Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk to replace particular field Post 302324962 by vgersh99 on Friday 12th of June 2009 10:01:27 AM
Old 06-12-2009
Code:
NR==FNR{a[$1]=(your condition to choose $2) ? $2 : $3;next}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: find and replace in certain field only, help needed

I got a sample file like this. $ cat test 12|13|100|s 12|13|100|s 100|13|100|s 12|13|100|s I want to replace all 100 by 2000 only in 3rd field using "awk" This is replacing all 100's :-( $ awk -F "|" '{gsub( /100/,"2000");print}' test 12|13|2000|s 12|13|2000|s 2000|13|2000|s... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkl_jkl
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to replace a field

Hi I am using awk to replace the 4th feild of the input line. My code is below: REP_LINE=$(echo $Line | awk -v var=$REPL_DT '{$4=var; print}') It does replaces but all words/phrases after the 4th feild are erased. Is there a way to modify the 4th feild of the input line and to have all... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sugan
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk search and replace field

I am writing a c++ program that has many calls of pow(input,2). I now realize that this is slowing down the program and these all should be input * input for greater speed. There should be a simple way of doing this replacement throughout my file with awk, but I am not very familiar with awk.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluejayek
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk how to replace specific field with new value

I need to replace specific field (x) in a table with new value (y): Input: 1 2 3 4 5 x 6 7 8 9 0 0 Output: 1 2 3 4 5 y 6 7 8 9 0 0 I have no idea how to do this. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: setepo
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK How to replace a field using 2 shell variables?

Hello everybody: I want to replace any field $2 of any file line (f.i. test.txt) matching $1 with a shell variable. $ cat test.txt F 0 B A H -12.33 Now I'm going to ask the value of variable B: $ SEARCHVAR=B $ OLDVAL=$(awk -v SEARCHVAR="$SEARCHVAR"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: basalt
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk search and replace in a targeted field instead of $0

Hi I would like to apply this gawk command: gawk '{$0=gensub(/\y+\y/,"","g"); print}' file not to the whole $0 but just to the part of $0 that is between: (a number)"> and </mrk> Is it possible? thanks for your help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: louisJ
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK replace one field

I have some problem with this. Need to change field #3 to 5 if field #1 = A and filed #2 =B DataA C 6 T C B 4 R A B 3 T D E 5 4 I would like to do two things if statement is true, but can not get it to work. Here it prints column #3 if statement is true, and this works awk '{if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need an awk script to calculate the percentage of value field and replace

Need an awk script to calculate the percentage of value field and replace I have a input file called file.txt with the following content: john|622.5674603562933|8|br:1;cn:3;fr:1;jp:1;us:2 andy|0.0|12|**:3;br:1;ca:2;de:2;dz:1;fr:2;nl:1 in fourth filed of input file, calulate percentage of each... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veeruasu
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Match First Field and Replace Second Column

Hi Friends, I have looked around the forums and over online but couldn't figure out how to deal with this problem input.txt gene1,axis1/0/1,axis2/0/1 gene1,axis1/1/2,axis2/1/2 gene1,axis1/2/3,axis2/2/3 gene2,axis1/3/4,axis2/3/4 Match on first column and if first column is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to replace a specific field in certain condition

Hi, I have a file like below PRUM,67016800 ,CC ,C1,67016800 , ,Y,Y,2 ,CK,BX,FOX ,00000001,EA,00000001,20141120 00:00:00, ,N,Y,Y,CK ABCDEF... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mady135
7 Replies
WORD-LIST-COMPRESS(1)					 Aspell Abbreviated User's Manual				     WORD-LIST-COMPRESS(1)

NAME
word-list-compress - word list compressor/decompressor for GNU Aspell SYNOPSIS
word-list-compress c[ompress] | d[ecompress] DESCRIPTION
word-list-compress compresses or decompresses sorted word lists for use with the GNU Aspell spell checker. COMMANDS
-c, c, compress compress the plain text word list read from standard input. -d, d, decompress decompress the compressed word list read from standard input. EXAMPLES
Here are a few examples of how you can use word-list-compress word-list-compress d <wordlist.cwl >wordlist.txt Decompress file wordlist.cwl to text file wordlist.txt word-list-compress c <wordlist.wl >wordlist.cwl 2>errors.txt Compress wordlist.wl to wordlist.cwl and send any error messages to a text file named errors.txt LC_COLLATE=C sort -u <wordlist.txt | word-list-compress c >wordlist.cwl Sort a word list, then pipe it to word-list-compress to create a compressed binary wordlist.cwl file. word-list-compress d <words.cwl | aspell create master ./words.rws Decompress a wordlist, then pipe it to aspell(1) to create a spelling list. Please check the aspell(1) info manual for proper usage and options. TIPS
Word-list-compress is best used with sorted word list type files. It is not a general purpose compression program since the resulting files may actually increase in size. Word-list-compress accepts up to 255 text characters in the range of {0x21...0xFF}. If your word list requires a larger character set for certain languages or longer length for multi-word, scientific, medical, technical or other use, then it is recommended that you compress your word list using prezip-bin(1) DIAGNOSTICS
Word-list-compress normally exits with a return code of 0. If it encounters an error, a message is sent to standard error output (stderr), and word-list-compress exits with a non-zero return value. Error messages are listed below: (display help/usage message) Unknown command given on the command line so word-list-compress displays a usage message to standard error output. Corrupt Input This is only for the decompression command d. The input file is of an unknown format or the input file/stream is corrupted. You may have some valid output, but word-list-compress could not complete the process. If the input file is a compressed wordlist but you have no output file, then it may be a newer prezip-bin(1) version of compressed file, if so, try decompressing the file with prezip-bin(1) instead. Output Data Error The output is full, write protected, or has an error and can no longer be written to. SEE ALSO
aspell(1), aspell-import(1), prezip-bin(1), run-with-aspell(1) Aspell is fully documented in its Texinfo manual. See the `aspell' entry in info for more complete documentation. REPORTING BUGS
For help, see the Aspell homepage at <http://aspell.net> and send bug reports/comments to the Aspell user list at the above address. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Aaron Lehmann <aaronl@vitelus.com>, Brian Nelson <pyro@debian.org> and Jose Da Silva <digital@joescat.com>. GNU
2005-09-05 WORD-LIST-COMPRESS(1)