Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problem with script Post 302328250 by Gee-Money on Wednesday 24th of June 2009 12:24:07 AM
Old 06-24-2009
From the output of:

Code:
# help set
-x  Print commands and their arguments as they are executed.

so just put "set -x" at the top of the script before any other commands.

A much more ghetto and tedious way to do it is to add an "echo" command after every command.
Code:
command1
echo 1
command2
echo 2

so when your script "hangs" and all you see on the terminal is "1", then you know that you have a problem with "command2". It's much easier to go with set -x though, I was just trying to illustrate the principle.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem starting a script from a 'main'-script

Please Help! :o I have a main script (ksh) where another script is called (convert_picture). Normally this works ok, but since some changes has been made on the unix-server (I dont know what :( ) suddenly it doesnt work anymore: i get an error message: ksh: convert_picture not found. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakker
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help. Script problem

hey guys. i have a bunch of programs in a script that needs to run as root and the rest as another user, we'll call him gabriel. now, in this script, i want to run the first few lines as root. now, how do i, after running as root, tell the script to run the remaining lines as the user gabriel?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh script problem problem

Hi Please help me with the following problem with my script. The following block of code is not repeating in the while loop and exiting after searching for first message. input_file ========== host001-01 host001-02 2008-07-23 13:02:04,651 ConnectionFactory - Setting session state... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcjandyala
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

call shell script from perl cgi script problem

hi,, i have perl scipt with line : system('./try.sh $t $d $m'); in shell scipt try.sh i have the line: echo $1 its not printing value of $t that i hav passed..y is it so..i am running it from apache web server (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script problem

Hello I am trying to execute the following script #!/bin/ksh ABC=/abc/def/ghi/jkl/mna/opq/input cd $ABC Filename=`ls -t $ABC | tail -1`; echo $Filename awk 'NR == 1 || substr($0,63,5) ~ /H... / && \ _++ == 1 { fn && close(fn); fn = "$Filename_" ++c; _ = 1 } { print > fn }' $Filename... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsdev_123
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with a script

Hi everyone, I got a problem with a script. What it's supposed to do is: to take as arguments a directory name <dir> and a dimension (in byte) <dim>; if <dir> exists, to write name and dimension of every regular file within it that sizes lesser than <dim> in regFileList. Nothing happens... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Luke Bonham
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem running a program/script in the background from a script

Hi all, I have a script that calls another program/script, xxx, to run in the background. Supposedly this program at most should finish within five (5) minutes so after five (5) minutes, I run some other steps to run the script into completion. My problem is sometimes the program takes... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while calling a script within a script

Hi , I have moduled my scripts in three scripts . From First script i am calling second and from second i am calling third for some check . Problem is with the third script call. ---In second script EXP ='test.\abc.\Server.*abc.xml.*' pid=$($HOME/bin/checkpid $EXP) --Third... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amrishn
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script newbie, what is problem with my script?

Hello, Ubuntu server 11.10 can anybody help what is problem with my shell script? #!/bin/bash #script to find out currently logged on user is root or not. if ] then echo "You are super" else echo "You are awesome!" fi When I run script, I get following output ./uid: line 3: I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaustubh
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in calling a script inside a script

Hi team, I have a script in different folder. Now i want to call that script and execute that script from that path alone. My code is #!/bin/bash wname=yahoo PATH='/opt/IBM' wac=`/usr/bin/ls $PATH | /usr/bin/grep "$wname"` STOP=`/usr/bin/find $PATH/$wac -type f -name "stop.sh"`... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: natraj005
8 Replies
intrbald(1M)															      intrbald(1M)

NAME
intrbald - daemon for balancing interrupts SYNOPSIS
interval | DESCRIPTION
Balancing interrupts is a process which distributes interrupts across the available CPUs in an optimal fashion. This action is performed by (see intctl(1M)). Performing frequent CPU migrations between system partitions may require you to perform periodic balancing of interrupts. This is espe- cially true with systems that use WLM (Workload Manager), iCAP (Instant Capacity), and vPars (Virtual Partitions) products. If the fre- quency of CPU migration is high, then balancing of interrupts should be performed more frequently. The daemon monitors the system for imbalance in interrupt distribution. If an imbalance is detected after the specified interval executes to balance the interrupt distribution. uses the parameters from the configuration file for balancing the interrupts. For more information about the command, see intctl(1M) and the configuration file. The daemon is started from the general purpose sequencer script (see rc(1M)), at run level 2 and is killed at run level 1. By default, the daemon is not enabled. The daemon configuration file must be edited and the parameter set to in order to enable running the daemon. After setting to for the first time, you can start the daemon manually by executing the script Otherwise, the daemon will automatically start the next time the system is restarted. Any actions performed by the daemon are logged in and details of interrupt migrations performed will be logged in the file Options recognizes the following options: Instructs the running daemon to reexamine the configuration file If the parameter has been updated, then the running daemon uses the new value. If the parameter is set to then the running daemon stops executing. The daemon checks if the system requires any balancing of interrupts after interval seconds; the valid range is 5 seconds to seconds (see limits(5)). This value can also be specified persistently in the configuration file by setting the parameter. The default value is 60 seconds. Setting this value too small can cause unnecessary interrupt migrations. Gracefully kills the running daemon. intrbald rc Configuration File is the configuration file. The following parameters can be persistently specified in this configuration file: Specifies if the daemon should be started automatically during the system bootup process by the script. The daemon will only be started automatically if this parameter is set to NOTE: This value is by default. Before using the daemon, needs to be changed to in the file. Then the daemon needs to be started, either manually by running or it will be started automatically at next boot via the script. The daemon checks if the system requires any interrupt balancing after this interval. The interval is specified in seconds; the valid range is 5 seconds to seconds (see lim- its(5)). The default is 60 seconds. Setting this value too small could cause unnecessary interrupt migrations. RETURN VALUE
Exit values are: Successful completion. An error condition occurred. WARNINGS
The command can be executed only by the superuser. This command should be used only by performance analysts for performance tuning pur- poses. If the interrupts are not redistributed properly, a possible decrease in overall system performance can occur. Some processors can become overloaded while other processors will not be optimally utilized. FILES
configuration file. See the section above. script. start symbolic link. kill symbolic link. daemon log file. SEE ALSO
intctl(1M), ioscan(1M), rc(1M), limits(5). intrbald(1M)