Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting bash hell , removing " and adding from a strings Post 302330078 by xpd259 on Tuesday 30th of June 2009 08:25:54 AM
Old 06-30-2009
i used that and and it still made no sense

but it all became clear after a good nights sleep
but thanks for the tips Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get two strings ending with "." and starting with "."

Hi all, In unix shell, I want to get two strings ending with "." and starting with "." from a string "chan.txt" For example, a string "chan.txt". The first string is "chan" The second string is "txt" Yours Wilson (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wilsonchan1000
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why generate "ash and bash" different output for same bash script?

Hi, For my bash script, terminal with bash is generate an OK output and program works right. already, terminal with ash have "line 48: syntax error: Bad substitution" output and program don't work. :confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: s. murat
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing the "\" and "\n" character using sed or tr

Hi All, I'm trying to write a ksh script to parse a file. When the "\" character is encountered, it should be removed and the next line should be concatenated with the current line. For example... this is a test line #1\ should be concatenated with line #2\ and line number 3 when this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_coder
3 Replies

4. AIX

Typing "bash" at the command line spawns two bash processes

Server: IBM p770 OS: AIX 6.1 TL5 SP1 When one of our develoeprs types "bash" on the command line to switch shells, it hangs. For some reason, two bash processes are created....the first bash process spawns a second bash process in the same console, causing a hang. Anyone have any idea what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wjssj
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing "^M" from the end of a String (i.e. "Ctrl+M")?

Hello All, I have an Expect script that ssh's to a remote server and runs some commands before exiting. One of the commands I run is the "hostname" Command. After I run this command I save the output using this line in the code below... Basically it executes the hostname command, then I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
2 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Suggestion: adding two new groups "sed" and "awk"

Majority of the questions are pertaining file/string parsing w.r.t sed or awk It would be nice to have these two as their own sub category under shell-programming-scripting which can avoid lot of duplicate posts. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jville
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the strings beween 2 characters "/" & "/" in .txt file

Hi all. I have a .txt file that I need to sort it My file is like: 1- 88 chain0 MASTER (FF-TE) FFFF 1962510 /TCK T FD2TQHVTT1 /jtagc/jtag_instreg/updateinstr_reg_1 dff1 (TI,SO) 2- ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Behrouzx77
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"Help with bash script" - "License Server and Patch Updates"

Hi All, I'm completely new to bash scripting and still learning my way through albeit vey slowly. I need to know where to insert my server names', my ip address numbers through out the script alas to no avail. I'm also searching on how to save .sh (bash shell) script properly.... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: profileuser
25 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
CHEESE(1)							   User Commands							 CHEESE(1)

NAME
cheese - tool to take pictures and videos from your webcam SYNOPSIS
cheese [option...] DESCRIPTION
cheese uses your webcam to take photos and videos, applies fancy special effects and lets you share the fun with others. It was written as part of Google's 2007 Summer of Code lead by daniel g. siegel and mentored by Raphael Slinckx. Under the hood, Cheese uses GStreamer to apply fancy effects to photos and videos. With Cheese it is easy to take photos of you, your friends, pets or whatever you want and share them with others. After the success of the Summer of Code, the development continued and we are still looking for people with nice ideas and patches ;) INVOCATION
cheese takes a list of options as arguments. Options --wide, -w Start in wide mode, with the thumbnails to the right of the video preview. --device=DEVICE, -d DEVICE Use the supplied DEVICE as the video capture device. --fullscreen, -f Start in fullscreen mode. --help, -h Print brief help and exit. --version, -v Print the version and exit. SEE ALSO
Cheese help manual AUTHOR
cheese was written by Daniel G. Siegel <dgsiegel@gnome.org>, Jaap A. Haitsma <jaap@haitsma.org>, Filippo Argiolas <fargiolas@gnome.org>, Yuvaraj Pandian T <yuvipanda@yuvi.in>, Luciana Fujii Pontello <luciana@fujii.eti.br> and David King <amigadave@amigadave.com>. This manual page was written by David King <amigadave@amigadave.com>. Cheese 3.8.2 06/10/2014 CHEESE(1)