Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Turn Off the Message [YOU HAVE NEW MAIL] Post 302329931 by vidyadhar85 on Monday 29th of June 2009 05:24:28 PM
Old 06-29-2009
use the below comman to turn off the notification.. for more info read man page of biff
Code:
biff n

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get åäö in e-mail message body

First of all: Hi all, i´m a new unix user and i´m swedish so please bare with me. When i generate an e-mail on a unix server and send it through novell netware 5, i loose the swedish characters å, ä and ö in the body of the message, however they remain in the subject row. What to do? Anyone?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: de98luto
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail message attachment not complete

Hi, I use MIME::Lite to send an e-mail with an attachment: $msg = MIME::Lite->new( From =>$usermail, To =>$tomail, Subject =>'Nieuw Pegasus Adresboek', Type =>'multipart/mixed' ); $msg->attach(Type =>'TEXT', Data =>$message ); $msg->attach(Type =>'text/plain', Path... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tine
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab Mail message

Hi When I make change in crontab entries , I get below message as a mail. Can any one tell me what this indicates? ********************************************* From wlsdev05 Fri Sep 22 02:11:23 2006 Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 02:11:23 -0400 (EDT) From: "Geff Thomson - " <wlsdev05>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajkrmishra
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

pick correct message and mail.

Hi, I have the following small script. How can I just print out the string with missing message and send to hotmail.com? Also, can i set the message a bit more beautiful such as "Dear All, the following list is missing in our system"? #!/bin/sh MSG=/log cat list11.txt | awk ' BEGIN { flag... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to turn off "discard RIP response" message

I am running a solaris 10 box and is just a workstation. I want to turn off the message below since it is annoying me. Nov 15 12:16:07 stage5 in.routed: discard RIP response; source 134.56.105.2 not on interface eri0 This message only pops up when I am in a console. Telnet doesn't see it. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tecky
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

two files as a message in mail

i have two files --file1 and file2-- how should i send both the contents of files as a message in the mail body ali@unix.com i have written the script ---------------------------- #!/bin/ksh mail -s "the two files are" ali@unix.com < file1 < file2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a mail with attachement as well as message Body..?

Hi all, i am working with CSH, i want to know that how to send a mail in UNIX shell script (CSH) with attachment as well as message body. i know that how to send a mail with attachment and message body. but i want know both things in a single mail Suggession would be appreciate. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psiva_arul
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Return mail message

Hi I would like to know how interpret line by line a return mail message sent by unix mailer-daemon (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alcvrjo
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail Message

Hi, Need a script bash,sh or perl doesn't metter, witch can read mail message text file and grep message body. Does it possible? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mirror
0 Replies
PG_BUILDEXT(1)						 Debian PostgreSQL infrastructure					    PG_BUILDEXT(1)

NAME
pg_buildext - Build and install a PostgreSQL extension SYNOPSIS
pg_buildext action srcdir target opts DESCRIPTION
pg_buildext is a script that will build a PostgreSQL extension in a VPATH way. It supports the configure, build, install, and clean actions, and will choose to build for the intersection of versions known in debian/pgversions (versions supported by the package) and in /usr/share/postgresql-common/supported-versions (versions supported in this release). OPTIONS
action One of configure, build, install, or clean. srcdir Where to find the extension sources, including the debian subdirectory. (Usually $(CURDIR).) If not specified, defaults to the current directory. target The target directory where to build the sources, it will get created for you if it does not exist. If the target contains a %v sign, it will get replaced by the specific version of PostgreSQL being built against. (Usually build-%v.) opts %v signs in opts will get replaced as in target. configure Options to pass to the configure script. (Most PostgreSQL extensions do not have a configure script.) build Custom CFLAGS options to use for the build. install Package name to install for. Make will be called with DESTDIR="srcdir/debian/package". clean clean does not take extra options. USAGE
As pg_buildext invokes make for the build, install, and clean actions, invocations from debian/rules (which is a makefile) should be prefixed with + so the sub-makes can talk with the make jobserver. EXAMPLE
build-stamp: +pg_buildext configure $(CURDIR) build-%v "--libdir=/usr/lib/postgresql/%v/lib --datadir=/usr/share/postgresql-%v-plsh" +pg_buildext build $(CURDIR) build-%v install: build +pg_buildext install $(CURDIR) build-%v postgresql-%v-plsh clean: +pg_buildext clean $(CURDIR) build-%v AUTHOR
Dimitri Fontaine <dim@tapoueh.org>, with extensions by Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org>. Debian 2012-10-08 PG_BUILDEXT(1)