addresses that will receive an email on command execution. It is a multi-valued property: property "MAILTO" "amanda@domain.com" "sysadmin@domain.com" "amandauser@domain.com" EXAMPLE
In this example, script-email is scheduled to be run before the DLE, on the server. The unqualified email address amanda will be passed to the email system unchanged. The script is then attached to a dumptype, which can then be specified for any DLEs which require notification. define script-tool pre-email { comment "email me before this DLE is backed up" plugin "script-email" execute-on pre-dle-backup execute-where server property "mailto" "amanda" } define dumptype user-tar-email { user-tar script "pre-email" } SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-client.conf(5), amanda-scripts(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.3 01/10/2013 SCRIPT-EMAIL(8)