Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell script to format file based on specific patterns Post 302326639 by bwhitehd on Thursday 18th of June 2009 10:30:01 AM
Old 06-18-2009
Yes and No. Can you provide a sample of the input file?

From what I understand so far, a script reads in each line of an input file, then writes to an output file based on the if conditions. Will all 3 cases be within the same script? Will the output be written to the same file and combined in some way or different files? Do you have a preference in language? (bash, perl, ...)

psuedo code for case 1:
Code:
# assuming inputfile format of "value1 value2"
while read -u inputfile var1 var2
do
  if condition1; then
    parm1=a
    parm2=b
    parm3=c
    if condition2; then
      parm3=d
      parm4=e
    fi
    for num in {1..4}
    do
      printf "cond1=%s|cond2%s|parm%s=%s\n" $cond1 $cond2 $num ${parm${num}} >> outputfile
    done
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to edit strings based on patterns

Hello All, Here is the file which I want to edit. The script should look for DB2 and if found then delete all lines related to DB2 connection string. Is there way this can be done using script ? DB1 = (DESCRIPTION = (SDU = 32768 (enable = broken) (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakc_in
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a file based on two patterns

Hi there, I've an input file as follows: *START 1001 a1 1002 a2 1003 a3 1004 a4 *END *START 1001 b1 1002 b2 1004 b4 *END *START 1001 c1 1004 c4 *END (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kbirde
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

segregate the file based on matching patterns

print 'test' SETUSER 'dbo' go create proc abc as /Some code here/ go SETUSER go print 'test1' SETUSER 'dbo' go Create Procedure xyz as /some code here/ go SETUSER go print 'test2' SETUSER 'dbo' (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning a specific format to a specific column in a text file using awk and printf

Hi, I have the following text file: 8 T1mapping_flip02 ok 128 108 30 1 665000-000008-000001.dcm 9 T1mapping_flip05 ok 128 108 30 1 665000-000009-000001.dcm 10 T1mapping_flip10 ok 128 108 30 1 665000-000010-000001.dcm 11 T1mapping_flip15 ok 128 108 30... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodbenito
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Locating and Extracting Specific Patterns from a file

Hi all, 1. I have a file that is getting continously refreshed (appended) I want to grep all the strings containing substring of the type abcdf123@aaa.xxx.yyy.zzz:portnumber: where, before @, any letters or numbers combination, after @, IP address then symbol : then port... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kokoras
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to arrange file in specific format

Hi All, I am new to forum, I am looking to arrange a file in specific format but unable to get the formula to do it, already googled for the same, but didnt find the answer :(. hope to get help here :o:o:o:o:o I have to files : $ cat Dev_List2 0685 0686 0687 0688 0689 068A 068B 068C... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasan_Aix
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell script not working-picking segment patterns from a file

Hi All, I have to pick particular segments from a file and I have prepared below shell script.But its not working and I am not able to find out whats the issue.could you guys pls help? Sample file: TS3*1451575*12*20151231*4*482.44 NM1*QC*1*CUTLER*BETTY DTM*472*20150808... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkata Prasad
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File merging based on column patterns

Hello :) I am in this situation: Input: two tab-delimited files, `File1` and `File2`. `File2` (`$2`) has to be parsed by patterns found in `File1` (`$1`). Expected output: tab-delimited file, `File3`. `File3` has to contain the same rows as `File2`, plus the corresponding value in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dovah
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Using grep to select specific patterns in text file?

How do I use grep to select words that start with I or O, end in box, and contain at least one letter in between them? the text file mailinfo.txt contains Inbox the Inbox Is a match box Doesn't match INBOX Outbox Outbox1 InbOX Ibox I box If the command works correctly it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: steezuschrist96
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux/Shell script - How to compare 2 arrays based on patterns and get the differences

I have FILE 1 (This file has all master columns/headers) A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|STATUS FILE 2 A|C|F|I|OFF_STATUS 3|4|5|4|Y 6|7|8|5|Y Below command give me all headers of FILE 2 into array2.txt file paste <(head -1 FILE2.txt | tr '|' '\n')>array2.txt So I would like to compare... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmadhams
2 Replies
nfexpire(1)															       nfexpire(1)

NAME
nfanon - netflow anonymisation SYNOPSIS
nfanon [options] DESCRIPTION
nfanon is used to anonymise all IP addresses ( src, dst, next hop, router IP etc. ) in the netflow records using the CryptoPAn (Cryptogra- phy-based Prefix-preserving Anonymization) module. The key -K is used to initialize the Rijndael cipher. The key is either a 32 character string, or a 64 hex digit string starting with 0x. See http://www.cc.gatech.edu/computing/Telecomm/cryptopan/ for more information about CryptoPAn. nfanon has several modes of operation. o nfanon reads a sequence of input files, specified by -r, -R and -M and anonymises the flows in the given files. The input file arguments have the same syntax and meaning as nfdump(1). o nfanon reads a sequence of input files, specified by -r, -R and -M. All anonymised flows are written to a single file specified by -w. o nfanon works as filter and reads flows from stding and writes the anonymised flows to stdout. OPTIONS
-r inputfile Read input data from inputfile. Default is read from stdin. -R expr Read input from a sequence of files in the same directory. expr may be one of: /any/dir Read recursively all files in directory dir. /dir/file Read all files beginning with file. /dir/file1:file2 Read all files from file1 to file2. Note: files are read in alphabetical sequence. -M expr Read input from multiple directories. expr looks like: /any/path/to/dir1:dir2:dir3 etc. and will be expanded to the directories: /any/path/to/dir1, /any/path/to/dir2 and /any/path/to/dir3 Any number of colon separated directories may be given. The files to read are specified by -r or -R and are expected to exist in all the given directories. The options -r and -R must not contain any directory part when used in conjunction with -M. -w outputfile If specified writes anonymised netflow records to outputfile. -K key The key is used to initialize the Rijndael cipher. key is either a 32 character string, or a 64 hex digit string starting with 0x. RETURN VALUE
Returns 0 No error. 255 Initialization failed. 250 Internal error. NOTES
None. SEE ALSO
nfdump(1) BUGS
2009-09-09 nfexpire(1)