Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Break down a string
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Break down a string Post 302326046 by summer_cherry on Wednesday 17th of June 2009 02:17:17 AM
Old 06-17-2009
Code:
data="/lcl/apps/trm, /lcl/apps/wwe, /prd/sse/qwe, /lcl/ppe/eer"
IFS=,
set $data
while [ $# -gt 0 ];do
echo $1
shift
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to insert line break + string in vi (search & replace )

Hello all i have big test file that has allot of structure text something like this : <foo1 *.html> <blah action> somthing 1 somthing 2 </blah> </foo1 > now i will like to insert 2 more lines of text below the <blah action> so it will be like : <foo1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK break string into fields + pattern match

I am trying to break a string into separate fields and print the field that matches a pattern. I am using awk at the moment and have gotten this far: awk '{for(i=1;i<=NF;++i)print "\t" $i}' longstring This breaks the string into fields and prints each field on a separate line. I want to add... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moxy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

line break if string exceeds 100chars

I am required to develop a script to look for specific strings in the /var/adm/messages file on our Solaris10 host. When an entry is found in the file then I need that line to be piped to a log file. I have a script with the criteria i just need help with the manipulation of the text string. 1.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: s1ckle
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

break the string and print it in a new line after a specific word

Hi Gurus I am new to this forum.. I am using HP Unix OS. I have one single string in input file as shown below Abc123 | cde | fgh | ghik| lmno | Abc456 |one |two |three | four | Abc789 | five | Six | seven | eight | Abc098 | ........ I want to achive the result in a output file as shown... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannansr621
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to take a string and break each letter into a separate variable

I am trying to make a script that takes a word and each letter up and turns it into a separate variable. My code currently does not work but I feel I just need to tweak one thing that I am unsure of. (ex: if forum was typed in letter1=f; letter2=o; letter3=r;...) Thank you count=1; ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimputt
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Insert a break page after certain string using SED

Hi: I have 2 files: teststring.txt and a tempfile.txt teststring file contains: s/Primary Ins./\n1/g I'm trying to search for "Primary Ins." string in tempfile. For every "Primary Ins." string that is found, a new line is inserted and put in number 1. Then, write out the newfile... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbeee
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

add a string to a file without line break

I searched and found "echo -n" and "printf" are solution for this, but they are not here: $ echo "hello" >> test $ cat test hello $ echo -n "world" >> test $ cat test hello world $ echo -n " seriously?" >> test $ cat test hello world seriously? This is not successful... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: stunn3r
15 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find a string across line break (because of "segmentation fault core dumped")

Hi, thanks to a precedent post, and thanks to the reply of derekludwig of the forum, I have convert my first awk command as : test.txt is : AAAAAGHIJKLAjKMEFJKLjklABCDJkLEFGHIJKL awk -f findstring.awk test.txt > textreturn.txtfindstring.awk is : BEGIN{ SLENGTH = 3 } { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thewizarde6
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Break one long string into multiple fixed length lines

This is actually a KSH under Unix System Services (Z/OS), but hoping I can get a standard AIX/KSH solution to work... I have a very large, single line file in Windows, that we download via FTP, with the "SITE WRAP" option, into a Z/OS file with an LRECL of 200. This essentially breaks the single... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubbawuzhere
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Break a file into smaller pieces with same search string

please help to break a file into smaller pieces with same search string and delete the matched lines. like i have a below file <expression> some text ........ .......... </expression> <expression> some text ........ .......... </expression> <expression> some text ........... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nadeemrafikhan
11 Replies
ttk_image(n)							 Tk Themed Widget						      ttk_image(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ttk_image - Define an element based on an image SYNOPSIS
ttk::style element create name image imageSpec ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The image element factory creates a new element in the current theme whose visual appearance is determined by Tk images. imageSpec is a list of one or more elements. The first element is the default image name. The rest of the list is a sequence of statespec / value pairs specifying other images to use when the element is in a particular state or combination of states. OPTIONS
Valid options are: -border padding padding is a list of up to four integers, specifying the left, top, right, and bottom borders, respectively. See IMAGE STRETCHING, below. -height height Specifies a minimum height for the element. If less than zero, the base image's height is used as a default. -padding padding Specifies the element's interior padding. Defaults to -border if not specified. -sticky spec Specifies how the image is placed within the final parcel. spec contains zero or more characters "n", "s", "w", or "e". -width width Specifies a minimum width for the element. If less than zero, the base image's width is used as a default. IMAGE STRETCHING
If the element's allocated parcel is larger than the image, the image will be placed in the parcel based on the -sticky option. If the image needs to stretch horizontally (i.e., -sticky ew) or vertically (-sticky ns), subregions of the image are replicated to fill the par- cel based on the -border option. The -border divides the image into 9 regions: four fixed corners, top and left edges (which may be tiled horizontally), left and right edges (which may be tiled vertically), and the central area (which may be tiled in both directions). EXAMPLE
set img1 [image create photo -file button.png] set img2 [image create photo -file button-pressed.png] set img3 [image create photo -file button-active.png] style element create Button.button image [list $img1 pressed $img2 active $img3] -border {2 4} -sticky we SEE ALSO
ttk::intro(n), ttk::style(n), ttk_vsapi(n), image(n), photo(n) KEYWORDS
style, theme, appearance, pixmap theme, image Tk 8.5 ttk_image(n)